Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djavor)
    Oh no So disappointed- thought it was my best interview by far. Emailed them to ask why and they said they select candidates with a variety of work experience. I've volunteered at the stroke association for 9 months, have a month in special needs school and have also shadowed a therapist twice i don't understand how it's not enough
    Aww, yeah I'm in a similar boat as you, so I really don't understand..?!

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to firm Reading (I already have an offer), and hoping to put DMU as my insurance. Apparently I will hear from DMU after the date that I have to apply for Reading accommodation, and by that time I have to have accepted them as my firm.. But I won't have heard from DMU.. What do I do?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Yeah she was really lovely, seemed really down to earth as well! Do you remember her name?
    No haha! think i remember seeing you though! I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskimok1)
    Aww, yeah I'm in a similar boat as you, so I really don't understand..?!
    There must have been a ridiculous number of applicants, only explanation I can think off

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to firm Reading (I already have an offer), and hoping to put DMU as my insurance. Apparently I will hear from DMU after the date that I have to apply for Reading accommodation, and by that time I have to have accepted them as my firm.. But I won't have heard from DMU.. What do I do?!!
    When do we have to do that by?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djavor)
    No haha! think i remember seeing you though! I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought as well.
    Were you in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    Check UCAS but i think you have to have all your decisions before you can choose your firm and insurance.

ReputationRep:
    That or a very one sided relationship, we love them a lot more than they love us!

Yeah, I get you! We just like the last to be picked for the team... Or in this case told that the team is full and ignored. I just don't understand how they could justify not rejecting straight away as it's kinda cruel.

ahhh fair enough! I don't blame you for looking! At least it gives you an end game for this mess haha!
    YES! We're the rejects at the end haha! It does seem rather cruel, but there' still a small window of hope yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Called the uni, again, and harassed the women on the phone who said that they were rejecting applications if they weren't good enough which makes me think that we're definitely in the maybe pile.

Moreover, she said they have to have all responses out by February so it'll be over soon haha
    BY FEB?!?! Jeez now I'm worried!!
    Maybe pile it is I suppose...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Were you in the morning?
    Yeah remember there was only one guy there named Jordan aha

ReputationRep:
    Called the uni, again, and harassed the women on the phone who said that they were rejecting applications if they weren't good enough which makes me think that we're definitely in the maybe pile.

Moreover, she said they have to have all responses out by February so it'll be over soon haha
    what Uni is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConMS)
    what Uni is this for?
    Leeds Becket

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm a lurker (forgot my password) also awaiting some news from Leeds Beckett! What a massive stress!

I am 41 (anyone else as 'mature' as me?)

ReputationRep:
    Interview - Leeds Beckett 11th March 1pm!

Cor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baarbs)
    Interview - Leeds Beckett 11th March 1pm!

Cor!
    Hi!! That's good news...hope all goes well*

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baarbs)
    Hello! I'm a lurker (forgot my password) also awaiting some news from Leeds Beckett! What a massive stress!

I am 41 (anyone else as 'mature' as me?)
    Well done on the interview, I'm older than you by quite a bit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Well done on the interview, I'm older than you by quite a bit!!
    hi there! How are you finding the process? I have only applied to Leeds as I live quite near and I have 2 small boys so all my eggs are very much in one basket! I can't believe I finally had a reply. I hope everyone else has heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConMS)
    what Uni is this for?
    Leeds brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    BY FEB?!?! Jeez now I'm worried!!
    Maybe pile it is I suppose...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, end of February!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.