Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered Genomics at Northwick Park!!! Was ranked 30th so 6th reserve! Can't believe 6 people rejected their offers

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer on Monday and I could not be more please. Good luck to everyone else on the reserve list. And if not there is always next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS12836)
    Just been offered Genomics at Northwick Park!!! Was ranked 30th so 6th reserve! Can't believe 6 people rejected their offers
    Congrats! I was ranked 29th and I got an offer earlier. I can't believe it, I feel like we're so lucky for this many people to decline/drop out!

ReputationRep:
    1st on reserve and still no offer for clinical engineering. Congrats to all who got offers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been upgraded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicTurtle)
    Congrats! I was ranked 29th and I got an offer earlier. I can't believe it, I feel like we're so lucky for this many people to decline/drop out!
    I know! So in shock! Didn't think we would have any hope in that many people dropping out!

ReputationRep:
    I was 2nd reserve for Immunology.

Got offered Plymouth yesterday. Accepted with upgrades.

Now been upgraded to Portsmouth today!

Seems to be very fluid up until the deadline on Friday evening.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting on the reserve list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio94)
    Anyone been upgraded?
    Yeah, I was second reserve, got an offer through on Monday for Walsall and today have been upgraded to Shrewsbury I can't believe how much swapping and changing is going on!! Anything could happen between now and Friday for those still on reserve!

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD i just got an offer for Genomics in Nottingham. I was 5th reserve I think. Surprised so many people have dropped out!

Are any of the other Nottingham people on here? Would be cool to know who's going to be around
    (Original post by AS12836)
    Congrats on your offers I'm also doing Genomics (Sheffield), looking forward to meeting everyone in September!

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD i just got an offer for Genomics in Nottingham. I was 5th reserve I think. Surprised so many people have dropped out!

Are any of the other Nottingham people on here? Would be cool to know who's going to be around
    I'm going to be in Nottingham too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckyMinotaur)
    I'm going to be in Nottingham too
    Oh cool, Hi
    Are you on the Genomics course or a different one?

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, Hi
    Are you on the Genomics course or a different one?
    No, I'm doing clinical bioinformatics (physical), really want it to be official so I can start looking for somewhere to live :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naola)
    Mid-Cheshire. Did you get the other place offer there?
    Hi Naola,
    I will be studying microbiology at Mid-Cheshire also! Looking forward to meeting you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandy_123)
    Yeah, I was second reserve, got an offer through on Monday for Walsall and today have been upgraded to Shrewsbury I can't believe how much swapping and changing is going on!! Anything could happen between now and Friday for those still on reserve!
    Oh wow congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie_T91)
    Hi Naola,
    I will be studying microbiology at Mid-Cheshire also! Looking forward to meeting you
    Excellent! I'll pm you my email address in case you want to contact me.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm doing clinical bioinformatics (physical), really want it to be official so I can start looking for somewhere to live :'
    Oh cool, I'm sure I'll see you around Yeah same! Are you going to be looking for a house share or living on your own?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which university provides the neurophysiology course? It says Manchester and Aston but no indication of which! Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, I'm sure I'll see you around Yeah same! Are you going to be looking for a house share or living on your own?
    I'm not sure yet, my boyfriend has a job for next year but doesn't know where it will be yet which is a bit annoying :/ don't really want to live on my own though, so going to try and house share if he ends up not near me you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet, my boyfriend has a job for next year but doesn't know where it will be yet which is a bit annoying :/ don't really want to live on my own though, so going to try and house share if he ends up not near me you?
    I'm in a similar position with my girlfriend (she doesn't know where she'll be). But I think I'll be looking for a house share too I guess. I don't think I've ever been to Nottingham but I've heard its nice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar position with my girlfriend (she doesn't know where she'll be). But I think I'll be looking for a house share too I guess. I don't think I've ever been to Nottingham but I've heard its nice!
    Partners are such a pain :') I've been there once, but I was quite a bit younger so can't really remember it, but my parents like it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.