Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanisha97)
    My school only lets year 10's get there results at 11 whereas the year above get them at 10 ! and I'm planning on opening them there and if I don't do well then I can always let the teachers know that I want to resit. And after we get my results, I am going to have a picnic with my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you want a specific person to read your post make sure you quote their last post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    if you want a specific person to read your post make sure you quote their last post
    Sorry I'm new here and i couldn't find the question posted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone here doing Applied Art or AQA Business Studies next year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous because some people in my year are destined to get all A*s and I know I will get compared to them which is totally humiliating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    I'm really nervous because some people in my year are destined to get all A*s and I know I will get compared to them which is totally humiliating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But being one of the more highly achieving students isn't easy either... Everybody expects that we'll just automatically do really really well, putting sooooo much pressure on us! What if I don't do as well as my friends and teachers think I will?! Aaaaaarghh so stressful.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Techstar100)
    Well, how are they your friends then? Surely you should open your eyes to see what's going on.
    They are my friends, but they're all really competitive academically if you know what I mean? They're always there for me but if they get a better grade than someone then they won't hesitate to flaunt it, sadly pretty much everyone in my school is like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanisha97)
    Sorry I'm new here and i couldn't find the question posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's okay it was only a tip to make sure the other person sees it

ReputationRep:
    My school didn't tell us that it was our official GCSE maths exam so I didn't revise thinking it was another mock (we so so many of them and I couldn't care less about maths because as long as I get my B I'm good) and a few weeks later I'd found out it was the real thing so I'm not expecting anything great haha, as for German and food technology, I got an A in my coursework for food so hopefully I might end up with an A/B and in German I'm probably getting an A/B too so all in all I think that's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarpeFilia)
    My school didn't tell us that it was our official GCSE maths exam so I didn't revise thinking it was another mock (we so so many of them and I couldn't care less about maths because as long as I get my B I'm good) and a few weeks later I'd found out it was the real thing so I'm not expecting anything great haha, as for German and food technology, I got an A in my coursework for food so hopefully I might end up with an A/B and in German I'm probably getting an A/B too so all in all I think that's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've heard some schools do that to try and help 'remove the pressure' off the students :/

ReputationRep:
    I've heard some schools do that to try and help 'remove the pressure' off the students :/
    "Remove the pressure" by making us fail haha:') schools;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Techstar100)
    He is bragging, he's a show off and an attention seeker. Bragging is a bad trait, don't think you can get into a certain job/university with just results, you will be interviewed meaning they probably won't have you if you carry on like that!
    Exactly, there is no place for it! (as well as on this thread!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarpeFilia)
    "Remove the pressure" by making us fail haha:') schools;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    iknow right! I don't believe in it, I don't think its entirely fair or fair on the students......... but all school care about are league tables :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Hey, it looks you're confident that you're going to do well and there is nothing wrong with that. However, it comes across as bragging... which is a little insensitive to those not so confident (not hating by any means but stating what I think)
    Also, I hope this doesn't sound *****y, but OCR Nationals are not equalivent to GCSE A*or A
    that's just dalek in general .... you seen his Gems?? :lol:

and aren't they really? I mean I know they shouldn't be, kinda like BTEC dance or BTEC music shouldn't be equivalent to GCSE Music.. but yet they are :fuhrer: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    Is anyone here, thinking of taking Economics at Uni? if so what subjects are you picking for A-level and what uni's are you looking at? I'm doing Economics, History, Maths and Politics
    I'm thinking of doing it and next year I'll be taking economics, maths, further maths, mandarin and English lit. I quite like warwick, LSE and Cambridge but obviously they're some of the most competitive universities for economics so my other 2 choices will be some less difficult universities to get into aha

ReputationRep:
    iknow right! I don't believe in it, I don't think its entirely fair or fair on the students......... but all school care about are league tables :rolleyes:
    I'm new to TSR but I would just like to say I know where your coming from!! Our school kept telling us that they needed to get more than 80% A* - C. That's all they care about!!

ReputationRep:
    that's just dalek in general .... you seen his Gems?? :lol:

and aren't they really? I mean I know they shouldn't be, kinda like BTEC dance or BTEC music shouldn't be equivalent to GCSE Music.. but yet they are :fuhrer: :rolleyes:
    THE DALEK REFERENCE:clap2:

Nope! They're recognized as a fit substitute , however are not equalivent. A UCL rep came to our school and he said that when stating your GCSEs on your application you indicate a distinction through 'D' and a distinction* through a 'D*'

Odd eh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade)
    I'm new to TSR but I would just like to say I know where your coming from!! Our school kept telling us that they needed to get more than 80% A* - C. That's all they care about!!
    I know that all my school cares about -.- at the end of the year they made everybody who had like 3 or 4 GCSEs A*-C ( and they were quite a few!) they took thme out of their science lessons to do this crappy like skills BTEC or something that was at like year 5 level...just to get them an extra 2 Cs ..... 2 Cs !!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

Nope! They're recognized as a fit substitute , however are not equalivent. A UCL rep came to our school and he said that when stating your GCSEs on your application you indicate a distinction through 'D' and a distinction* through a 'D*'

Odd eh!
    oh he is very proud of those gems :lol: also you'll notice he often seems to talk like this

afgaGAsdfrgdkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakjgbFVLIwgbev vlGLEFighwefl vgqwIWLFawsGSILFAg figuilesl\fge iuge feli\k.;eaiuegdfksag flowis hello OWIEEFG LA\SIG A\SLEFG \AWI F;AEOGHF ;OEGHEF ;\GB \;DSFHG ASFHG\ ODES\GFASFHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhho;sd g;osdghdf jh fhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhdkjs;haowsieghe; \s;ogih s;soih fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

NO CLEAR SEPARATION! --- Makes it so 'unwantable' to read

oh I never knew I but my BTEC's down as A*s still but perhaps I should now change my IT :lol:

ReputationRep:
    How'd everyone find Edexcel French?

ReputationRep:

Odd eh!
    That D doesn't mean it's equivalent to a D at GCSE though, it's just to indicate a distinction. *Generally speaking*, a distinction is *very roughly* comparable to an A at gcse, a merit is like a B and a pass is like a C. In some BTEC qualifications it's possible to get a 'distinction star' which is equivalent to an A*...

But do note that as they're separate qualifications they really can't be compared accurately

ReputationRep:
    I know that all my school cares about -.- at the end of the year they made everybody who had like 3 or 4 GCSEs A*-C ( and they were quite a few!) they took thme out of their science lessons to do this crappy like skills BTEC or something that was at like year 5 level...just to get them an extra 2 Cs ..... 2 Cs !!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

oh he is very proud of those gems :lol: also you'll notice he often seems to talk like this

afgaGAsdfrgdkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakjgbFVLIwgbev vlGLEFighwefl vgqwIWLFawsGSILFAg figuilesl\fge iuge feli\k.;eaiuegdfksag flowis hello OWIEEFG LA\SIG A\SLEFG \AWI F;AEOGHF ;OEGHEF ;\GB \;DSFHG ASFHG\ ODES\GFASFHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhho;sd g;osdghdf jh fhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhdkjs;haowsieghe; \s;ogih s;soih fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

NO CLEAR SEPARATION! --- Makes it so 'unwantable' to read

oh I never knew I but my BTEC's down as A*s still but perhaps I should now change my IT :lol:
    in fairness the massive paragraph thing could just be because of the site itself. My enter button hasn't been working on here for yonks hence how there are no spaces in this other than that though he is unbelievably cocky:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.