Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Imperial. I guess you too?? (From your other comments) Do you need a Grade 2 as well
    (Original post by Chimaera)
    ahh I see! Where you heading to?

ReputationRep:
    could someone give me a subtle hint for III q3 2015?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For some reason I havent seen a nice way of showing that the points satisfying the relation in i lie on a chonchoid. I would guess Im trying work in polar coords but still seems fiddly. Any subtle hint on what to start looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    They haven't ,they have gotten looser I think since last year alot of people were offered step but this year it is much lower compared to lastbyear. Scores of around high 40s in MAT were still given offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got pretty low 30s xP :ashamed:

(Original post by betterthanbarbs)
    Imperial. I guess you too?? (From your other comments) Do you need a Grade 2 as well
    Yep! xD I need a 1 in II and 2 in III :x was hoping for a 2 in last week's paper but I think that ship has sailed. FeelsBadMan

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hauss)
    I'm sensing some repressed beef

let it all out lads
    m8

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    could someone give me a subtle hint for III q3 2015?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For some reason I havent seen a nice way of showing that the points satisfying the relation in i lie on a chonchoid. I would guess Im trying work in polar coords but still seems fiddly. Any subtle hint on what to start looking at?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's the equation of a line in polar coordinates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What's the equation of a line in polar coordinates?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hot damn kill me now. I wrote that down but somehow didnt notice the significance to the given equation, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just realised i messed up q5 on paper 2.

When it said to use to the power of -N, i took 1 over the expression to the power of N and used this to get what they wanted. I assume this automatically drops me to zero marks on part 1? will i also drop to zero marks on part 2 even though they didn't explicitly say to use the same technique as part 1?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I shouldn't completely ignore the fact that C3 is tomorrow, but I'm certainly not going to do any proper revision, so what's the hardest ever C3 question?

ReputationRep:
    I need a 2 in either II or III, but I'm assuming the worst that I won't get a 2... Who knows. Let's try our best in III. Revising for FP3 for next Monday and hopefully can help me with basic ideas in III as well.
    (Original post by Chimaera)
    I got pretty low 30s xP :ashamed:

Yep! xD I need a 1 in II and 2 in III :x was hoping for a 2 in last week's paper but I think that ship has sailed. FeelsBadMan

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betterthanbarbs)
    I need a 2 in either II or III, but I'm assuming the worst that I won't get a 2... Who knows. Let's try our best in III. Revising for FP3 for next Monday and hopefully can help me with basic ideas in III as well.
    Ahh... All the best for next Monday! And to us for III! 💪🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    I feel like I shouldn't completely ignore the fact that C3 is tomorrow, but I'm certainly not going to do any proper revision, so what's the hardest ever C3 question?
    What exam board you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question, but with 2 days to go and all recent past papers done, what should I do now preparation wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop3476)
    Stupid question, but with 2 days to go and all recent past papers done, what should I do now preparation wise?
    LEARN the MARKSCHEMES off BY HearT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop3476)
    smoke a chill pill and be reet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    What exam board you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel
    Just do jun 15/13 they are the hardest papers out there.
    I didnt do any last year other then the morning of the exam in the common room lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didnt do any last year other then the morning of the exam in the common room lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool, 2015 was our mock, I'll see how fast I can do 2013.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, 2015 was our mock, I'll see how fast I can do 2013.
    Any longer than 35 mins and you might as well not show up for the exam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I liked 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gasfxekl)
    I liked 13
    we are talking about c3 not step. but well done for likeing 2013 III, i did aswell.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.