Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blingaling)
    Thank you for your answers, but I meant how do you get the x=0.1? from all that to then sub it into the binomial expansion?
    you need to recognise a value of x that will be helpful. X is normally small in these expansions so look for a number that seems to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    TeeEm,

Is it possible to use an integrating factor for question 5 on this paper?

https://a086a5a2f39bda93734c56a63fab...%20Edexcel.pdf

I can't seem to rearrange it into the required form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    TeeEm,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't you separate the variables and integrate cosec^2 back to -cotx?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    TeeEm,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    definitely no integrating factor there ...Just separation of variables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrotoMax)
    Exam is in a few hours.
    People already want Hitler react video.
    I'll go get my TARDIS
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute tips before the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I must pass this exam, and defeat Kung Fuhrer once and for all, so that no C4 June 2015 Hitler react video is ever made! So, Gandalf told me to get the TARDIS and go to Hogwarts and use the force to help people cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda scary how on the day of the exam I seem to forget the fact that I've been getting 90ums in most past papers for the pat few weeks, and focus on all the bad stuff that could happen in this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlikem)
    Any last minute tips before the exam?
    Don't f*** it up

ReputationRep:
    whats the best way to figure out how to seperate your variables when solving a differenial, I always struggle especially when there's only 1 variable in the orginal eqn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    More like I haven't had the time to prepare for this exam
    Trust I've had an exam everyday since last week I have only managed to do 4 c4 papers although I did all c3 papers and solomon up to 2013, which I smashed up to 2013 then I was unable to clraify some misunderstandings with june 2013 paper with my teacher as the exam was in the morning

Last exam tomorrow BIOL5, I have not even looked at it since just after easter when we did the mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    definitely no integrating factor there ...Just separation of variables
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobynDear)
    whats the best way to figure out how to seperate your variables when solving a differenial, I always struggle especially when there's only 1 variable in the orginal eqn
    Pair ys wth dy and xs with dx.. If theres only y's in the equation then pair the y's with dy, and then pair what ever the constant is, edexcel normally use k with dx,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrotoMax)
    I must pass this exam, and defeat Kung Fuhrer once and for all, so that no C4 June 2015 Hitler react video is ever made! So, Gandalf told me to get the TARDIS and go to Hogwarts and use the force to help people cheat.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys I will bring those boundaries down, I am inept at C4, especially connected rates of change

I miles of create the c4 June 2016 thread now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    Trust I've had an exam everyday since last week I have only managed to do 4 c4 papers although I did all c3 papers and solomon up to 2013, which I smashed up to 2013 then I was unable to clraify some misunderstandings with june 2013 paper with my teacher as the exam was in the morning

Last exam tomorrow BIOL5, I have not even looked at it since just after easter when we did the mock
    same.. I haven't looked at Biol5 at all... AQA board?
    After me messing up C3.. I don't really care too much about Bio.. I just need to aim for at least an A in maths now...
    The second I come home from the exam, I'm gonna have to just go straight and cram everything in half a day before that exam... I still have 2 more left after Bio 5..... I got econ 4 and S2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    same.. I haven't looked at Biol5 at all... AQA board?
    After me messing up C3.. I don't really care too much about Bio.. I just need to aim for at least an A in maths now...
    The second I come home from the exam, I'm gonna have to just go straight and cram everything in half a day before that exam... I still have 2 more left after Bio 5..... I got econ 4 and S2
    Urgh don't mention BIOL 5 I think I hate that exam even more than c4!

ReputationRep:
    Guys is there a international c4 june 2015 paper anywhere?? Please let me know asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRaspberry)
    Don't worry guys I will bring those boundaries down, I am inept at C4, especially connected rates of change

I miles of create the c4 June 2016 thread now
    why dont you look at tutorials and exam question videos on exams solution, it might help

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone possibly show me their working to Soloman Paper I question 7a?

I don't understand the mark scheme at all and i can't get to the answer.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.