Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Just got rejected for English
    Don't know what I'm going to do now... I feel so broken
    I'm so sorry to hear this, but remember that there are other Unis out there that would be lucky to have you! Getting rejected is tough but you have to remember that it shouldn't take away from how amazing you are as a person if an institution makes a decision about you. You'll continue to be as brilliant as ever, you just have to keep your chin up. I wish you the best for whatever you decide to do. Where are you thinking about going instead?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry, know that must be disheartening However, I have a friend who applied for English last year and was rejected from Cambridge, Durham and UCL but took a gap year and reapplied. This year she got into Cambridge and has offers from the others too - sometimes it can end up better than you might imagine! Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerseyalevel)
    To study what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Biological sciences ! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scratchedpaw)
    I'm so sorry to hear this, but remember that there are other Unis out there that would be lucky to have you! Getting rejected is tough but you have to remember that it shouldn't take away from how amazing you are as a person if an institution makes a decision about you. You'll continue to be as brilliant as ever, you just have to keep your chin up. I wish you the best for whatever you decide to do. Where are you thinking about going instead?
    Aww! Thank you for your long message! ☺️ I have no idea what I'm going to do...probably take a gap year and then reapply.
    Good luck with everything x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    I'm so sorry, know that must be disheartening However, I have a friend who applied for English last year and was rejected from Cambridge, Durham and UCL but took a gap year and reapplied. This year she got into Cambridge and has offers from the others too - sometimes it can end up better than you might imagine! Good luck with everything
    Thank you! ☺️💕 I've applied to UCL too and still haven't heard back. It'll probably be a rejection.
    I think I'm going to take a gap year and reapply. Hopefully I'll be as lucky as your friend the second time round.
    xx
    I sent you a PM btw!

ReputationRep:
    I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak33m98)
    I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)
    I got assigned a different college, one I really didn't like, and I emailed them and there is nothing that can be done to change it unfortunately..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Are places for post offer holders days still available? i didnt; get anything in the post, i just got an email from ucas about open days and then it just crossed my mind, i didn't book on to the durham open day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear this! However, remember how insanely competitive Durham is, particularly for English Literature, which means a rejection is by no means a failure! As with Oxbridge, I think Durham are looking for a certain type of applicant, and just because you didn't fit this year's criteria doesn't mean anything - I'd imagine other unis will probably be fighting over you! Chin up, and if Durham is still the dream then just take a year out and reapply next year, everything happens for a reason

(I still haven't heard myself, but am definitely not holding out hope now, so I'm gonna follow my own advice upon impending rejection hehe)

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry to hear this! Best of luck with your other applications ☺️💕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The wait is killing me!!! 😁😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanorelodie)
    The wait is killing me!!! 😁😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same!!!! What do you think it means??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issymarsh)
    Same!!!! What do you think it means??
    No idea!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back for politics and philosophy or each separate course?

(Original post by gofios)
    Has anyone heard back for politics and philosophy or each separate course?
    I got an offer for straight philosophy on 4th December

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for English Lit! Now to choose between Durham and Bristol??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyismyname)
    congrats! when did you apply if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak33m98)
    Castle is so over subscribed that you probably would not have got in there either! Therefore don't worry about it too much - lots of people don't the college they want and almost everyone ends up loving their college! Might be worth going for a visit to have a look at Aidans now you're in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatMcG;[url="tel:63222371")
    63222371[/url]]congrats! when did you apply if you don't mind me asking
    I actually applied quite late, about the 9/10th of January I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyismyname)
    Well done! Are you going to a post offer day? I'm wondering if I should go Durham(which is about 6-7 hours on the train from where I live) for a post offer day or I just rule it out now as I'm about 67% sure I don't want to go there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.