Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    XD
    We can hope that it won't be bad :crossedf:
    Is it you worst one?
    Mmhhhmm :yep: now it is i forgot it had loads of little details and boring stuff aswell as interesting stuff, it will be a struggle indeed :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Who is revising chemistry from the CGP revision guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corporal)
    Who is revising chemistry from the CGP revision guide?
    I'm starting tomorrow. What I usually do it get the spec and make notes, usually going into it in more detail which is usually found in the cgp book but sometimes needs specific detail from the textbook. All in all, a little of both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corporal)
    During gas chromatography, each component of a mixture is involved in a dynamic
    equilibrium.
    Explain how this separates the components in a mixture.
    Mixture vaporized
    Stationary phase is sticky liquid coating of walls, mobile is unreactive gas
    Particles alternate between moblile and stationary and their distribution between these affects their retention time
    Dynamic equilibrium between two phases but particles of each compound beong looked for will have a favourite e.g if it favours the stationary phase it will have a longer retention time meaning it can be identified by this
    The differing retention times can be used to find out the chemicals

Haven't revised this yet so corrections are welcome and would help me aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    Mmhhhmm :yep: now it is i forgot it had loads of little details and boring stuff aswell as interesting stuff, it will be a struggle indeed :lol:
    I wish we could have chosen 2 sciences out of the 3 so I didn't have to do physics! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    I'm starting tomorrow. What I usually do it get the spec and make notes, usually going into it in more detail which is usually found in the cgp book but sometimes needs specific detail from the textbook. All in all, a little of both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too I'm starting tomorrow because im still so tired. Because there are 18 pages and there's a lot of info in the cgp book I will break it down into topics and hopefully finish reading and making notes on atleast 10-12 pages which leaves me with revising 8-6 pages for wednesday. then I will start answering questions on wednesday evening and looking over some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Mixture vaporized
    Stationary phase is sticky liquid coating of walls, mobile is unreactive gas
    Particles alternate between moblile and stationary and their distribution between these affects their retention time
    Dynamic equilibrium between two phases but particles of each compound beong looked for will have a favourite e.g if it favours the stationary phase it will have a longer retention time meaning it can be identified by this
    The differing retention times can be used to find out the chemicals

Haven't revised this yet so corrections are welcome and would help me aswell

Oh this question is actually from the specimen paper so just wanted to see how people structure their answers so gives me a rough idea of how i should answer them. Thanks. answers are on the ocr website

ReputationRep:
    I wish we could have chosen 2 sciences out of the 3 so I didn't have to do physics! :bawling:
    Ikr! But I'm doing it at a level so I'll the torment will continue we'll get through it though bro, because at the otherside, there there is freedom :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Ikr! But I'm doing it at a level so I'll the torment will continue we'll get through it though bro, because at the otherside, their their is freedom :moon:
    Why would you willingly commit to more torture..

FREEDOM FROM PHYSICS :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    man that must be demotivational for my mine it's the opposite probably, everyone is likely to pass and most will get A/B

Do you need practicce questione or how to actually do it?
    Both really! Im just completely stuck!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you willingly commit to more torture..

FREEDOM FROM PHYSICS :danceboy:
    I envy you -_-

Progress on the 6.33 pages? Let me guess, youve done .33 pages :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I envy you -_-

Progress on the 6.33 pages? Let me guess, youve done .33 pages :rolleyes:
    Actuallyyyy..I've done 5 pages! :awesome:

Quite proud of my achievement You?

ReputationRep:
    How well did you guys do for p4 p5 p6
    i found it easier than core but the p5 question i have to say was tricky the last question was superb filled up the whole page
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Woop learned bulk and fine chemicals - progress!

ReputationRep:
    going to start C7 all day tomorrow
    CGP is great for biology not much for physics but its alright
    Do past papers actually help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Woop learned bulk and fine chemicals - progress!

Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they help?! PAST PAPERS ARE THE WAY TO GO BOY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC08)
    I wrote about bioaccumulation for the ecosystem one? Is that wrong?
    That's right well done! A lot of people misread and wrote about eutrophication, but it was actually bioaccumulation

ReputationRep:
    Was the process in the capillary bed question diffusion? What other points had to be made to get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    How can it be diffusion? Its not even in the b7 syllabus!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.