Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long Sheffield, Leicester, Birmingham, Nottingham and Leeds take to respond? In the biological sciences department.

Also, if you applied, what were your predicted grades and what were their offers?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wissem)
    Each different
    Glasgow- computer science
    Heriot watt and Dundee biological sciences
    Wbu ??
    All computer science. Good luck with your choices I hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone at Leicester is busy smoking a doobie. Respond to me *****es!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how long it'll take for Durham/UCL/KCL to get back for Law? Now that the 15th Jan deadline is over and all applications are in, it should be soon right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterford97)
    I think everyone at Leicester is busy smoking a doobie. Respond to me *****es!!!
    Feel you

ReputationRep:
    How long did Dundee take to respond
    Mines been a week
    I applied in early October and still not heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    I applied in early October and still not heard from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did u apply
    cuz loads of others say 3 weeks (around)

ReputationRep:
    what did u apply
    cuz loads of others say 3 weeks (around)
    I applied for 2 courses there.. I applied for Sociology and Mental Health Nursing. I'd have thought I'd hear back from them for Sociology already but clearly I haven't. Are you a Scottish applicant? Because I'm not so that's another issue as to why I've not heard back straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    I applied for 2 courses there.. I applied for Sociology and Mental Health Nursing. I'd have thought I'd hear back from them for Sociology already but clearly I haven't. Are you a Scottish applicant? Because I'm not so that's another issue as to why I've not heard back straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm English applying from bahrain
    U ??

ReputationRep:
    No I'm English applying from bahrain
    U ??
    Applying from Manchester, England ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long did Dundee take to respond
    Mines been a week
    Dundee took 2 weeks for me

ReputationRep:
    Applied last Sunday for Law at Brunel, Kent, Bradford, Essex and Greenwich. Got acknowledgements from all except Essex the next day, and Greenwich has already given me a conditional offer (2 days after) and Bradford have sent me an e-mail asking for proof of EU citizenship and my current grades.
    I'm a bit worried about Essex, haven't gotten any acknowledgement yet.

ReputationRep:
    What's the speed like for international applicants? I shouldn't be too impatient, seeing as I know I won't hear from my schools here in the US till March, but do unis respond faster to students from the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjohnson98)
    What's the speed like for international applicants? I shouldn't be too impatient, seeing as I know I won't hear from my schools here in the US till March, but do unis respond faster to students from the US?
    I'd ssume it'd take a little longer but then again I've heard of some international students who already have offers. I don't think there's any way to know for sure.
    I'm from Portugal, so I was asked for proof of EU citizenship. They'll e-mail you if they need anything, but aside from that probably just have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueWolf16)
    How long did Lancaster take for you? I sent it off about 3 weeks ago, but it was during the Christmas break so understandably the real time is a bit shorter. Just a few days ago I got an email saying they are currently looking at my application - did you get that too and how long after did they reply?
    Yes I got that a few weeks before they gave me an offer. They were my most recent one, just over a week ago I think so took around a month :-)

ReputationRep:
    hi guys , dont know if anyone will read this comment but i wanted to ask has anyone had any offers from University of Birmingham yet, or are they doing them now after deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richirooni)
    hi guys , dont know if anyone will read this comment but i wanted to ask has anyone had any offers from University of Birmingham yet, or are they doing them now after deadline?
    Hello...
    Me, not yet.
    Actually, I request for intake deferment on August last year and got my applicant portal changed on late September. Until now, the status is still pending decision. I sent some email to ask about it and do not get any response yet.

What course did you apply? Under/postgrad? If me, MSc MORSE.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gotten an offer from Essex yet? I haven't even received an acknowledgement :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nousks)
    Has anyone gotten an offer from Essex yet? I haven't even received an acknowledgement :/
    Not all unis send acknowledgements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    Anyone know how long Sheffield, Leicester, Birmingham, Nottingham and Leeds take to respond? In the biological sciences department.

Also, if you applied, what were your predicted grades and what were their offers?

Thanks.
    I applied to Birmingham for Biomedical Science on 14th October and got my offer on 16th November

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.