Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GandalfWhite;52861947]Don't ever see yourself as Oxbridge rejects. Sure, those who get into Oxbridge are clever but that doesn't mean those who couldn't get in are not as clever. Any casual review of people with successful careers will easily confirm that most are graduates from other universities. There is definitely a great life and future beyond Oxbridge.[/QUOTE ]

Preach :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    Don't ever see yourself as Oxbridge rejects. Sure, those who get into Oxbridge are clever but that doesn't mean those who couldn't get in are not as clever. Any casual review of people with successful careers will easily confirm that most are graduates from other universities. There is definitely a great life and future beyond Oxbridge.
    Thanks - truly. It's so easy to get caught up with labels, but it's worth it to learn how to shrug them off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah.t)
    Thanks - truly. It's so easy to get caught up with labels, but it's worth it to learn how to shrug them off.
    Hi Hannah
    Is it economics or law you want to do? My son got an offer for law at LSE. Rejected from St Peter's, Oxford. Sometimes it's just a case of selecting a set amount of people from different types of schools, background and areas.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ever see yourself as Oxbridge rejects. Sure, those who get into Oxbridge are clever but that doesn't mean those who couldn't get in are not as clever. Any casual review of people with successful careers will easily confirm that most are graduates from other universities. There is definitely a great life and future beyond Oxbridge.
    You truly are the wisest wizard in the land. Now, onwards to Mordor!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this (whoever and wherever you may be), I totally agree with and relate to what you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilliTabea)
    I've just applied to LSE for International Relations programme.
    Did anyone already get their offers for IR?
    Obviously I don't expect anything already but just want to know about others
    Applied at the end of September and am still waiting... has anyone else heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlunn223)
    Applied at the end of September and am still waiting... has anyone else heard?
    Woah, have you received a 4 weeks email before the Christmas holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamgy)
    Woah, have you received a 4 weeks email before the Christmas holidays?
    Yeah I got it on the 19th, I believe. It was the 9th week of my 8 weeks. Getting impatient over here.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got it on the 19th, I believe. It was the 9th week of my 8 weeks. Getting impatient over here.
    I got mine on the 12th, and during Christmas they asked for an addition of 2 weeks to the 4 weeks (to accommodate for the holiday break) in order to determine the final decision of my application. Same here, to be honest, I've been fretting for a while now. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine on the 12th, and during Christmas they asked for an addition of 2 weeks to the 4 weeks (to accommodate for the holiday break) in order to determine the final decision of my application. Same here, to be honest, I've been fretting for a while now. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.
    You're right - got mine on the 12th! It's crazy to think they're taking longer than Oxbridge... Best of luck! Let's hope it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    FAM IF I GET REJECTED SOME1 GETTIN FEISTY EMAIL U dunKNO

ReputationRep:
    You're right - got mine on the 12th! It's crazy to think they're taking longer than Oxbridge... Best of luck! Let's hope it's worth it.
    I know, and thank you, to you too! Which course have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I know, and thank you, to you too! Which course have you applied to?
    Just straightforward IR. I've heard back from 2 of my other choices but not the other 2... what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just straightforward IR. I've heard back from 2 of my other choices but not the other 2... what about you?
    Oh right, well I'm applying for Law, heard back from 2 of my choices as well (waiting on the other 3).

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, well I'm applying for Law, heard back from 2 of my choices as well (waiting on the other 3).
    Fellow law applicant here, waiting patiently for LSE's decision too. Goodness, how they're dragging the wait on and on.

Wish you the best of luck with your other choices!

ReputationRep:
    may i ask what your other choices were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Hi Hannah
    Is it economics or law you want to do? My son got an offer for law at LSE. Rejected from St Peter's, Oxford. Sometimes it's just a case of selecting a set amount of people from different types of schools, background and areas.
    Hi Cholesta,
    I'm a straight law applicant. A big congratulations to your son! I can only hope I receive as wonderful news as he has following my long wait.

I agree and am sure that played some part in our rejections from Oxford. Bummer we can't do much about it, but I suppose better things await us elsewhere. Good luck to your son with any other decisions he's waiting for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilliTabea)
    may i ask what your other choices were?
    St Andrews and Durham (uncondtional), Edinburgh (2nd year entry), and KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah.t)
    Hi Cholesta,
    I'm a straight law applicant. A big congratulations to your son! I can only hope I receive as wonderful news as he has following my long wait.

I agree and am sure that played some part in our rejections from Oxford. Bummer we can't do much about it, but I suppose better things await us elsewhere. Good luck to your son with any other decisions he's waiting for!
    Hope you won't have to wait too long. My son's going to email Ox for feedback. He got on really well in first interview and the 2nd one was terrible. He felt the tutor didn't like him the minute he walked through the door. Would you think of reapplying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCapitalist2)
    Is there a facebook group for LSE firmers?
    There is https://www.facebook.com/groups/504924342981651/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.