Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last year odd numbered flats moved into halls on the saturday and even numbered flats on the sunday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Hi, I'm going to be in Britten as well. I'm not moving in until the 25th though.
    I originally thought that all unconditionals would be moving in the same day but it appears we're allocated our move in days based on what blocks we are in i think.

I saw a picture someone put up of a room in Britten yesterday, they look rather good it should be a pretty great place to stay for the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyyouthere)
    I originally thought that all unconditionals would be moving in the same day but it appears we're allocated our move in days based on what blocks we are in i think.

I saw a picture someone put up of a room in Britten yesterday, they look rather good it should be a pretty great place to stay for the year.
    Yeah- the rooms look a decent size and its nice and knew. Just hope I get nice flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- the rooms look a decent size and its nice and knew. Just hope I get nice flatmates.
    Yeah i'm hoping that i'll get a decent mix of people. From what i've heard most flats end up mixing with other flats most of the time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My second choice was ensuite campus, didn't really mind which of the 'Big Three' I got put into to be honest as long as I was on/close to campus, just heard the terraces have an amazing atmosphere+ £20 a week cheaper! What is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenvictoria)
    My second choice was ensuite campus, didn't really mind which of the 'Big Three' I got put into to be honest as long as I was on/close to campus, just heard the terraces have an amazing atmosphere+ £20 a week cheaper! What is your first choice?
    Was this directed at me? You can use the 'quote' button underneath a post to reply directly to someone. I got my first choice- campus ensuite- I really wanted to be on campus and have my own bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry, it was directed at Kerry-Louise123, as might guess I'm quite new around here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenvictoria)
    oooh right My first is ensuite campus

ReputationRep:
    Are bikes covered in the contents insurance for your room? I don't know whether to bring mine or not. :/

ReputationRep:
    apologies if ive asked before, but what are you going to be studying?
    will be studying geophysics! what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatedonald)
    will be studying geophysics! what about yourself?
    ah wow, geophysics, thats different! i'll be doing international relations

ReputationRep:
    I am an unconditional holder offer studying medicine but i haven't got any offers of accommodation yet, I'm on holiday at the moment won't be back until three weeks later should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    Are bikes covered in the contents insurance for your room? I don't know whether to bring mine or not. :/
    No, not in the standard insurance but you can increase what we offer if you contact endsligh after you arrive. You won't be able to keep your bike in your room but there are lockable bike sheds around the campus.

(Original post by hazu121)
    I am an unconditional holder offer studying medicine but i haven't got any offers of accommodation yet, I'm on holiday at the moment won't be back until three weeks later should I be worried?
    You should recieve an offer before then. You will have to keep checking your emails I'm afraid. Not sure when the Med type course (Med, Nursing etc) allocations will be done. Don't worry though, you guys have spaces set aside for you in the buildings where we can put you up (because there are only certain buildings we can use due to your course length) so even if it's not this week you will have the same chances as any other student in getting your higher choices of rooms.

ReputationRep:
    Goddamn at the high number of unconditionals, Wish I was that lucky ha.

I put Britten house etc as my top choice so I hope I get good results this Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry-Louise123)
    Hey , you aren't butting in! Yeah I am an unconditional, don't worry I'm getting impatient too :P I am sure it is going to be soon also, but I just want to know haha!
    Just want a designated day that I know to expect the offer, have been constantly refreshing my inbox and junk mail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riley26)
    Just want a designated day that I know to expect the offer, have been constantly refreshing my inbox and junk mail!
    You don't need to do that until I post on here saying that we've sent some offers out. Please don't worry, there is the chance that we may not send anything out until Thursday or Friday even though we are doing allocations all week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    To add on to what UEAAccommodation said, I would say security isn't much of a worry in first year as the lockable bike sheds are pretty safe and there's plenty of CCTV around the blocks. But whether it's worth it in first year is more of a question; most first years tend to live in a little campus bubble and don't go away from it much, though it could be handy for when you're feeling lazy and want to nip to tesco or if you make friends in older years/off campus.

More useful in second year to save money on bus fares, though then it's more likely to get nicked (though Norwich is pretty safe crime wise compared to most places).

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Just got my room offer- Nelson Court thank you so much Moving in on the 25th

ReputationRep:
    Another small batch of offers has gone out this afternoon. This is most of the rest of the unconditional students that are not on "health" courses. These will go out towards the end of the week, the guy that does them is currently ploughing through you all but it's going to take some time yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry-Louise123)
    Just got my room offer- Nelson Court thank you so much Moving in on the 25th
    You got there before I did! I didn't realise myself that the big red email button had been pressed until I was just in with my boss a minute ago.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.