Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I'll be 20 before Wilshere returns, funny that.

ReputationRep:
    Jack's career is most likely finished, basically. He will never reach his potential and will always be injured.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Such a shame that he'll only realistically have 8 weeks of action before the Euros.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Some sources are saying Elneny will be our only January signing. I guess if the injury crisis worsens in the final hours of the transfer window, we could always recall some of our loanees

(The last player to transfer from Basel to an English club, we know what happened to him so let's hope Elneny hits the ground running. Plus he will be ineligible vs Barca as he played in Basel's CL play-off defeat.)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35187793

According to this he'll be eligible.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how people are already judging this guy when they have most likely never seen him play a game live (I won't pretend to have either). If Wenger was signing him for £25mil you'd all be jizzing in your pants because price is all you have to go by atm.

Can't wait for @clockender to bring up the fact he's only 74 on fifa as in depth scouting knowledge as to why he isn't arsenal qualiteeeee (will he take the bait? )

Seriously though give the guy a chance to prove himself before you say it's a bad transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Probably better than ox

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're being linked with Nolito, Jese and Javier Hernandez today. http://www.theguardian.com/football/...o-jese-arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    You're being linked with Nolito, Jese and Javier Hernandez today. http://www.theguardian.com/football/...o-jese-arsenal
    had a dream we signed Dembele and Sandro ffs :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    wtf actually happened to Wilshere. did his leg actually fall off.

at this rate, wouldn't mind a straight swap for James McCarthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    This is why Welbeck is one of our most important players.
    Welbeck may have a winning mentality in terms of attitude / quiet determination, but it doesn't matter at Arsenal, because he is surrounded by players who don't have it, and Welbeck won't ever inspire them to get it together. Cech and Sanchez are the most important in that respect, I would say. Still not enough though - I think you need a critical mass of winners in a team before the mentality catches on.

My impression is that most players think if they put a bit of effort in they are in the clear because they can tell themselves "look at my stats / look at my shots / look how much I ran - I wasn't the problem / I tried". It's the equivalent of clock-watching at work.

ReputationRep:
    Loool, Welbeck has been here 12 months. Any "winning mentality" that he has is well and truly gone. In fact I highly doubt he has one anyway, being managed by Fergie doesn't mean you suddenly have a winning mentality. It isn't some trait that is either ticked or unticked on fifa.

I can only see us winning today, nice that Giroud rested himself for 90 mins on Saturday so he'd be fresh to get a brace today...

ReputationRep:
    We've been getting linked to jese for months now, really hard to tell if it's a genuine transfer or not. Feels like Benzema 2.0
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    We've been getting linked to jese for months now, really hard to tell if it's a genuine transfer or not. Feels like Benzema 2.0
    It's like us with the likes of Jovetic and Silva, who we were linked with every single window for about two years until they signed for City.

ReputationRep:
    It's like us with the likes of Jovetic and Silva, who we were linked with every single window for about two years until they signed for City.
    It's frustrating because it's a move I could see us doing, especially with Santi getting on and Wilshere showing no signs of improvement injury wise. Plus he is out of favour there. Ah well maybe next window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Funny how people are already judging this guy when they have most likely never seen him play a game live (I won't pretend to have either). If Wenger was signing him for £25mil you'd all be jizzing in your pants because price is all you have to go by atm.

Can't wait for @clockender to bring up the fact he's only 74 on fifa as in depth scouting knowledge as to why he isn't arsenal qualiteeeee (will he take the bait? )

Seriously though give the guy a chance to prove himself before you say it's a bad transfer.
    We haven't seen him because he is garbage. He is not a star to come out of Basel like Shaqiri, Xhaka or even Salah. Nobody else wants to buy this guy he is not a top player I don't want to give him a chance we have given too many chances we need to buy established players.

ReputationRep:
    ^ with that mentality, we will only lose to Bournemouth tonight. We deserve nothing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Troy Deeney playing well and getting another assist leinad2012

ReputationRep:
    Rah if we lose to Bournemouth I might crack. Like, it's not even funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Probably better than ox

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ox is garbage. Need to get rid he is not Arsenal quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Troy Deeney playing well and getting another assist leinad2012
    Soooo, still some way from those 20 goals then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.