TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
lfc4life
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least FPL are consistant.

I thought Berbatov was unfairly given bonus a few weeks back, but with Lampard getting 1 today I think it's just a new bonus point for who can go the whole match without being seen.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
rofl..
Well Adebayor was credited with a goal + bonus points + assist so he got 11 points :eek:
Damn now I wish I had made him captain instead of SWP :p:
Ah well.. i think im on 52 points for the week, which im plenty happy about!
lfc4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They gave Djimi Traore 2 bonus instead of Armand Traore
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by lfc4life)
They gave Djimi Traore 2 bonus instead of Armand Traore
That is worse than Fabregas' automatic bonus each week :s:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bonuses are messed up...
:eek: damn :eek: @ anyone who had Robinho as captain...
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarforaz)
Bonuses are messed up...
:eek: damn :eek: @ anyone who had Robinho as captain...
Anyone who did beat my total gameweek score with one person :s:
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lampard... 1 point bonus. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ugh I'm sliding way down the table this week. I'm on 28 including the -4 for my transfer!!! Oh well. It was nice near the top while it lasted...
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Colesy had Robinho as captain and moves into the lead, putting me into 2nd
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since Cole got a straight red card, I've had to take drastic measures.

Out goes Ronaldo (:s:) and Cole, and in comes Arteta and Adebayor and £0.6m.

The latter combination seems like they can get more points than the former. Ronaldo seems like he won't be reaching the form he was in last season, his operation/failed transfer over the summer seems to be hampering him.

Incidentally, this is the third time I've transferred Arteta into my team. He better do well in his third spell in my team!

I'll also be getting rid of Fabregas very soon if he continues his current form...

Watch out for a HUGE price rise for Turner. I can't believe a Hull player is top of the defenders table...

My team now:
Spoiler:
Show
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Big mistake IMO

I've kept Carlton Cole in, but he is now my 3rd sub as opposed to 11th team member. I had a poor week, mainly due to Chelsea/United failing to win. No drastic changes, I'm valuing my points and not spending them now we're flowing.
Ascient
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why does SWP have an assist to his name?

They've given him one of Sturridge's assists.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not surprising that you, Ronaldo VII thinks that taking Ronaldo out of my team is a mistake!

In the long run I reckon it'll be better. I definitely want to be keeping a 3-4-3 formation since defenders get nowhere near as many points as strikers do, so having a good third striker is important. Adebayor>Cole obviously. Cole was never going to be in my team forever anyway.

In terms of Ronaldo, tbh he has not looked at all like being worth £14.3m. You can get two Zaki's for the price of one Ronaldo! Plus, Arteta has three 'easy' games coming up anyway, whereas Ronaldo has to face Hull and Arsenal soon.

I also have enough money to get a better defender soon too. Maybe Arbeloa or Turner... Hope Arbeloa gets a yellow card in his next match so if I want him in my team, he would have served his one match ban by then! :p:
lfc4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ascient)
Why does SWP have an assist to his name?

They've given him one of Sturridge's assists.
Because the makers are idiots.

I'm owed 2 points for A.Traore, and alot of people around me need 3 points removed for SWP assist.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
last year i emailed pl.com about a similiar situation and they changed it! i cant find their damn email address now on the fantasy page

swp didnt get no assist! unfair because one of the people in my league have him as captain:mad:
Ascient
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
last year i emailed pl.com about a similiar situation and they changed it! i cant find their damn email address now on the fantasy page
It's definitely there because I emailed them last week about a technical issue.

EDIT: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/h...gory=contactus

I wouldn't count on getting a reply though :/
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by geoff_yin)
It's not surprising that you, Ronaldo VII thinks that taking Ronaldo out of my team is a mistake!

In the long run I reckon it'll be better. I definitely want to be keeping a 3-4-3 formation since defenders get nowhere near as many points as strikers do, so having a good third striker is important. Adebayor>Cole obviously. Cole was never going to be in my team forever anyway.

In terms of Ronaldo, tbh he has not looked at all like being worth £14.3m. You can get two Zaki's for the price of one Ronaldo! Plus, Arteta has three 'easy' games coming up anyway, whereas Ronaldo has to face Hull and Arsenal soon.

I also have enough money to get a better defender soon too. Maybe Arbeloa or Turner... Hope Arbeloa gets a yellow card in his next match so if I want him in my team, he would have served his one match ban by then! :p:
Irrelevant. Ronaldo has West Ham and then Hull at home, I think he'll do well in those games. We'll see how it looks after a couple of games :p:
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
cheers mate! just done it.

dont care if they dont reply i just want it changed lol money is involved
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Irrelevant. Ronaldo has West Ham and then Hull at home, I think he'll do well in those games. We'll see how it looks after a couple of games :p:
do you think fergie might rest him? he was thinking about it against celtic wasnt he.

i think it might be either him or berbatov?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by anelka9)
do you think fergie might rest him? he was thinking about it against celtic wasnt he.

i think it might be either him or berbatov?
I'll be surprised if he starts both. I also think Tevez will come in for Berbatov midweek, along with Nani/Anderson/Neville (or Rafael) for Park/Giggs/Brown, just to freshen things up.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads