The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah4262
If a question asks you to 'discuss' something, do you evaluate it?

Pretty sure 'discuss' is both AO1 and AO2, yeah.
Original post by mogwai98
How can you use sex to evaluate?

Probably best to talk about something else anyway.

Individual differences, some people may have an active sex live and because of the release of oxytocin and endorphins they are less likely to develop a stress related illness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eleonore
Individual differences, some people may have an active sex live and because of the release of oxytocin and endorphins they are less likely to develop a stress related illness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay.... Well there's no mention of that in my textbooks :tongue:
Psychology is stressing me out. I should fill in one of those SRRS questionnaires and break the scale.
Can anyone give me perfect definitions for abnormality?

Deviation from social norms etc?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Can anyone give me perfect definitions for abnormality?

Deviation from social norms etc?

Deviation from social norms
Deviation from ideal mental health
Failure to function adequately
Good luck on your exam for PSAY2, tomorrow :smile:.
Original post by kerryjames48
Deviation from social norms
Deviation from ideal mental health
Failure to function adequately

Could you outline them for me :smile: x
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Good luck on your exam for PSAY2, tomorrow :smile:.

Ah don't say tomorrow, the exam is Monday and that means I still have one full day left to get lots more revision in... so no need to panic or anything :tongue:
Ah don't say tomorrow, the exam is Monday and that means I still have one full day left to get lots more revision in... so no need to panic or anything :tongue:

That's the spirit :biggrin: gonna go to bed now, but did a fair amount in a short period. Hopefully to tomorrow goes well
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
That's the spirit :biggrin: gonna go to bed now, but did a fair amount in a short period. Hopefully to tomorrow goes well

Yes, I'm thinking that I'm too tired to really take anything in now. Will do more tomorrow.

Good luck to you :smile:
Really need help with bodily response to stress! :frown:
The whole process :frown:
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay

Yes, I'm thinking that I'm too tired to really take anything in now. Will do more tomorrow.

Good luck to you :smile:

I did the exam last year, and thought I aced it out of the park but got a B. Here is my advice if you want to learn from my mistakes(hopefully you guys won't need it :smile:), make sure you handwriting is neat and you have sufficient amount for the 12 marker. Also know meanings, all research methods properly like graphs and all that other crap :biggrin:.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD luck!
I doubt the handwriting is THAT important. As long as it's somewhat clear ... it shouldn't be too bad... Right?... RIGHT!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
As far as I know ... No. When they ask you to "discuss" it usually means outline so not evaluate. The marks should tell you whether it's both outline and evaluate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if the question is 12 marks and it says discuss it is always 6 for a01'and 6 for a02 so you evaluate?
Reply 2095
How to outline and evaluate explanations of why people conform? (12 marks)
[QUOTE="nat100000;55800463"]
Original post by undine_monty
I have some flashcards I made on stress. There's a 'learn' section where questions are asked on the topics and you just need to answer, If you get them wrong, you have to answer it again in the next round. Its helped me remember a lot of my psychology and sociology especially with the research studies.

Do you want to use the flashcards?[/QUOTE
Yes if you don't mind that would be a big help thank you!☺️

could I use it to
Original post by faith7
How to outline and evaluate explanations of why people conform? (12 marks)

for the question outline and evaluate research into conformity
include:
-compliance and internalisation
-normative is an example of compliance
-informational is an example of internalisation
-outline Asch's study about normative social influence
-evaluate his study e.g lab study
-weakness, based on men only and American too so suffers from cultural bias and age bias
-use of students, don't generalise to other ages

hope this helps :smile: I'm struggling on sherifs study about information social influence
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Really need help with bodily response to stress! :frown:
The whole process :frown:

Bodily response:

Flight or flight/ short term response- SAM (think of the S in SAM as short term!) :
hypothalamus -> activates the ANS -> which acts on the adrenal medulla -> to release adrenaline (vessels costrict and blood pressure increases) and noradrenaline (increase blood sugar) this pathway provides energy + other flight or flight responses eg. pupils dilate, sweating, lower pain sensitivity.

When a stressor is persistent over time, HPA occurrs.

Stressor activates the hypothalamus -> causes the pituitary gland -> to release ACTH. -> this acts on the adrenal cortex -> to release glucose and cortisol. HPA suppresses the immune system. :smile:
Original post by SunDun111
if the question is 12 marks and it says discuss it is always 6 for a01'and 6 for a02 so you evaluate?

Never mind. I meant describe is AO1. Discuss is both AO1 and AO2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending