Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Um, Cambridge Latin Course. And Mr Carter's books (I think that is his name) for Latin verse.

You take latin?
    No, they don't offer it at my school. I'm trying to learn idependently and was wondering what you used.

I'm planning on gettingh book 1 for the Cambridge latin course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    I'm slightly concerned at the fact that the Y10s are on their second thread.
    And we're on 2101 (and counting...).

(Might have posted on there. Only once.Once! Don't shoot me!!!:eek:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    No, they don't offer it at my school. I'm trying to learn idependently and was wondering what you used.

I'm planning on gettingh book 1 for the Cambridge latin course
    Don't bother with the Mr Carter stuff then as it's specifically tailored for exams and quite honestly very dull....

Book 1!!! Good old Caecilius. #nospoilers...

Check out the Cambridge Latin Course website though - there are some free learning resources:

http://www.cambridgescp.co.uk/cambri...ivities/book-i

Hope this helps! We used it at school.

Feel free to ask me any questions

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with the Mr Carter stuff then as it's specifically tailored for exams and quite honestly very dull....

Check out the Cambridge Latin Course website though - there are some free learning resources:

Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Thank you so much
    No problemo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    That's fine Haha thanks, are you going to be playing Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire in November?
    I'll probably get it but end up not playing it, sixth form is keeping me super busy XD

Definitely need my eye-sight checked then.

Now where is that Shrek emoticon... wait, does it exist??? (Mentally scarred for life. Damm you for making that 'love...life' reference. )

Nah.... I don't know what student I am... Chemistry being my favourite subject yet I still want to do English at least until AS...? I dunno. Maybe a bit more on the science side... Can't stand essays. Hate it when you bs and then get higher marks... Life is messed up.

Latin is fine but a bit dull atm because all we're doing is annotating and matching up words... Hate verse. :mad: I can just feel my brain cells withering with the effort to stay awake.

Tell my Latin teacher it's a dead language and she'll rant for the next half hour...
    haha

i think there's a puking one, that'll have to do

high five, chemistry is really fun at a level (after finding out everything at gcse was a lie XD) i know what you mean, I'm terrible at essays too but somehow managed to get full marks in my English exam by bsing

it does sound pretty interesting to learn where all the words come from and the root meaning of stuff, guess you have to get the boring stuff out of the way first

orly? bring it on

btw are you a harry potter fan? caught the reference in your username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arithmeticae)
    haha

i think there's a puking one, that'll have to do

high five, chemistry is really fun at a level (after finding out everything at gcse was a lie XD) i know what you mean, I'm terrible at essays too but somehow managed to get full marks in my English exam by bsing

it does sound pretty interesting to learn where all the words come from and the root meaning of stuff, guess you have to get the boring stuff out of the way first

orly? bring it on

btw are you a harry potter fan? caught the reference in your username
    Yay! SO glad that Chemistry gets more interesting! Latin just gets worse...

We do so little of that derivative stuff (where words come from). So annoying as that's the interesting part.... Still waiting for the boring stuff to be over. (1 year and who's counting? Basically, GCSE latin is a bore... I like it otherwise.)

You'd probably win. Everyone just takes it as an opportunity to brain sleep so...

And yes. yes. yes. #Potterhead. (vd12345 can tell you about how annoying I am in that respect... annoyed him earlier (WAY earlier) on in this thread. so evil. )
    Are you? If so, what house?

ReputationRep:

Latin is fine but a bit dull atm because all we're doing is annotating and matching up words... Hate verse. :mad: I can just feel my brain cells withering with the effort to stay awake.

Tell my Latin teacher it's a dead language and she'll rant for the next half hour...
    Latin? Oohhh I did my GCSE end of year 10 - WJEC? Language and civilization?

ReputationRep:
    Yay! SO glad that Chemistry gets more interesting! Latin just gets worse...

We do so little of that derivative stuff (where words come from). So annoying as that's the interesting part.... Still waiting for the boring stuff to be over. (1 year and who's counting? Basically, GCSE latin is a bore... I like it otherwise.)

You'd probably win. Everyone just takes it as an opportunity to brain sleep so...

And yes. yes. yes. #Potterhead. (vd12345 can tell you about how annoying I am in that respect... annoyed him earlier (WAY earlier) on in this thread. so evil. )
    Are you? If so, what house?
    pretty much everything gets more interesting at a level (except physics, for me it's just more mathsy ) prepare for your mind to be blown when you learn that gcse was a lie :eek:

oh right, that's a shame tbh year 11 did go pretty quickly for me XD

m8 she would get 1v1 noscoped irl srs

ravenclaw crew checking in <3
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    And we're on 2101 (and counting...).

(Might have posted on there. Only once.Once! Don't shoot me!!!:eek:)
    You did? I didn't see you, hi!

(Original post by Martie08)
    I'm slightly concerned at the fact that the Y10s are on their second thread.
    Hi!

(Original post by Trihawk7)
    I haven't been helping them :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't deny it. :smug:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:

ravenclaw crew checking in <3

im a ravenclaw. but in in year 11/

ReputationRep:
    after finding out everything at gcse was a lie
    My dad is a chemist and he was telling me about this - what bit is a lie? I'm not planning on taking Chemistry but I'm interested to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    im a ravenclaw. but in in year 11/
    yay, ravenclaw high five! :five:

(Original post by Steliata)
    My dad is a chemist and he was telling me about this - what bit is a lie? I'm not planning on taking Chemistry but I'm interested to know.
    lol just so many things aren't true

third shell holds 8 electrons - lie
    pH can't go below 1 or over 14 - lie
    electrons don't really 'orbit' the nucleus (at least not in the way that planets orbit the sun )

it's just really oversimplified

ReputationRep:

XD

ReputationRep:
    lol just so many things aren't true

third shell holds 8 electrons - lie
    pH can't go below 1 or over 14 - lie
    electrons don't really 'orbit' the nucleus (at least not in the way that planets orbit the sun )

it's just really oversimplified
    Why do they tell us stuff that's wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Why do they tell us stuff that's wrong lol
    lol idk, it might just be to prepare you for a level because what actually happens is pretty complicated

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    XD
    what's your favourite book?

ReputationRep:

what's your favourite book?

dont have one

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably get it but end up not playing it, sixth form is keeping me super busy XD
    Oh yeah that's true, must be annoying! I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire but it's being released right in the middle of my mocks I'll probably be playing a lot as soon as mocks are over though

ReputationRep:

Oh caecilius. Cerberus..... 😭 book 4 is not as fun

ReputationRep:
    Not you as well :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.