Original post by SkilledNChilled
Hitler reacts to C4 June 2015....

He is dead
Original post by Freddy-Francis
He is dead

Do you even know of this meme?
Original post by Freddy-Francis
He is dead

He's still reacting to a lot of **** man, don't count him out just yet.
Original post by SkilledNChilled
Do you even know of this meme?

dude there is one for every exam now
Reply 2084
Am i right in saying if i get completely stuck on part (a) of a question, and the next part of the question requires the answer for part (a) for you to continue, that i should just make an answer up and then i'd get some error carried forward marks?
I always find connecting rate of change and vectors difficult :frown: any tips?
please may edexcel have mercy on us.... please.. pretty pleeeaaaasseee...
Original post by Kill3er
Am i right in saying if i get completely stuck on part (a) of a question, and the next part of the question requires the answer for part (a) for you to continue, that i should just make an answer up and then i'd get some error carried forward marks?

To be honest, if it's a question which is hard enough to get stuck on, they make that part a 'show that', or occasionally give you a value to use in the next part if you are stuck. If somehow your situation came up, and you can find no alternative, then that'd probably be the best way to go, but they normally cover that.
Original post by blingaling
How do you estimate an approximate value in binomial expansion? For instance from the june 2013 reserve paper it asks estimate the approximate value of (7100)^1/3 using the binomial expansion of (8-9x)^1/3 ? I know you have to always sub in x=0.1 but how do you get this value?

(7.1)^1/3*(1000)^1/3
(7.1)^1/3*10
Reply 2089
Original post by Star Light
To be honest, if it's a question which is hard enough to get stuck on, they make that part a 'show that', or occasionally give you a value to use in the next part if you are stuck. If somehow your situation came up, and you can find no alternative, then that'd probably be the best way to go, but they normally cover that.

That's true, thanks :smile:
Original post by Kill3er
That's true, thanks :smile:

The only question type that I can think of where this could happen is in numerical methods... find x1, x2, and x3, and use that answer to find the solution to 3 decimal places or something. But since numerical methods is the easiest topic on the paper, they don't provide backups for this :smile:
Good luck everyone! hope the exam paper isn't as hard as c3 :frown:
Thank you for your answers, but I meant how do you get the x=0.1? from all that to then sub it into the binomial expansion?
Original post by tinkerbell55

They can be hard, it's always a good idea to write out what you need, for example if you need to find dx/dt, that equals dx/dv * dv/dt, of course the v could be anything, but you'll always be given something to connect the v and x and the v and t, I know this isn't the best patch up but just try to always write out what you need...

With the vectors, why not watch some of Examsolutions' videos on them? :smile:

Good luck to everyone today
(edited 8 years ago)
Exam is in a few hours.
People already want Hitler react video.
I'll go get my TARDIS
anyone else feel like they will never be prepared for this exam?
Original post by tinkerbell55

For vectors, always draw what you are given. Your eyes might take something that your brain can't and always try to make triangles if you are previously asked to find an angle.
Original post by sophia_e
anyone else feel like they will never be prepared for this exam?

More like I haven't had the time to prepare for this exam
Original post by blingaling
Thank you for your answers, but I meant how do you get the x=0.1? from all that to then sub it into the binomial expansion?

you need to recognise a value of x that will be helpful. X is normally small in these expansions so look for a number that seems to help
Original post by TeeEm

TeeEm,

Is it possible to use an integrating factor for question 5 on this paper?

https://a086a5a2f39bda93734c56a63fab1d7be0a9ba38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYQXE5T2xiNDBRd2s/January%202014%20(IAL)%20QP%20-%20C4%20Edexcel.pdf

I can't seem to rearrange it into the required form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending