Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if RPC automatically sends out the verbal reasoning test or does this mean a firm might actually like me for once? ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Clifford Chance

absolutely surprised!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the DWF vacation scheme application? struggling to find more information on their sector-led approach. can anyone point me in the right direction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    CC offer!
    Congrats!

How did they let you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    Congrats!

How did they let you know?
    Cheers! Email, in which they said they would also phone later to verbally confirm. (They haven't yet.)

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from DLA Piper or Morgan Lewis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rockpaper123)
    That would be great, I have mine on Wednesday Good luck!!!
    Hey, the burges salmon ac was fine, everyone was really friendly, you get put into groups at the start of the day so when you do the group exercise you already know the people,

the group exercise is a presentation advising a client, but keep an eye on the time as it goes really quickly,

The interview is short and informal, the questions are based on your application

the Watson glazer is just like any of the practice ones you can find online

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vwalters94)
    Hey, the burges salmon ac was fine, everyone was really friendly, you get put into groups at the start of the day so when you do the group exercise you already know the people,

the group exercise is a presentation advising a client, but keep an eye on the time as it goes really quickly,

The interview is short and informal, the questions are based on your application

the Watson glazer is just like any of the practice ones you can find online

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thank you for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    For anyone who is still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview, they sent me this e-mail after I asked about when I might expect to hear back:

Thank you for your email. We have received a large number of applications. We thank you for your patience on this matter and will be in touch in due course.

As helpful as EU Law is interesting (y)
    Thanks. I was going to email them tomorrow but no point now. How long have you been waiting can I ask? When did you submit yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Thanks. I was going to email them tomorrow but no point now. How long have you been waiting can I ask? When did you submit yours?
    I sent mine in early December so it's been around 2 months. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PFO but I think it's really rude of them to say they recruit on a rolling basis and then make people wait this long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    I sent mine in early December so it's been around 2 months. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PFO but I think it's really rude of them to say they recruit on a rolling basis and then make people wait this long!
    OMG two months! I don't know how you've waited this long. I sent mine about two weeks ago and I'm going crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    Any advice for a King Wood Mallesons video interview?
    Hello there! Yes I just finished my video interview. It is a set of competency questions e.g. tell me a situation when you face a challenge.

They flash the question and give you 1 min to compose your thoughts. Your answer gets recorded but there is a time limit! I made the mistake of rambling on too much and got cut off. (Didn't get through the video interview stage unfortunately but since I can't go on any further might as well help others )

All the best for yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somuchlaw)
    Hello everyone,

Have been a long time lurker - was wondering if anyone here was at the Addleshaw AC last Friday?
    Do you mean last Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a long-time lurker!

I have a video interview with Irwin Mitchell!
    First interview and I'm so apprehensive!

Does anyone have any tips on what questions are asked in the video interview?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisjones123)
    Hi, I am a long-time lurker!

I have a video interview with Irwin Mitchell!
    First interview and I'm so apprehensive!

Does anyone have any tips on what questions are asked in the video interview?

Thanks in advance!

Heya,

They ask 4 (probably random) competency questions. Along the lines of 'Describe a time when you have .......'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate1717)
    Does anyone know if RPC automatically sends out the verbal reasoning test or does this mean a firm might actually like me for once? ahaha
    I don't know the answer but have been wondering the same, the wording of the invitation did make it seem as though it wasn't automatic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Heya,

They ask 4 (probably random) competency questions. Along the lines of 'Describe a time when you have .......'
    Thank you!

Yes I guessed so, gonna try and prep some ideas/ answers ready for it.

If anyone has any more specifics it would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Could anybody who was rejected/accepted for A&O post-interview clarify the method of communication?

I was left a voicemail by the graduate recruitment partner whilst I was in my evening lecture (4-6pm) and by that time it was too late to call back, I imagine it will hopefully be good news (haven't heard of anybody being rejected for a VS via telephone generally), but not being able to call back until tomorrow morning is making me fidget!

ReputationRep:
    Heard slaughters have sent out some rejections can anyone confirm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Could anybody who was rejected/accepted for A&O post-interview clarify the method of communication?

I was left a voicemail by the graduate recruitment partner whilst I was in my evening lecture (4-6pm) and by that time it was too late to call back, I imagine it will hopefully be good news (haven't heard of anybody being rejected for a VS via telephone generally), but not being able to call back until tomorrow morning is making me fidget!
    If it's a partner, I bet it's positive. Only HR get to do the horrible calls. Unless you have some kind of connection to the partner in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.