Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
*gasps* How can you say that? It was a fantastic scene! How many supervillains become everyone on the planet? What about this?

That's a better scene.

Master becoming everyone was a bit crap.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
So is the Dream Lord? :awesome:

I don't really like the mad or insane aspect of the Master. That's not really how he is. It's just RTD's take. I don't expect Moffat would continue that. He would have his own take on the character.

The Master and The Doctor would be awesome. There are times when you wanted it to happen, especially when the 10th Doctor told him that they could be brilliant and could observe the universe together. He seemed tempted for a second.

You picked the worst scene in the history of Doctor Who.
No, come on. Worst scene in Doctor Who had to be the finale of series 4. That was atrocious to an extreme, don't deny it. And madness is always brilliant. The Dream Lord is a good character though...just not as good as the Master. I'm sure Moffat's take on him would be good too. I want there to be a Master/Doctor team, they would be brilliant. I don't think we really needed the Dream Lord, the Doctor does fine at showing us the bad side of his character all on his own.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
That's a better scene.

Master becoming everyone was a bit crap.
I thought it was funny. Then again, I'm always on the bad guys side. Well, usually.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was funny. Then again, I'm always on the bad guys side. Well, usually.
I like a good bad guy.

I just think the whole shakey head thing ruined it entirely.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:teehee:

All of the Dream Lord dialogue was brilliant. He was great in portraying of all that is 'bad' in the Doctor and parodying him whilst being sarcastic and humorous.
Glad someone agrees. The wardrobe team did give the game away a bit too much with the striped shirt, and the tweed jacket and the bow-tie though.
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hm, suppose. The retarded regeneration and clone Doctor/Doctor Donna and remote control Daleks was :facepalm2:

They're different in their own ways. The Dream Lord essentially is the Doctor, retains his knowledge and wisdom. The Master is what makes the Doctor who he is and sits on the opposite end of the spectrum. They're both characters who allow or half-want the Doctor to defeat them tbh.

He shows it sometimes, but not to the extent the Dream Lord would. Or even the Valeyard. That would be the Doctor actively pursuing the 'dark side' and he would essentially be unstoppable.

Episode 7 is said to show the 'dark' side of the Doctor more. :teeth:
What's the Valeyard?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Imagine an older incarnation of the Dream Lord, given physical form and allowed to roam around without being confined to dreams, like the Master would. And you have the Valeyard.
Thanks. Is that from the old series then?
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Dark Side of the Doctor. Better than the end of the Waters of Mars?

We shall see :awesome:
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*gasps* How can you say that? It was a fantastic scene! How many supervillains become everyone on the planet? What about this?

Great. Now I have that song in my head just as I'm about to go to bed. Thanks :mad:

Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
uuuuumm.... guys... how do i put the orange spoiler tag on? i fail at internetting
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
uuuuumm.... guys... how do i put the orange spoiler tag on? i fail at internetting
Like this: [spoiler]Insert text here[/spoiler]
jjmo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Totally not Doctor Who related: Sherlock Holmes had its first read through today. It would be great if they showed it during the Doctor Who mid-series break. :teeth:
Sherlock returns in August so that would be during the mid-season break and not to mention we have Torchwood: Miracle Day ten part season in July so its Doctor Who April/ May- Torchwood - June / July - Sherlock - August, Doctor Who - Autumn
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmo)
Sherlock returns in August so that would be during the mid-season break and not to mention we have Torchwood: Miracle Day ten part season in July so its Doctor Who April/ May- Torchwood - June / July - Sherlock - August, Doctor Who - Autumn
:coma: I think I just jizzed :dice:
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmo)
That is brilliant scheduling. Anyone know how long the next series of Sherlock is?
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where did you hear about Sherlock? It's not going to be ready for August if they're only doing read-throughs now. Last I heard it was scheduled for late 2011.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They've started filming, I'm sure. Gatiss posted pictures on Twitter a while back. They have to do it quickly because Freeman is becoming Bilbo Baggins pretty soon.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
3 (90 minute) episodes.

wish there were more than 3. though the 90 minute time frame is so good. :ahee:
jjmo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would much rather 3 90 minutes episodes that all have high production value and amazing word perfect scripts comparable to the best films than 13 45minute hit-and-miss episodes.

(Not slating Doctor Who just think of episodes such as Love and Monsters, The Lodger, last's weeks pirate one I can't think of, etc.)
jjmo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked the Lodger and the Doctor's attempt at living like a human. :awesome:
Defiantly thought it was the worst episode last season, which to be fair doesn't really slate the episode due to the quality of the season and James Cordon was rather funny in it.

I'm re-watching the episodes of LoveFilm so I'll see what my opinion is this time around.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hm, suppose. The retarded regeneration and clone Doctor/Doctor Donna and remote control Daleks was :facepalm2:

They're different in their own ways. The Dream Lord essentially is the Doctor, retains his knowledge and wisdom. The Master is what makes the Doctor who he is and sits on the opposite end of the spectrum. They're both characters who allow or half-want the Doctor to defeat them tbh.

He shows it sometimes, but not to the extent the Dream Lord would. Or even the Valeyard. That would be the Doctor actively pursuing the 'dark side' and he would essentially be unstoppable.

Episode 7 is said to show the 'dark' side of the Doctor more. :teeth:
I can't wait for it! Let's see...*counts weeks until episode 7* Yes! Episode 7 after my last exam, this is going to be spectacular. Yes, I see your point about the Dream Lord, must watch some episodes with the Valeyard....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise