Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would you guys really settle for someone like Higuain? He has no pace and most of his goals are from poaching - isn't much better than Giroud

ReputationRep:
    Roberto Mancini , Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafael Benítez are gone. If Wenger doesnt get top 4 this season its probably time for him to leave also......

ReputationRep:
    Lol Mancini got sacked even though I think it's harsh. But for the funds he had access to he didn't do that amazing, some of his tactics were questionable what kind of guy play 352 when his teams best tactic is 4321 with Aguero as the main striker. Then his signings , he signs people like Rodwell and Sinclair (still don't know what was going through Mancini's head). Tbh if Wenger had access to funds like that we'd do soo amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveTEC)
    Roberto Mancini , Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafael Benítez are gone. If Wenger doesnt get top 4 this season its probably time for him to leave also......
    :facepalm:

It's completely the opposite. Wenger should use his experience to his favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Götze)
    Would you guys really settle for someone like Higuain? He has no pace and most of his goals are from poaching - isn't much better than Giroud
    Personally don't want higuain. Isn't the type of striker that suits arsenal

ReputationRep:
    I think that the teams that willl be in top 4 next season will be:

1st Chelsea

2nd Arsenal

3rd Man united

4th Spurs

I dont know why but i have a feeling that man city will drop out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Götze)
    I agree, very similar Giroud. I think Remy would be a good signing. He's strong, pacey, can finish and he's French too! I think Giroud with his aerial ability and link up play alongside Remy with his pace and finishing would be deadly!

And Arsenal can afford him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lol Mancini got sacked even though I think it's harsh. But for the funds he had access to he didn't do that amazing, some of his tactics were questionable what kind of guy play 352 when his teams best tactic is 4321 with Aguero as the main striker. Then his signings , he signs people like Rodwell and Sinclair (still don't know what was going through Mancini's head). Tbh if Wenger had access to funds like that we'd do soo amazing.
    He does have access to significant funds, but decides against using them. His philosophy is to look for value in the market, not splash out on a player after seeing a highlight reel on MOTD .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

1st Chelsea

2nd Arsenal

3rd Man united

4th Spurs

Christ bit on the optimistic side there

ReputationRep:
    well its a shame you guys couldnt afford to sign someone like myself, i would've shown wheelchair jack and grandpa cazorla how to be a playmaker

ReputationRep:

1st Chelsea

2nd Arsenal

3rd Man united

4th Spurs

Not a chance will united be below you next season, despite losing our manager, the staff, the structure, the players will all still be there. Moyes with Everton are only 4 points below you, how is he going to do worse with the quality of our squad? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No way City drop out of the top four. They were pretty bad this year and still got second comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I think it'll be:

1) Chelsea (if they get Mourinho + world-class forward)
    2) Man Utd
    3) Arsenal
    4) City
    5) Spurs

ReputationRep:
    I see where you guys are coming from cos we're all expecting Arsenal to strengthen this summer, but so will City undoubtedly (like somebody said they did relatively poorly this year and still comfortably finished second), and so will Chelsea (well, they defo should do much better next year anyway even with the squad they have). United will still be up there even without ferguson. Spurs will strengthen too and if they keep Bale then AVB will keep them competitive. Liverpool should be more in the mix next year too.

Think - and hope - it's gonna be a much better season and I'm excited about it from a neutral point of view as well as an Arsenal fan. But I have no idea how it's gonna pan out tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Not a chance will united be below you next season, despite losing our manager, the staff, the structure, the players will all still be there. Moyes with Everton are only 4 points below you, how is he going to do worse with the quality of our squad? :rolleyes:
    I don't think that moyes will be able to instill that winning mentality like SAF does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    No way City drop out of the top four. They were pretty bad this year and still got second comfortably.
    Comfortably - they're three points above chelsea

I just have a feeling that they will. Be it the new manager or wrongly spending money

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm going with

1) Chelsea
    2) United
    3) City
    4) Tottenham/Arsenal depending on the positioning this season

Liverpool should be there or there about, Would rather wait though till probably early July once some signings have been made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Christ bit on the optimistic side there

ReputationRep:
    Comfortably - they're three points above chelsea

I just have a feeling that they will. Be it the new manager or wrongly spending money
    They've never really been under threat though, apart from like one week when some people thought Spurs might catch them.

They are still rock solid at the back despite Kompany not being as good as last year (fewest goals conceded) and have the resources to improve up front. Unless they lose their strikers and fail to replace them I just can't see them having any problems - as much as I would like them to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that moyes will be able to instill that winning mentality like SAF does.
    We still have the players who will have that winning mentality. How do you see Arsenal overtaking United? Who do you see coming in? Obviously none of us knows whats going to happen but don't understand how you came to your conclusion.

And really i get neg rep cause i'm giving my opinion? :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.