Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I just realised, the last time River saw the Doctor (before 10) was when he was older. We get another emotional farewell, I hope that's not the xmas special.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely looking forward to the brooding Doctor that Peter Capaldi will probably bring. Eleven had his moments of darkness but they were very rare; I expect Twelve to be more menacing by nature.

This could potentially be Twelve and he looks pretty badass in this one pic alone.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Capaldi. He's perfect.Glorious actor, glorious man. Sheer perfection. Roll on 12 :love:

It's too bad he won't be able to level his signature tirade of abuse.I would of loved a raj swear-y doctor but, yaknow, kids are a thing :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see what his outfit looks like, in fact I want to see a design right now! Personally, I think he should roll with a dark, mysterious look, I love a good dark-side to the Doctor).

(Original post by Mr.Messy)
    I'm definitely looking forward to the brooding Doctor that Peter Capaldi will probably bring. Eleven had his moments of darkness but they were very rare; I expect Twelve to be more menacing by nature.

This could potentially be Twelve and he looks pretty badass in this one pic alone.
    I love it. Dammit I want to see his real outfit right now. I'd love 12 to be quite a broody, menacing, dark Doctor :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I'm sceptical, I really am. I was sceptical when I heard Peter Capaldi's name for the first time, because of his age mostly, and after seeing his pretty dull interview, I'm even more so. There's such a huge difference between him and Matt Smith and whilst difference is good, the 12th has to have some personality and Peter Capaldi seems to have none. He has a lot to live up to.

But I was dubious about Matt Smith when he was cast, so I'll give this guy a chance. I just hope 2014 isn't when I finally give up on Doctor Who.

That guy who was giving the interview with Bernard Cribbins (I forget his name), said Peter Ecclestone. I bet he knew - who else would he get mixed up with?!
    Rufus Hound (the guy with Cribbins) has written a blog about how ashamed he is as a fan after last night's shambles:
    http://rufushound.wordpress.com/2013...f-in-the-head/
    He explains that he's close to Christopher Eccleston's cousin, who is Peter Eccleston..

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It cannot be linked, but there is a pretty awesome youtube video putting Malcolm Tucker into a Doctor Who trailer :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    It cannot be linked, but there is a pretty awesome youtube video putting Malcolm Tucker into a Doctor Who trailer :mmm:
    Love it, the dialogue and footage are perfect. :rofl2:

Permission to air Doctor Who past the watershed so we can see this fo real every week? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Wait, he wasn't even revealed in an episode? Kinda weird and anti-climactic.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why some people are a bit dubious about Peter being the Doctor because of his age - he's only in his 50s. Besides, he has a hot head teacher look going on - maybe this is a move into the Doctor become the darker Doctor which he has been hinted to become.

ReputationRep:
    Great choice. Will revitalise the series and make it more about sci fi and frights than run-of-the-mill drama and fangirls. Good to see the BBC making some tough but sensible choices!

ReputationRep:
    Might actually start watching again.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Matt Smith, but with him it is very hard to take the show seriously, and I think Capaldi will fix that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Legend :lol: Anyone up for a Thick of It Marathon?
    Omg that show is joke! My favourite Capaldi bit " i'm going to perform a live autopsy and make cuff links out of your kidneys" haahaha lol

ReputationRep:
    Steven Moffat will also be leaving when Matt Smith does, right? Otherwise he may ruin another incarnation of the Doctor...

(Original post by Crazy Redd)
    Steven Moffat will also be leaving when Matt Smith does, right? Otherwise he may ruin another incarnation of the Doctor...
    Unfortunately not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Redd)
    Moffat has said he will be back for series 8. Also he also said he is past the halfway mark of his reign. I think he might do one or two more series. He will probably leave when Clara does.

I agree with you in the fact that I am not a massive fan of his take on the doctor, but he has pulled off some decent episodes. I'm hoping he uses the christmas special to tie up all his plot holes with eleven. Hopefully he can pull of an intro of eleventh hour standards for 12 then spend that series building up 12 then leaving.

ReputationRep:
    Just in case this hasn't been posted yet

It's... So perfect.

(Original post by pseudonymegg)
    Omg that show is joke! My favourite Capaldi bit " i'm going to perform a live autopsy and make cuff links out of your kidneys" haahaha lol

XD I just really love all the eye acting he does, the man can glare with the best of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Um. That may be true for some people but it's certainly not true across the board. There are loads of Scottish accents on TV and plenty of us (myself include) find the Scottish accent pleasant to listen to.
    Not as many as there should be though, and its true in general but goes back generations.

People feel more comfortable hearing an English accent, not just on tv though as I worked in a SCOTTISH call centre and they tried hiring the ones that sounded more English

It is understandable though as people have comfort zones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Just in case this hasn't been posted yet

It's... So perfect.

XD I just really love all the eye acting he does, the man can glare with the best of them.
    Lol, that picture is superb.

One of my top Malcolm Tucker moments: "Don't you ever, ever call me a bully! I am so much worse than that."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.