Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ox had quite the season
    while he had good games. big games too like bayern. i wouldnt say he had a break out season.

in fact he didnt even lock down a position and no one still knows his true position (is it CAM?). Im sure he's not a winger.

ReputationRep:
    This whole Quintero rumour/link feels very reminiscent of Bernard last season. Comes out of nowhere and turns out to be a pile of ****!

Would make sense though consider Rosicky is old and I expect him to retire soon, and Santi will be 30 soon. Does suggest he may be off sooner rather than later though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    while he had good games. big games too like bayern. i wouldnt say he had a break out season.

in fact he didnt even lock down a position and no one still knows his true position (is it CAM?). Im sure he's not a winger.

It's hardly his fault that he's being shifted all the time but he was our hardest working player in some big games and had bursts of excellence at times. The Bayern game was something else. He doesn't need to have a breakout season he's 20 plus most likely won't be starting for another 2 years at the least.

Walcott is near enough to his ceiling which isn't a bad thing but agree that Wilshere needs to pick up soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    This whole Quintero rumour/link feels very reminiscent of Bernard last season. Comes out of nowhere and turns out to be a pile of ****!

Would make sense though consider Rosicky is old and I expect him to retire soon, and Santi will be 30 soon. Does suggest he may be off sooner rather than later though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Das it Pegs, show maturity

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will miss Rosicky think it may be his last season. Which is why I made this thread for him

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its already been shot down now with his agent coming out and denying it... these Colombian journalists need a slap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's hardly his fault that he's being shifted all the time but he was our hardest working player in some big games and had bursts of excellence at times. The Bayern game was something else. He doesn't need to have a breakout season he's 20 plus most likely won't be starting for another 2 years at the least.

Walcott is near enough to his ceiling which isn't a bad thing but agree that Wilshere needs to pick up soon
    No its not his fault, and he was hampered by injuries and filling other peoples roles due to injuries.

No he doesnt NEED to have a breakout season, but he is more than capable of doing so. there is so much ability there. he's definintely one of our most 'effective' players as opposed to passenger players like Santi or Podolski, and is more than capable of starting (maybe not now though with Alexis also presumably starting)

ReputationRep:
    No its not his fault, and he was hampered by injuries and filling other peoples roles due to injuries.

No he doesnt NEED to have a breakout season, but he is more than capable of doing so. there is so much ability there. he's definintely one of our most 'effective' players as opposed to passenger players like Santi or Podolski, and is more than capable of starting (maybe not now though with Alexis also presumably starting)

Capable of starting yes. Unfortunately he wont if Alexis and Walcott stay fit and Cazorla stays for the season like you said. The ability is there but it's no credit taken away from him if he doesn't have it until a few years later when we can actually start most games for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Such different stories with regards to Quintero. A maisfutebol (one of Portugals biggest sports sites) journalist has come out and said that Quinteros agent has denied the switch from Porto to Arsenal.

Please don't take him though, I will be devastated.

However, if it is true, a heads up with that he has a €40m release fee but we only own 50% of him so the rest is third party - so we don't have all the say with his price tag.
    Hmm, only know about Quintero via FM. I'm definitely going to watch benfica and porto next season. Too many clubs to follow next season, think I'll have to stop watching as many spanish league matches.

(Original post by Micah Richards)
    yhyh sorry lets make it how Stalin wants it to be

Everybody start making random front 6 formations and inserting any random players from around the world into them along with a few assorted Arsenal players, formatting it as centre text, and then using a token smiley face at the bottom (usually :perv::coma: or :sexface:, accompanied by a 'pphhwwooaaa' or other orgasmic sound), ie in this fashion; '

Benzema Giroud
    Sanchez Ozil Reus
    Carvalho
    :coma::perv::sexface:
    phhwwoooaaarrr'

:rofl:
    He got his ass handed to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micah Richards)
    yhyh sorry lets make it how Stalin wants it to be

Everybody start making random front 6 formations and inserting any random players from around the world into them along with a few assorted Arsenal players, formatting it as centre text, and then using a token smiley face at the bottom (usually :perv::coma: or :sexface:, accompanied by a 'pphhwwooaaa' or other orgasmic sound), ie in this fashion; '

Benzema Giroud
    Sanchez Ozil Reus
    Carvalho
    :coma::perv::sexface:
    phhwwoooaaarrr'

teehee the Arsenal thread is so much better when you do it Stalin teehee

but if you accompany this with any kind of knowledgable discussion or meaningful contribution then you're banned 4eva
    omg man went in with this post. :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    if this quintero rumour is true, then fifa ultimate team is gonna be a madness with the colombian/arsenal hybrids or colombian/premier league hybrids. :sogood::sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Legit beaut video.

Always gets me right in the feels when that Birmingham player slaps Koscielny's head down, and he doesn't lift it up after, like the fighter inside of him had died and given up:cry2:

Onwards and upwards. We are Walt Disney.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't make any sense to keep Sonogo & loan out Campbell.

Sonogo should be loaned out to someone like Palace or southhampton and Canpbell should be given an opportunity as second/third striker

ReputationRep:
    If we have the money, that pull factor from Wenger & the need for a striker, why don't we go for Cavani? He seems unsettled as it is and probably wouldn't mind moving to PL.

ReputationRep:
    Legit beaut video.

Always gets me right in the feels when that Birmingham player slaps Koscielny's head down, and he doesn't lift it up after, like the fighter inside of him had died and given up:cry2:

Onwards and upwards. We are Walt Disney.
    Great video, although that Gary Neville quote at the beginning has been done to death all over Youtube!

ReputationRep:
    Khedira possibly to Bayern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Khedira possibly to Bayern
    Nah, Bayern wanna do a Lewandoski.. And want to wait to get him for free next summer. Which is why Madrid despirately wanna sell him to us.

Well, allegedly anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    If we have the money, that pull factor from Wenger & the need for a striker, why don't we go for Cavani? He seems unsettled as it is and probably wouldn't mind moving to PL.
    You seem pretty insistence on a striker needs to brought in. Don't you realised Wenger has pretty much confirmed Sanchez will be used there on a regular basis when Theo returns from injury. Plus Giroud, Campbell, Theo and Sanogo should be enough depth in that area.

I rate Cavani highly but he's already confirmed he's staying.

"I'm certain that I'll stay - why wouldn't I?" Cavani told the French newspaper.

"I feel very good in Paris, I have a contract to respect at PSG. I'd prefer to be here. I feel good here."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You seem pretty insistence on a striker needs to brought in. Don't you realised Wenger has pretty much confirmed Sanchez will be used there on a regular basis when Theo returns from injury. Plus Giroud, Campbell, Theo and Sanogo should be enough depth in that area.

I rate Cavani highly but he's already confirmed he's staying.

"I'm certain that I'll stay - why wouldn't I?" Cavani told the French newspaper.

"I feel very good in Paris, I have a contract to respect at PSG. I'd prefer to be here. I feel good here."
    I'm not convinced that he'll be used there on a regular basis, though if I'm proven wrong then I'll have no problem with our strike force. I havn't actually read anywhere that Wenger has said that he'll use Sanchez as a striker, or as a false 9. I've read that he'll be used LW?

If what you say is true then cool, our strike force is fine & then all we need is a CDM and we're pretty much set to go. If not then we should add another striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I'm not convinced that he'll be used there on a regular basis, though if I'm proven wrong then I'll have no problem with our strike force. I havn't actually read anywhere that Wenger has said that he'll use Sanchez as a striker, or as a false 9. I've read that he'll be used LW?

If what you say is true then cool, our strike force is fine & then all we need is a CDM and we're pretty much set to go. If not then we should add another striker
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video...145054750.html

“The fact that he's efficient, the fact that he's good off the ball, he runs at people with the ball and he's a very versatile striker.

“He can play through the middle, he can play on both flanks and he has the qualities that I think are needed in England. He's brave, works hard and all these qualities together made me go for him.

“At the moment he might play on the flank because Walcott is injured. As well [he can play] through the middle in some games; we can play with Giroud, we can play without Giroud in a 4-4-2 or in a 4-3-3.

I think the club is working very hard wrt CDM, we have to be patience I guess.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.