Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeltaGuy)
    Hey guys. I have just got my DBS certificate in the post, do I need to send it to HMRC? It's clear obviously!
    I didn't send mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    I didn't send mine
    How do they know if it successfully completes then?

ReputationRep:
    I was told yesterday that I had passed my preemployment checks, I think you only need to send it if there's a conviction showing on it

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  497.7 KB
    They are notified if there's anything returned and if they need anything they will email you requesting it.

ReputationRep:
    I just had a call from HMRC regarding 1320 HO campaign. They asked how much notice I need to give my current manager so that they can plan where to place people and from when.

I am internal now but was external at time of application. I've applied for Manchester.
    (Original post by trj1989)
    I've just had the exact same call. Literally just asked how many weeks notice, no news on how long it would take before we got formal offers. I applied for Newcastle
    Did they say where they were calling from?

I've not had a phonecall yet (I'm internal but applied externally for Cardiff). If it's someone from HR in HMRC then perhaps I can phone someone.

ReputationRep:
    How long did your DBS process take, DeltaGuy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammerThyme)
    How long did your DBS process take, DeltaGuy?
    My check took 2 days! Literally just got an email saying my pre employment checks have been completed and someone will be in touch shortly!!!!!!!!!!

Come on phone call!!

ReputationRep:
    My check took 2 days! Literally just got an email saying my pre employment checks have been completed and someone will be in touch shortly!!!!!!!!!!

Come on phone call!!
    Good stuff! Keep us updated when that call comes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so pleased they're starting to call us regarding notice periods! There must be a lot of candidates that have completed pre-employment checks now and they're finally planning start dates! We have movement! I received my DBS certificate in the post yesterday. It only took a few days from application to delivery of certificate - so if you haven't done yours yet don't worry as it's a speedy process.

Doesn't look like they've called anyone who's applied for London yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11222333abc)
    I'm so pleased they're starting to call us regarding notice periods! There must be a lot of candidates that have completed pre-employment checks now and they're finally planning start dates! We have movement! I received my DBS certificate in the post yesterday. It only took a few days from application to delivery of certificate - so if you haven't done yours yet don't worry as it's a speedy process.

Pretty sure someone for London had got a call... Success007 maybe

ReputationRep:
    I just got the phone call regarding notice period. Mine is 2 months and I've been worried that this will be an issue as it's longer than the standard period that most people have.

The lady said that they will be giving formal offers with a start date of 4 weeks from then as this is most peoples notice period. I will have to negotiate with HMRC once I receive my formal offer. She said she's spoken to some people who have a 3 month notice period.

ReputationRep:

I've just had a phone call and I applied for London. Seems like theyre planning on giving everyone a call today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me so...?)
    I've just had a phone call and I applied for London. Seems like theyre planning on giving everyone a call today
    Hooray finally some progress. I shall eagerly await my phone call.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Belfast got a phone call yet???

ReputationRep:
    I just had a missed call from a withheld number 😔

ReputationRep:
    They called on an 0300 number

ReputationRep:
    I initially missed the call and it wasn't a withheld number, they did leave a voicemail

ReputationRep:
    I initially missed the call and it wasn't a withheld number, they did leave a voicemail
    Law grad where are you for? Please tell me belfast!

ReputationRep:
    They called on an 0300 number
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    Manchester

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.