15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ah really, are u not easily scared or?
    Ive watched lots of horror movies, i liked it though c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapal)
    every day we get closer it kills me a little bit more
    Same! If you ever begin to doubt yourself, just quietly sing "Work This Out" from High School Musical 2 to yourself. Foolproof way to stay optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    :yep:
    Whaaaaa? Can someone bring me up to speed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:
    Is that bad?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesTheCool)
    So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.
    U Jelly?

Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:
    Are they upset by that? Or are you just annoyed you didn't get to tell them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesTheCool)
    So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Is that bad?

(Original post by PythianLegume)
    U Jelly?

Are they upset by that? Or are you just annoyed you didn't get to tell them?
    They took it perfectly well, I'm just mad that he told them. I think it was out of order tbh.

ReputationRep:
    They took it perfectly well, I'm just mad that he told them. I think it was out of order tbh.
    Troll of the finest calibre? Or serious?

:confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    U Jelly?

Are you from a private school? Not that it's relevant, I'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Last year I thought I'd grown out of Harry Potter. This year I've come to my senses and will be tackling the 8 film marathon before results!!! :woo:
    I might join you in that actually.
    Seems like a good idea.
    Either that, or a book marathon? Hmm... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Troll of the finest calibre? Or serious?

:confused::confused::confused:
    Is homosexuality so outrageous and unheard of that you have to suggest trolling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDanny 117)
    Good luck with the Geography AS. I remember you from the Geography section haha.
    Yes remember you too, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Does anyone know whether when your teacher/s have marked your coursework and given it a mark and then send it off for the examiner to mark it, the examiner would change it if they think it deserves higher(or lower) I was just wondering cos think my coursework is gonna put me back and some last minute improvements made me wonder if the examiner would think it was slightly better than my teacher. It was aqa english lit B and it was on a Shakespeare text and Educating Rita too
    My teacher explained that most of the time they send off an exemplar coursework and a below average coursework from the school to the examiner just to check that the teachers have marked it properly, but i think what you are asking is more likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    I might join you in that actually.
    Seems like a good idea.
    Either that, or a book marathon? Hmm... :P
    I gave up on the order of the phoenix book. Yuck. I heard they're really good though.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Best book = The name of the wind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Are you from a private school? Not that it's relevant, I'm just curious.
    No, but I do go to a Grammar School (not one of the super-competitive ones, but still a Grammar).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    Whaaaaa? Can someone bring me up to speed?
    In other words.... the Uni's receive our results on Sunday. They then know who met their offers and who didn't. Also if you narrowly miss out on your offer, the uni will still accept you, which depends on the popularity of the course and of course, how many spaces they have left! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    In other words.... the Uni's receive our results on Sunday. They then know who met their offers and who didn't. Also if you narrowly miss out on your offer, the uni will still accept you, which depends on the popularity of the course and of course, how many spaces they have left! :eek:
    Bloody Nora! Dunno why I'm so shocked, think it just makes it all seem so much more real.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    Bloody Nora! Dunno why I'm so shocked, think it just makes it all seem so much more real.
    It allows the uni's to have a bit more time to review the situation about how many people met their offer and of course, it gives them more time to go through each application e.g. their personal statement, reference (as I was saying for the people that narrowly missed out on the grades)!

It's so scary :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qamaraden)
    AS so it basically determines the universities i can apply to.
    Ah, I see. I'm in the same position. Where are you thinking of applying to depending on grades?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.