OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015 Watch

_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iloverobkardash)
Not as well as ive could've but there was still some analysis of how it would correct underconsumption. What band do you think I hit?
It depends -if you mentioned is makes the market more allocatively efficient, reduces under-production, increases welfare and explained these a bit, you may not be capped. It all depends on how well you explained your analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I said that that the farmers are meeting the demand for energy, and that without a doubt, in the current economic sitaution there is high demand for energy which is advanatge of using biofuels. However..and talked about drawbacks. I MISSED OUT THE WORD ALLOCATIVE EFFECIENCY -.-
Jackriley97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
It depends -if you mentioned is makes the market more allocatively efficient, reduces under-production, increases welfare and explained these a bit, you may not be capped. It all depends on how well you explained your analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I said how gym membership may be considered a DEMERIT good (stupid I know) but I still said it is underconsumed, did a positive externality diagram, did how a subsidy increases consumption etc.... My only mistake was to call it a demerit good instead of a merit good
iloverobkardash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not really, I focused my analysis more on Subsidies themselves 👀
Ecconomist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
O the allocativee efficiency and public goods 6 markers, I didn't explitially state their defintions but I did mention throughout my answer: characteristics of non-rivalry and non-excludability and even said that as good dooesn't have both characterisitics of public good, perhaps a quasi-public good at one point. But a bit more coherently..

Also, for the allocative efficiency, I mentioned how this will improve or possibly maximise consumer satisfaction. after each point made.

Will I still be penalised for a possible knowledge / defintion mark even if it was clearly implied?
Carrot123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was re-taking this exam, had a solid B last year, but I found this year much harder than last year... But I understood what to put more, so hopefully I'll get more marks...

Where I lost my marks last year was on the 6-8 markers, got about 2-4 on them... Hopefully I did better this year...
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Carrot123)
I was re-taking this exam, had a solid B last year, but I found this year much harder than last year... But I understood what to put more, so hopefully I'll get more marks...

Where I lost my marks last year was on the 6-8 markers, got about 2-4 on them... Hopefully I did better this year...
Last year it was 42 for an A -can't see it getting lower to be honest.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carrot123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Last year it was 42 for an A -can't see it getting lower to be honest.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'll stay around the same, or increase to a maximum of 45... Either way, I got 40 last year, so an improvement will add to those crucial UMS...
Lilywww
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think I had a really good essay overall with strong analysis and 4 good evaluation points

BUT I just realised I didn't give a specific example of the merit goods / market failure that I was describing and analysing
Will I not be able to get above 4 marks for not giving a specific example??

Even tho my essay was really good ?
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lilywww)
I think I had a really good essay overall with strong analysis and 4 good evaluation points

BUT I just realised I didn't give a specific example of the merit goods / market failure that I was describing and analysing
Will I not be able to get above 4 marks for not giving a specific example??

Even tho my essay was really good ?
No. Though it would help, I doubt it was necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
coolguy123456
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As long as you mentioned the cause of the market failure (merit goods being underconsumed from what you've said) you shd be alright as there was no phrase stating to give an example of a good or to refer to the case study.
Lilywww
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by coolguy123456)
As long as you mentioned the cause of the market failure (merit goods being underconsumed from what you've said) you shd be alright as there was no phrase stating to give an example of a good or to refer to the case study.
Yeh I did do this quite thoroughly! Thank god, some people were telling me I could get 0/18 for not doing a specific example and that the examiner wouldn't even read the rest of my essay if I hadn't done one!
coolguy123456
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There were numerous reasons for correcting market failure using subsidy, merit goods being one of them, therefore an example can't possibly be compulsory due to how open-ended the question was.
If you have defined market failure and subsidy the minimum marks you'd get would be around 4 anyways.
Sail9963
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JYNE)
I'm not sure what I did in the exam, but I drew something along the lines of this. Is it correct? (I had labels aswell of course)
Sorry...didn't see reply

Yes that is right I did that anyway haha
hyjacked
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is there a F582 version of the google doc?
Pato1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hyjacked)
Is there a F582 version of the google doc?
the exam hasnt even happened..
keynes24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pato1)
the exam hasnt even happened..
I am assuming he refers to a revision guide
Hammy_23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is there a f582 thread?
c223
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hammy_23)
is there a f582 thread?
Yes, here.
Hammy_23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chloe-jessica)
Yes, here.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (163)
39.09%
No - but I will (22)
5.28%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.44%

Watched Threads