Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Remember that thing about ISIS supporting Brexit and the Leave Campaign saying it was rubbish:

http://www.vocativ.com/333180/europe...s-brexit-vote/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Just watch how more rich foreigners gobble up our land and property because of the cheap Pound Lol
    Oh well! Generation rent, here we come!

Law of unintended consequences :facepalm:
    hahahaha lmao when london becomes predominantly owned by rich sheiks from saudi arabia :rofl:
    Where's you border control now Nigel? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That feeling when you've looked down on the US for an extremely long period of time for it's rigid manner of going about things, then you realise what exactly happens when you leave a detrimental governmental decision to the general public and suddenly you almost want to applaud the US.

It is a sad day....:erm:

ReputationRep:
    Labour MP tells me a motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn "would be passed overwhelmingly"

Leaving the EU, Cameron going and Corbyn going all in one day, a wonderful day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Labour MP tells me a motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn "would be passed overwhelmingly"

Leaving the EU, Cameron going and Corbyn going all in one day, a wonderful day.
    According to the BBC (R4 World at One) the motion of no confidence does not mean he would need to step down but would force hime to rethink his leadership (and would leave him in an uncomfortable position), a letter signed by 50 MPs is required to invoke a motion of no confidence which would be binding in terms of if passed it would force him to step down.

ReputationRep:
    There's still hope...

Just a reminder of popular votes in EU member countries that went the wrong wayenmark 1992 - Maastricht Treaty - Made to vote again
    Ireland 2001 - Nice Treaty - Made to vote again
    France 2005 - EU Constitution - Result ignored
    Holland - 2005 - EU constitution - Result ignored
    Ireland 2008 - Lisbon Treaty - made to vote again
    Greece 2015 - Euro Bailout - Result ignored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That feeling when you've looked down on the US for an extremely long period of time for it's rigid manner of going about things, then you realise what exactly happens when you leave a detrimental governmental decision to the general public and suddenly you almost want to applaud the US.

It is a sad day....:erm:
    We're essentially like the US during the Bush years.

Leavers will like to deny it but literally talk to any European and that's the impression you get.

I think Cameron will have to go down as one of the worst PMs in British history. It's not that he was particularly vindictive in how he governed but that he seemed to make decisions with careless abandon without fully considering the consequences. The letter he wrote to his council leader complaining about cuts to council services really hit home for me how disconnected he is the ramifications of his actions.

In all honesty, offering this referendum was extremely reckless. Such a complex and potentially catastrophic decision should not have been left to the general public. We live in a representative democracy and not a direct democracy for a reason.

The fact that the Leave campaign were literally able to peddle lie after lie, mistruth after mistruth, was setting seriously dangerous precedents for British politics. I think one remain MP called it "Lies on an industrial scale". The moment I knew that we had reached peak insanity was when Gove came out with that line about how the British people were "sick of experts". Anti-intellectualism is one of the greatest inhibitors of human progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looseseal)
    We're essentially like the US during the Bush years.

Leavers will like to deny it but literally talk to any European and that's the impression you get.

I think Cameron will have to go down as one of the worst PMs in British history. It's not that he was particularly vindictive in how he governed but that he seemed to make decisions with careless abandon without fully considering the consequences. The letter he wrote his council leader complaining about cuts to council services really hit home for me how disconnected he is the ramifications of his actions.

In all honesty, offering this referendum was extremely reckless. Such a complex and potentially catastrophic decision should not have been left to the general public. We live in a representative democracy and not a direct democracy for a reason.

The fact that the Leave campaign were literally able to peddle lie after lie, mistruth after mistruth, was setting seriously dangerous precedents for British politics. I think one remain MP called it "Lies on an industrial scale". The moment I knew that we had reached peak insanity was when Gove came out with that line about how the British people were "sick of experts". Anti-intellectualism is one of the greatest inhibitors of human progress.
    There's no way we can rule the Ref null from the lies that were fed?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So it begins:

Morgan Stanley moving 2,000 staff from London to Dublin or Frankfurt

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 13.55.08.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  53.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Good to see the share prices of my former employer plummet with the expected consequences of that to follow.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to stay, but now we need to help working people in a post-EU BritainFrances O'Grady
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...britain-brexit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I wanted to stay, but now we need to help working people in a post-EU BritainFrances O'Grady
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...britain-brexit
    That'll be pretty difficult considering how far Labour are from government. The North voted overwhelmingly to leave despite almost unanimous support for Remain in the PLP and amongst trade unions.

Whenever the next general election occurs (likely before the full details of our EU exit are finalised), UKIP will essentially just press the immigration button and say you can't trust Labour to keep those damn foreigners out. The entire Northern working-class could essentially be unreachable by Labour. I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP absolutely clean up in those strongly Brexit-supporting areas.

The reality is that this country is going to drift rightwards and we'll no longer have the buffer of EU employee rights directives to protect workers. The situation is as bleak as it's possibly ever been. I've always supported Corbyn being Labour leader - that's not to say I haven't been critical of him on occasion - but his message of accepting immigration is poison to Labour's chances in the North.

I don't really see where we go from here in all honesty. Brexit was always going to be disastrous for the left no matter which way you spin it. I've lost a serious amount of faith in this country and I don't know if there's a turn back dial on the far-right populist message we've seen emerge over this EU referendum campaign.

(Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Naveed-7 and Audrey18 I can't believe it's happened guys. Happy Independence Day!!!!!!
    Yes we did it :dancing2:UK will become a great country again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)

How are you so sure about that lol?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Through what course of actions? What do you propose we do to make this a reality?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Through what course of actions? What do you propose we do to make this a reality?
    Vids

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Through meme magic.

ReputationRep:
    Through meme magic.
    Praise Kek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looseseal)
    That'll be pretty difficult considering how far Labour are from government. The North voted overwhelmingly to leave despite almost unanimous support for Remain in the PLP and amongst trade unions.

Whenever the next general election occurs (likely before the full details of our EU exit are finalised), UKIP will essentially just press the immigration button and say you can't trust Labour to keep those damn foreigners out. The entire Northern working-class could essentially be unreachable by Labour. I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP absolutely clean up in those strongly Brexit-supporting areas.

The reality is that this country is going to drift rightwards and we'll no longer have the buffer of EU employee rights directives to protect workers. The situation is as bleak as it's possibly ever been. I've always supported Corbyn being Labour leader - that's not to say I haven't been critical of him on occasion - but his message of accepting immigration is poison to Labour's chances in the North.

I don't really see where we go from here in all honesty. Brexit was always going to be disastrous for the left no matter which way you spin it. I've lost a serious amount of faith in this country and I don't know if there's a turn back dial on the far-right populist message we've seen emerge over this EU referendum campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Vids
    Vids?

Through meme magic.
    Sad thing is, this is the most convincing answer I have had all day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.