Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by THEALB10N)
    Well if not then at least I can look forward to a relegation party at Middlesbrough in May! :cheers:

Who is it you follow btw?
    Well hopefully it won't come to that, I am a Villa fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Well hopefully it won't come to that, I am a Villa fan.
    Can we have any more loanees to add to Gardener, Bennett and Bent?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by THEALB10N)
    Can we have any more loanees to add to Gardener, Bennett and Bent?
    Take Charles N'Zogbia and Kieron Richardson off us ha ha

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Channel 5 will be showing highlights of the Football League from next season. The show will be on at 9pm on Saturday. I think a prime time start time is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Looks like Channel 5 will be showing highlights of the Football League from next season. The show will be on at 9pm on Saturday. I think a prime time start time is a good thing.
    May Steve Claridges football analyst career end with the FLS.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So the MK Dons and Chesterfield FA Cup game has been ordered to be replayed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30482412

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    So the MK Dons and Chesterfield FA Cup game has been ordered to be replayed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30482412
    Absolutely disgraceful - I'm livid, as I'm sure MK fans are. Yes, CFC are to blame for the paperwork issue - some imbecile at the club only gave 'verbal permission' to play Georg Margreitter (ironically his loan ended yesterday so won't even play in the replay). However, the FA are ridiculously incompetent. They should have either thrown us out (e.g. Bury 2006) or let us off with a fine (e.g. Bradford 2012). It's not fair on the fans who will no doubt have to travel on a Tuesday night just before Christmas, and the two teams who risk player injuries and tiredness for the league matches that follow.

MK Dons fans on their forum are suggesting that they will make a loss on this if not many fans turn up. They are doing well in the league, which I'm sure they want to concentrate on - rather than a chance to play Scunthorpe or Worcester in the 3rd round (no disrespect to those two teams by the way). Hardly fair on them is it? MK Dons have gained a lot of respect from Chesterfield fans over this past week, as apparently the club was supporting our cause prior to today's hearing; however would it be too cheeky to ask permission to walk the ball into their net to restore the 1-0 lead?

The FA are a joke. Rant over!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Absolutely disgraceful - I'm livid, as I'm sure MK fans are. Yes, CFC are to blame for the paperwork issue - some imbecile at the club only gave 'verbal permission' to play Georg Margreitter (ironically his loan ended yesterday so won't even play in the replay). However, the FA are ridiculously incompetent. They should have either thrown us out (e.g. Bury 2006) or let us off with a fine (e.g. Bradford 2012). It's not fair on the fans who will no doubt have to travel on a Tuesday night just before Christmas, and the two teams who risk player injuries and tiredness for the league matches that follow.

MK Dons fans on their forum are suggesting that they will make a loss on this if not many fans turn up. They are doing well in the league, which I'm sure they want to concentrate on - rather than a chance to play Scunthorpe or Worcester in the 3rd round (no disrespect to those two teams by the way). Hardly fair on them is it? MK Dons have gained a lot of respect from Chesterfield fans over this past week, as apparently the club was supporting our cause prior to today's hearing; however would it be too cheeky to ask permission to walk the ball into their net to restore the 1-0 lead?

As an MK fan I agree - we could do without this extra game as we need to focus on promotion. We had our chance in the FA Cup and we lost. Forcing both teams to play an extra game is in no one's best interests...

Agreed - it's completely ridiculous for the FA to dish out different punishments for this each time it happens.

Even bigger news today is Blackburn, Leeds and Forest all receiving transfer embargoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Agreed - it's completely ridiculous for the FA to dish out different punishments for this each time it happens.

Even bigger news today is Blackburn, Leeds and Forest all receiving transfer embargoes.
    As a Wimbeldon fan, I am indifferent about MK Dons having to play another game but i do think on principle you are right, The FA can't just pick different punishemnts depending on the occasion.

Also, I don't see why teams break Fair Play rules, it is pretty easy to see how much loss you are making!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Neil Adkins sacked at Reading
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30478558

(Original post by LordPhylogeny)
    As a Wimbeldon fan, I am indifferent about MK Dons having to play another game but i do think on principle you are right, The FA can't just pick different punishemnts depending on the occasion.

Also, I don't see why teams break Fair Play rules, it is pretty easy to see how much loss you are making!
    My attitude when I first saw the news was "excellent, MK Dons haven't been reinstated instead of Chesterfield" but having seen jodd's reaction and considered it from the point of view of a neutral I'm unhappy. We played against Bradford in the FA Cup a few years ago and they fielded an ineligible player. At the time the precedent was disqualification (Bury and Droylsden) and the FA changed their minds. Now they've done something different again. It's farcical.

I have no idea either but finance and particularly football finance works on a different plane to the rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    As an MK fan I agree - we could do without this extra game as we need to focus on promotion. We had our chance in the FA Cup and we lost. Forcing both teams to play an extra game is in no one's best interests...
    If it's played on Tuesday 23rd, then that will be 5 games in 2 weeks - Sat 20th, Tues 23rd, Fri 26th, Sun 28th and the third round day on Sat 3rd (well, for one of us). If it's played on the third round day then it means that the actual 3rd round tie vs Scunthorpe/Worcester will be on a Tuesday night, which is hardly fair on one of them either. Absolute farce by the FA!

(Original post by Jangrafess)
    My attitude when I first saw the news was "excellent, MK Dons haven't been reinstated instead of Chesterfield" but having seen jodd's reaction and considered it from the point of view of a neutral I'm unhappy. We played against Bradford in the FA Cup a few years ago and they fielded an ineligible player. At the time the precedent was disqualification (Bury and Droylsden) and the FA changed their minds. Now they've done something different again. It's farcical.

I have no idea either but finance and particularly football finance works on a different plane to the rest of the world.
    Ironically, the 2008 Droylsden saga was against us, with us going through after 4 games after it was revealed that a Droylsden player who scored 2 goals in the last tie was meant to be suspended. In case you're wondering, the four games were:
    The first match at our old ground Saltergate, abandoned because of fog.
    Second match resulted in a draw.
    Third match at Droylsden abandoned because of a floodlight failure
    Final match Droylsden won.
    Then came the whole suspension news, blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gghjk)
    Good luck filling that 4th stand, barely fill 3!

We hate watford and we hate watford......
    I'm sure we could fill it fairly easily if your captain came along to one of our home games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)

Apparently both us and MK provided all the evidence needed to have you just go through. FA just playing their own tricks again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Apparently both us and MK provided all the evidence needed to have you just go through. FA just playing their own tricks again..
    The club confirmed that both Wolves and MK Dons were supporting us, so credit to the two clubs for that. But yeah, the FA are being complete tossers about this, to put it bluntly!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That rule is so antiqued and outdated, much like the dinosaurs at the FA who have made that decision. I'm sure that there will be a walked in goal to restore the 1-0 lead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Transfer embargo

It's fine, it's not like we actually buy any decent players anyway

ReputationRep:
    Who is off to any fa cup games tonight? I'm off to watch the mighty town v bury

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giampaolo Pozzo's house raided by tax officers in Italy. Y'know something's suspicious when the Italian police get off their seats.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.