Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    Anyone else find the MOCK A really hard only got 600 ave on it! the QR one was awful, only got 13 correct but normally get 80% in practice, how does this mock compare to the real thing!??!
    found Mock A easier than mock B, got 720 avg and mock B I got 700 avg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Thank you so much! When's your exam?
    Tomorrow! :rofl: :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    Thank you! I will look for them. I hope everything goes alright with your exam and your application
    Aww, thanks :hugs: I'll let you guys know tomorrow... hopefully :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    Aww, thanks :hugs: I'll let you guys know tomorrow... hopefully :crossedf:
    You're welcome :hugs:Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceLewis)
    To be honest, I am not sure if read question first then scan works for everyone. I have ADHD and it is very distracting for me to scan, as this requires that my attention shift extremely fast from sentence to sentence and I end up looking around the text without actually taking in the meaning. Many dyslexic people have some trouble, or people that are not good inn scanning anyway. What I do is I read the whole text very concentrated but fast, I use the cursor to move across the sentences to keepp my focus and pace and then I find that I have retained the info and can answer questions much faster, and very rarely need go back and if I do need go back in the text, I remember much better where I read the relevant info. That is for verbal reasoning. For quantitative now I read question first and then go to table as I need know what I am looking for. For abstract def see sets first then go to question. Cuz the point is to get the right pattern then questions can all be answered in 2-3 seconds each if you know pattern. idk hope this helps you, as I tried the scanning and I failed last year got 590 in VR it def does not work for anyone.
    Are you done with your exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    Are you noting these scores down? :lolwut:

I can't be bothered to remember any mock scores! Then again, you're averaging 700s. Wait, so am I... sometimes. Nvm :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome :hugs:Good luck!
    Danke schon :hat2:

I'll need it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That was 'thank you', by the way

ReputationRep:
    wow u are sorted then i really struggle

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! Good luck with you application! Except of medify, what else did you use to revise?
    The only other resources i used was the ISC 1000 Qs, but i only really used it for the tips after a while because the questions were just horrific.

Keep your cool in the exam and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    I personally didn't find it to be awful, but i did well in it.

VR is always a bit iffy, but i didn't particularly notice much of a jump in difficulty from Medify, but i was probably too focused to care about that. This was my worst section, but i wasnt surprised by that.

DM is just a bit weird, and there was way too much time for it. I finished with over 5 minutes to go. I find it difficult to explain what it was like, since there was such a mix of questions. But similar questions seemed to be grouped together. This is when I started noticing that it was actually quite cold in the room, which was somewhat nice considering it was one of the hottest days of the year outside, but bring a jumper in case you get too cold, because it does start to distract you.

QR i didn't find too bad either, the timing was fine for me, even though i did get stuck on a few questions. If you do get stuck, just guess it, flag it and move right on. I was helped in this section by the fact that i am naturally good at maths, so i guess i felt quite confident for it. I always knew i could get the score i did get. This was my highest score.

AR was decent, i was used to it at this point and there was only two or three questions that really threw me off (i still don't know what those triangles were :lol: ) , but it went quite quickly and i just enjoyed it

SJT is the same as Medify. The marking is better for it though, i think. I hate SJT because it feels like you have to much time and i always start doubting my answers, but i managed get band 1 so I'm fine

When doing the exam, use the shortcuts and don't be afraid to guess an answer, it to flag an answer and move on. The flag function is an actual life saver!
    How did VR comapare to the offical mocks?

ReputationRep:
    Are you noting these scores down? :lolwut:

I can't be bothered to remember any mock scores! Then again, you're averaging 700s. Wait, so am I... sometimes. Nvm :banghead:
    one was today and one was yesterday so not too hard to remember haha, I hope the actual exam is easier

ReputationRep:
    one was today and one was yesterday so not too hard to remember haha, I hope the actual exam is easier
    Dude, I should be thinking about my scores too, but I'm busy dreaming about Phelps

Yes, I hope so too. Everybody hopes so too! :lol:

Random Q: Are you doing A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    wow u are sorted then i really struggle
    the exam on the day will be easier for all(hopefully) so I'm sure you'll get the score you want

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow! :rofl: :five:
    I've got mine on Wednesday and I'm absolutely bricking it! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I should be thinking about my scores too, but I'm busy dreaming about Phelps

Yes, I hope so too. Everybody hopes so too! :lol:

Random Q: Are you doing A-Levels?
    Random A: Yes I am, are you?

ReputationRep:
    Random A: Yes I am, are you?
    :nah:

ReputationRep:
    :nah:
    PreU?

ReputationRep:
    How did VR comapare to the offical mocks?
    I didn't actually do the official mocks, so i can't help you there, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoafanuk)
    I've got mine on Wednesday and I'm absolutely bricking it! Good Luck!
    :bricks: Haha
    Well thank you, good luck to you too. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    PreU?
    What's that? :lolwut:
    CBSE :cry2: :cry: :getmecoat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.