Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    We still have the players who will have that winning mentality. How do you see Arsenal overtaking United? Who do you see coming in? Obviously none of us knows whats going to happen but don't understand how you came to your conclusion.

And really i get neg rep cause i'm giving my opinion? :rolleyes:
    tbh I don't think the players will keep that mentality with SAF gone. I think we will improve more than united will having been linked with some good players. Jovetic especially.

BTW I wasn't the one who negged you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the game tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveTEC)
    Roberto Mancini , Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafael Benítez are gone. If Wenger doesnt get top 4 this season its probably time for him to leave also......
    Ferguson retired; Benitez was always going to be going anyway despite of what he achieved this season; only Mancini you can say failed and even then it's inly a failure because it's City. I don't think it's right or fair to say Wenger should leave on the basis of what's happening at other clubs. It must always be whether he's the man for Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really want to, trying to find a couple of face value tickets

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup are you ? Already bricking it just praying we don't **** it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I really want to, trying to find a couple of face value tickets
    Try Twitter mate, a lot of them are selling.

(Original post by alexsong)
    Yup are you ? Already bricking it just praying we don't **** it up
    Yep! I'm gonna be on the east stand, turnstile area H. What about you? If you wanna link up, drop me a PM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yep! I'm gonna be on the east stand, turnstile area H. What about you? If you wanna link up, drop me a PM!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sit in block 10 north bank lower mate and no offence but I will stick to my normal pre match routine, superstitions and that but cheers anyway have a good one

ReputationRep:
    Do you know any other profiles other than this one https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets I'm constantly checking it but there's no activity

ReputationRep:
    I sit in block 10 north bank lower mate and no offence but I will stick to my normal pre match routine, superstitions and that but cheers anyway have a good one
    No offence taken dude. However, I will be offended if we don't win. I will neg your post! Lol

Do you know any other profiles other than this one https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets I'm constantly checking it but there's no activity
    That's the only one I know tbh. Keep checking, something may pop up - especially on match day. I will check for you too.

But worst case scenario, you could ask around before the match, I've done that a couple of times, works a treat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried just using the search bar ? Also check the arsenal_tickets accounts mentions in case someone has tweeted them about spares and not been retweeted yet

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal 0-1 Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried just using the search bar ? Also check the arsenal_tickets accounts mentions in case someone has tweeted them about spares and not been retweeted yet
    Yep, that's how I got my tickets. Had to go on the desktop to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFASPUHRPCF)
    Arsenal 0-1 Wigan.
    Why was that your first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why was that your first post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saw this and wanted to let everyone know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    We still have the players who will have that winning mentality. How do you see Arsenal overtaking United? Who do you see coming in? Obviously none of us knows whats going to happen but don't understand how you came to your conclusion.

And really i get neg rep cause i'm giving my opinion? :rolleyes:
    Generally when a new manager comes in 1 of 2 things happen, the team does better or they do worse until the new manager is sacked or settles into the job. To think anyone can do better than Fergie is insane because there is nobody who can do better than Fergie which leaves the other option. If we finish 4th this season then you can be damn sure we'll be a hell of a lot closer to you next year.

ReputationRep:
    no but seriously, I have a good relationship with Podolski and Mertesacker and it would have been quite nice coming to the emirates - I class myself as a classic Wenger signing and spoke to him briefly before Dortmund faced Arsenal a while ago. He gave me his telephone number after the game but I lost the paper I wrote it on, unfortunately.

The only difference is that I'm already world class and Wenger does not need to "turn me into a star" because I already am one

I also feel that I am much better than Fabregas ever was or will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Götze)
    no but seriously, I have a good relationship with Podolski and Mertesacker and it would have been quite nice coming to the emirates - I class myself as a classic Wenger signing and spoke to him briefly before Dortmund faced Arsenal a while ago. He gave me his telephone number after the game but I lost the paper I wrote it on, unfortunately.

The only difference is that I'm already world class and Wenger does not need to "turn me into a star" because I already am one

I also feel that I am much better than Fabregas ever was or will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lol Mancini got sacked even though I think it's harsh. But for the funds he had access to he didn't do that amazing, some of his tactics were questionable what kind of guy play 352 when his teams best tactic is 4321 with Aguero as the main striker. Then his signings , he signs people like Rodwell and Sinclair (still don't know what was going through Mancini's head). Tbh if Wenger had access to funds like that we'd do soo amazing.
    Rodwell has been great when he's played, and was probably seen as a long term barry replacement. Sinclair he probably thought that he'd do a similar job to johnson(which was a class signing in his own right)

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I think that the teams that willl be in top 4 next season will be:

1st Chelsea

2nd Arsenal

3rd Man united

4th Spurs

I dont know why but i have a feeling that man city will drop out
    I can see chelsea, but if you think arsenal are coming anywhere above 3rd place you've been smoking something good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Rodwell has been great when he's played, and was probably seen as a long term barry replacement. Sinclair he probably thought that he'd do a similar job to johnson(which was a class signing in his own right)

I can see chelsea, but if you think arsenal are coming anywhere above 3rd place you've been smoking something good.
    Whenever Wenger has had time to rebuild his teams without players leaving he's generally produced a title bid. After Henry left he got us to within 4 points of a title shortly afterwards, and that team came from nowhere really and surprised everyone. When he gutted Toure/Adebayore/Gallas/Hleb, he got probably the best team in the league together the next year and could easily have won the league. So wouldnt underestimate how much Wenger is capable of improving seemingly average sides given peace. I dont think well win the League in 2014, but if Wenger actually spent some of the money as well then we wouldnt be far away at all.

City/Utd/Chelsea are much much more unpredictable than Arsenal looking forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

I don't believe this post. We keep banging on about not winning trophies but we can't even place ourselves above 3rd before the season has started or even the transfer window has opened! If we as fans don't have belief in the team then don't expect the players to go out and believe in themselves to get some silverware

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.