Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Despic)
    hi anyone heading for the warwick hefp, can just pm me to stay in contact.
    lol what is warwick hefp??

ReputationRep:
    got into final year in university of plymouth - going over to uk next month! yeppppie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    hahah melson. too busy to write on TSR, cause we are doing visa applicationsssss.
    I still haven't received a single thing regarding visa :confused: Am I the only one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summersolitude)
    I still haven't received a single thing regarding visa :confused: Am I the only one?
    no worries i've not done a single thing. my CAS was sent to me with an "upgrade" of my A level results lol.. need to wait again zzz

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm new here
    anyway, i was just wondering for econs which universities would you go to over NUS econs besides oxbridge, lse, ucl, warwick for the job prospects? i'm interested in consulting or some finance job that puts me on a path towards a good mba program. or is it better to just save money and go to NUS if i don't get into the above schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthebeach)
    hey i'm new here
    anyway, i was just wondering for econs which universities would you go to over NUS econs besides oxbridge, lse, ucl, warwick for the job prospects? i'm interested in consulting or some finance job that puts me on a path towards a good mba program. or is it better to just save money and go to NUS if i don't get into the above schools?

If you study econs at NUS, won't you be studying at FASS?

cannot fathom anyone choosing FASS over MOST schools in the uk for Econs. (or any other arts-related/social science subject)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summersolitude)
    it depends on schools i think. a couple of my friends going to UCL have already gotten their visa this week, since they submitted their visa applications like two weeks back.

I just submitted mine on tuesday and well this week, got friends from notts, oxbridge and ucl applying. so depends on your school and department! some departments might be faster at giving out CAS than others, even if its the same college.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'll be going Coventry University this September. Anyone going there as well? Anyone yet to apply their visa? I'll be applying mine next Thursday, hopefully everything will be smooth sailing.

Song Wei

ReputationRep:
    Quick question - because I am lazy to google.

I'm supposed to be at the British Council event tomorrow. What time is it, and where?

ReputationRep:
    12pm @ Suntec (theater & Gallery, Level 3)

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I must say the event was quite not up to expectation. aAnd the visa speaker was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Didn't really enter the auditorium as it was rather crowded. Was just at the booths talking to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    I must say the event was quite not up to expectation. aAnd the visa speaker was horrible.
    VERY terrible. Think he copy and pasted everything that was online onto his slides

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It was pretty disappointing. But ahwell. Did you guys sign up with the overseas singaporean unit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narev)
    Hmm. Didn't really enter the auditorium as it was rather crowded. Was just at the booths talking to people.
    I went to the warwick booth, and i can only say, the people at the booth are er.. very singaporean. haha! think the ukslss booth is one of the few booths that are manned by sincere and helpful people. the lse one is, unfortunately, busy promoting themselves at the expense of ucl, and the people there seem to be full of themselves. the cambridge presenter is pretty frank and balanced in his presentation. shall not go into further details. :p:

ReputationRep:
    that's interesting..I found the inconversation event a bit elitist if you're getting a place based on your resume..

ReputationRep:
    it appears that you're either going to warwick, ucl, or lse though, as these three universities are mentioned in your post?

ReputationRep:
    Which airlines r u guys flying on, to the UK?
    STA Travels delivered a good talk at Suntec the other day.
    but their website travel functions appears faulty.
    Darn!

ReputationRep:
    Emirates. GBP 414.80 for two ways. Decent inflight entertainment, latest movies, etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.