Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amee2897)
    Hi all! I hope someone can help me.
    I was interviewed by Kings on March 7th and was rejected for medicine. However they have given me an offer for biomedicine instead and I was wondering if this is a good or bad thing? Do they think that I wont be cut out for medicine? As I've been rejected by all my med schools and am planning to reapply next year?
    Hi there!
    If medicine is what you want to do then you should defo reapply. I got rejected from everywhere last year, took a gap year, reapplied and got offers from everywhere. I actually think that taking a gap year was a blessing in disguise because I'm having a great time. I also don't think I would have been ready to go to uni last year either.
    Hope this sort of helps

ReputationRep:
    hey guys for anyone who has firmed Kings can anyone tell me what they think the difference between an ensuite and large ensuite is. I think it's studio and regular room but not certain. My preference would be GDS or moonraker and I am not sure what they class that as.

Oh and congrats to everyone who got an offer

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is some sort of pre-enrolment health questionnaire to fill out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)
    hey guys for anyone who has firmed Kings can anyone tell me what they think the difference between an ensuite and large ensuite is. I think it's studio and regular room but not certain. My preference would be GDS or moonraker and I am not sure what they class that as.

Oh and congrats to everyone who got an offer
    I'm hoping to get GDS or moonraker as well

I had a feeling large ensuite meant studio as well, but the only studios available to undergrads are at angel lane and westminster bridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor96)
    I'm hoping to get GDS or moonraker as well

I had a feeling large ensuite meant studio as well, but the only studios available to undergrads are at angel lane and westminster bridge
    oh cool! yeah I think I might email in just to check (:

I just checked and large ensuite refers to the large option at champion hill and that's it

ReputationRep:
    KING'S MEDICINE 2016 FB ENTRY GROUP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079...59939473268700

ReputationRep:
    "Please note: you are only able to apply for accommodation if you have firmly accepted your academic offer (i.e your status is CF/UF/CFUF). You will not be able to apply if you hold King’s as your Insurance offer or have yet to firmly accept your academic offer."

(Original post by medics_r_us)
    Does anyone know if you're supposed to apply for King's accommodation if you've put it as your insurance?? I haven't had login email yet so I'm wondering if that's why. People are saying you're not supposed to but it doesn't say anything in their accommodation policy about it being your firm and they're still sending me emails about accommodation even though I put them as my insurance almost a month ago?

ReputationRep:
    there's already a group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651...69273/?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Woops, will tell the people in the other group- thanks for the link

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really worried that because you no longer specify which accommodation you would like, you'll end up really far lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khs1)
    Woops, will tell the people in the other group- thanks for the link
    no problem at all

PS Is anyone else planning on living outside off King's Halls/ be a commuter

(Original post by xertyl)
    no problem at all

PS Is anyone else planning on living outside off King's Halls/ be a commuter
    I am probably going to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0shas0)
    "Please note: you are only able to apply for accommodation if you have firmly accepted your academic offer (i.e your status is CF/UF/CFUF). You will not be able to apply if you hold King’s as your Insurance offer or have yet to firmly accept your academic offer."
    But I've put them as my insurance and I've recieved the link to the accommodation login page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0shas0)
    Oh but I'm not meant to use it. I get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medics_r_us)
    Does anyone know if there is some sort of pre-enrolment health questionnaire to fill out??
    Yeah, I am sure I read somewhere that they will send us a health questionnaire in May and then we have to return it to them by 30th June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic97)
    Yeah, I am sure I read somewhere that they will send us a health questionnaire in May and then we have to return it to them by 30th June
    Ok cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for student finance yet?

ReputationRep:
    Is the accommodation on a first come first serve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack354)
    Is the accommodation on a first come first serve?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got in off the waiting list?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.