Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    Wow, my score wasn't too far away then. I got the following scores.

Seeing the bigger picture - 2.33

Making Effective Decisions - 2.72

Leading and Communicating - 2.21

Collaborating and partnering - 2.17

Managing a quality service - 1.96

Delivering Value for Money - 3.00

Overall - 14.39
    Oh it seems as though your overall score may have been a pass, gutted for you. Will you apply again next year?

I got 2.06 as my lowest score and the rest were mid to high 2's.
    Seems like I scraped a pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by expralitemonk)
    Never mind, I just found out I got rejected
    Sorry to hear that but the feedback should give you enough to pass next time. As has been mentioned lots, most people get through on the second attempt. The feedback is a blueprint for passing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any Northern Ireland scheme people had any word yet? Good or bad?

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any official pass marks, the best you all can do is your own statistical analyses of the marks people report here, but really it's more trivia than anything as it's not going have any predictive value.

I guess to some extent, the pass mark is 12 (2 in everything) as if you get less than that you will have a guaranteed fail, but above that it comes down to how many people can get on each scheme, how competitive it is, and what other skills they may be looking for that need to be assessed in an FSB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tas321)
    Oh it seems as though your overall score may have been a pass, gutted for you. Will you apply again next year?

I got 2.06 as my lowest score and the rest were mid to high 2's.
    Seems like I scraped a pass.
    Yh thanks. I would rather get more experience and then apply in a few years time, as this post is at a HEO grade, where you would be managing others and plus would need to relocate to London, which wouldn't be easy. Theres plenty of other posts in the civil service at a lower grade, to which I have applied for and are closer to home. It was definitely a positive experience, even though I completely flopped the leadership exercise, my presentation only lasted 3 minutes, that's the reason for the narrow fail. Oh well, congrats on your success and good luck for the future!

ReputationRep:
    My results have just changed to awaiting results... How long roughly did it take for people to find out?
    Reading everyone's posts doesn't fill me with confidence on my results but hey, miracles occasionally happen right?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm applying for the Generalist stream and had my FSAC on the 21st of Jan. I originally applied for the FCO and got rejected from that, and am still awaiting results on Central Departments, presumably when they review pass marks. Anyone have any idea how long they usually take to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my feedback today. In case it helps anyone is predicting the pass mark, I passed with 16.9 (GES scheme) .

Weirdly, one of my strongest exercises was the leadership exercise, which I thought went terribly, whereas the policy exercise was one of my poorer areas, which I thought I'd aced.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyNoGod)
    Just got my feedback today. In case it helps anyone is predicting the pass mark, I passed with 16.9 (GES scheme) .

Weirdly, one of my strongest exercises was the leadership exercise, which I thought went terribly, whereas the policy exercise was one of my poorer areas, which I thought I'd aced.

Good luck.
    When did you do your fsac?
    But congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wottle)
    Hey,

I'm applying for the Generalist stream and had my FSAC on the 21st of Jan. I originally applied for the FCO and got rejected from that, and am still awaiting results on Central Departments, presumably when they review pass marks. Anyone have any idea how long they usually take to get back to you?
    I had my fsac on the 5th feb and haven't heard back yet (although my status now says awaiting results).
    I emailed them and they said I'd hear either early this week, at the end of February or at the end of march. So I'm assuming that the same holds for everyone.
    The wait is killing me. I wasn't this impatient about my degree results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copycats&Acrobats)
    I had my fsac on the 5th feb and haven't heard back yet (although my status now says awaiting results).
    I emailed them and they said I'd hear either early this week, at the end of February or at the end of march. So I'm assuming that the same holds for everyone.
    The wait is killing me. I wasn't this impatient about my degree results!
    I had mine on the 1st Feb... I wonder if that means i am in the amber band..

ReputationRep:
    Passed and found my FSAC report: overall 15.81, lowest on Seeing a Bigger Picture/Changing and Improving 2.22, highest on Delivering Value for Money/Achieving Commercian Outcomes 2.83. Appearently I screwed up e-Tray written exercise (basicially I run out of time for generating novel ideas), but this was offset by other parts, which went ok I guess...Good luck to anyone who's still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering how badly you 'screwed up the e-tray' I ask because I have my FSAC on thurs (12th) and I have most certainly epically screwed up the written part. (I tried writing it in word, don;t know why and then it wouldn't let me copy and paste it so I literally had 4mins to write something so you can imagine how bad mine is). I'm actually so worried that the written part of the e-tray is going to bring my score so far down . . . do I have any shot? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faastar)
    Hi, I was wondering how badly you 'screwed up the e-tray' I ask because I have my FSAC on thurs (12th) and I have most certainly epically screwed up the written part. (I tried writing it in word, don;t know why and then it wouldn't let me copy and paste it so I literally had 4mins to write something so you can imagine how bad mine is). I'm actually so worried that the written part of the e-tray is going to bring my score so far down . . . do I have any shot? Thanks in advance!
    I made a classic mistake when I spent a lot of time on part 1 (trying to analyse all the infomration which wasn't necessary) and then was left with very little time to develop my ideas in part 2. Given that you were invited to attend FSAC I think it'd be reasonable to assume that you still have chances to pass. There are some strategic points to consider, though: E-tray exercise will affect your points on 3 out of 6 competencies, so the key issue is to try to give a strong performance in other exercises, providing the evidence that you are competent, despite not showing your full potential in one of the exercises.

E-tray will count towards:

1) Seeing the Bigger Picture/Changing and Improving (along with Policy and Leadership exercises)
    2) Making Effective Decisions (along with Policy and Group exercises)
    3) Leading and Communicating (along with Policy, Group and Leadership exercises).

Have a good look at the FSAC guide and think what you can do to make up for the E-tray exercise.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_sky)
    I made a classic mistake when I spent a lot of time on part 1 (trying to analyse all the infomration which wasn't necessary) and then was left with very little time to develop my ideas in part 2. Given that you were invited to attend FSAC I think it'd be reasonable to assume that you still have chances to pass. There are some strategic points to consider, though: E-tray exercise will affect your points on 3 out of 6 competencies, so the key issue is to try to give a strong performance in other exercises, providing the evidence that you are competent, despite not showing your full potential in one of the exercises.

E-tray will count towards:

1) Seeing the Bigger Picture/Changing and Improving (along with Policy and Leadership exercises)
    2) Making Effective Decisions (along with Policy and Group exercises)
    3) Leading and Communicating (along with Policy, Group and Leadership exercises).

Good luck!

You're a star, that's a really good way of thinking of it. I'll have to try and focus on those ones as they are basically going to be at 0 from the etray. Thank you for breaking it down for me!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a rough idea of how many, or what proportion of, central departments fast streamers tend to end up in each department each year? i.e. DWP takes 40%, Home 15%, Justice... I know that DWP probably takes the most but, beyond that, I've got no idea. Any help or pointers in the right direction appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E.Marie)
    I had mine on the 1st Feb... I wonder if that means i am in the amber band..
    I'm not sure. Maybe they release them in stages? I dont really know how it works, as I've not got this far before... All I have to go on is the email they replied with. I cant do with the waiting. I wish they'd say if you were amber banded. :confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by faastar)
    Did you contact Parity about this at the time? I've seen other people say they did the same thing, and Parity uploaded their word doc for them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Did you contact Parity about this at the time? I've seen other people say they did the same thing, and Parity uploaded their word doc for them...
    Oh crap, I genuinely just thought I was an idiot and had messed up and would have to make up for it . . . I assume it's too late as I did the Etray back in December?

ReputationRep:
    Probably...but in any case it wouldn't hurt to highlight this issue, either by email or in person when you meet the HR team on Thursday. If there were more people with the same problem they may take this into account, plus it should be improved next year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.