Report 7 years ago
Alright cheers man, trying to fit a holiday in the week before i go you see
hwint93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chloeee!)
I thought they went quite wellbut I don't wanna jinx it! Im trying not to get too excited until after results day haha. How did yours go? And where are you from? x
Yeah same... my exams were quite mixed tbh, some very good, some pretty vile. So we'll have to see. And i'm from derby you? x
pepperkake92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HappyMeal)
i've got an unconditional for dentistry because i'm a graduate.
i hope your exams did go well and you start leeds in september
lol! i don't think i could handle 5 months of snow, i'm bursting for some sun!
aww don't cry i'm sure you tried your best, so you will get in!!
and soon we will be moving into our accommodations :woohoo:
I just have to wait one more week now, before I know if I get in or not!
The weather were I live is for a change quite warm The only problem is that the ac at work is broken xD Not so nice working two part time jobs when the weather is this nice, but hey, money makes the world go round (+ it pays for all my shoes xD)
You are so lucky you have an unconditional offer! Where are you from btw? And how old are you, since you already have graduated? I turned 19 this year Hoping to see you in september!
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by desertt)
hii!
could anyone please tell me what they mean by shared houses in the list for when you apply pleaseee
Rather than a big hall of residence, we've got some houses either on the campus or up by James Baillie/Dev. They house between 7 and 22 people each - most of them are around the 15-ish mark. Pretty much everyone who ends up in one really likes it.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Soph.)
I know but I want to be close to campus tannery is about a mile away isn't it? Where did you get the info from? I looked for it everywhere
i think It's 0.25 or 0.33, can't remember which but definitely not a mile, also you can request special accommodations like for tall people but i don't know how it works since your bf's not the Tennant
(Original post by dni2011)
im a postgrad in the civil engineering department.
can u tell me which is better charles morris or leodis??
and also from leodis are there buses to and from the campus?
any of the two is there, Leodis might be slightly further but even then it's 5,6mins walk to civil engineering. It's down to whether you want catered or self catered i guess
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pepperkake92)
I just have to wait one more week now, before I know if I get in or not!
The weather were I live is for a change quite warm The only problem is that the ac at work is broken xD Not so nice working two part time jobs when the weather is this nice, but hey, money makes the world go round (+ it pays for all my shoes xD)
You are so lucky you have an unconditional offer! Where are you from btw? And how old are you, since you already have graduated? I turned 19 this year Hoping to see you in september!
I turn 19 this year as well, before uni
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's everything done for me. Applied for James Baillie Park, even though I know it's totally oversubscribed. You have to try!
Preetinder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
That's everything done for me. Applied for James Baillie Park, even though I know it's totally oversubscribed. You have to try!
Why is it oversubscribed-as in, why do alot of people seem to prefer James Bailey over other places?

I can't decide between Devonshire (good facilities but not on campus), Henry Price (on campus but not the best reputation..correct me if I'm wrong), Leodis, and Charles Morris (indoor walk to my dept. but it's not self-catered)..every 2 minutes I keep changing my mind but the deadline is in 2 days D:
Help?
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Preetinder)
Why is it oversubscribed-as in, why do alot of people seem to prefer James Bailey over other places?

I can't decide between Devonshire (good facilities but not on campus), Henry Price (on campus but not the best reputation..correct me if I'm wrong), Leodis, and Charles Morris (indoor walk to my dept. but it's not self-catered)..every 2 minutes I keep changing my mind but the deadline is in 2 days D:
Help?
Have a look at this, does it help at all?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Accommodation

I think James Baillie is oversubscribed because it's just generally nice, reasonably cheap ensuites, decent location, common room... etc.
Preetinder
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
Have a look at this, does it help at all?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Accommodation

I think James Baillie is oversubscribed because it's just generally nice, reasonably cheap ensuites, decent location, common room... etc.
Thank you-I did look at that and it was pretty helpful to narrow the list down, but some of the accommodation that's newer (Storm Jameson) doesn't seem to be there, and it seems to be opinions of just a few people, rather than that of some people from each accommodation put together

I think I'm gonna have to resort to closing my eyes and randomly picking an accommodation now :P I guess there's too much choice
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you-I did look at that and it was pretty helpful to narrow the list down, but some of the accommodation that's newer (Storm Jameson) doesn't seem to be there, and it seems to be opinions of just a few people, rather than that of some people from each accommodation put together

I think I'm gonna have to resort to closing my eyes and randomly picking an accommodation now :P I guess there's too much choice
True, it seemed a good general guide though.

Well I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you end up - if you're not happy you can always apply to change Guess you just need to consider location, price, ensuite, catered or not, etc, and weigh all the factors and see which is best for your needs.
Preetinder
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
True, it seemed a good general guide though.

Well I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you end up - if you're not happy you can always apply to change Guess you just need to consider location, price, ensuite, catered or not, etc, and weigh all the factors and see which is best for your needs.
Thankyou, think I'm gonna pick James Bailley purely because it's oversubscribed-so it's in the hands of the Accommodation people to find a good alternative for me instead haha
I just hope I get the grades on results day now.
Thanks for your help! ^^
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thankyou, think I'm gonna pick James Bailley purely because it's oversubscribed-so it's in the hands of the Accommodation people to find a good alternative for me instead haha
I just hope I get the grades on results day now.
Thanks for your help! ^^
Haha, that's certainly one way of doing it Good luck for results day! It'll be interesting... and maybe sad... to see this thread on results day to see who's got in.
iliya
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone going in Montague Burton ?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iliya)
Anyone going in Montague Burton ?
I'm living there next year, already got my accom contract sorted.
PINCHJOY
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey there

I have a conditional offer from leeds to study an ADULT NURSING DEGREE

Im a lively kinda girl who likes a good social life. Can anyone give me any advice on which accomodation is most appropriate for an AMAZING social and night life please ????

PINCHJOY
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snurse)
I'm doing adult nursing and applied for lupton! so hard to concentrate on my exams because I'm just so excited about moving out. Leeds is 5 hours away from home so I'm hoping it'll be as good as I expect, anyone else moving so far?

Im doing adult nursing too :O and i was thinking about going lupton for accomodation ... wow small world. i dunno where to apply though i dont know which accomodation is the best for a rowdy active social life aahaa xxx
chloeee!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lupton...964154?sk=info

For anyone whose applied to Lupton!
Eddieee
Report 7 years ago
eeeek the deadline is so soon and i still can't decide between lupton and montague burton!!!
I'm sure they're both great and i like how close monty is to uni and how close lupton is to headingly!
any advice?
PINCHJOY
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ive just applied for lupton residence hopefully my application will get accepted. anyone else opted for lupton ?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads