Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    I think the grades are likely to be slightly higher but I think you are in the right ballpark (depends on Paper 2).

".........got hard quite quickly...." - Basic fractions for 6 marks at Question 18???

But I agree there were some tough questions.
    Lol - yeah, apart from the basic fraction questions, the second half was harder.

I don't think the grade boundaries will be higher than the June 2014 paper - or, if it is higher, then it won't be much higher. IMO, I think the June 2014 paper was about the same standard, if not a little easier.

This is a link to the June 2014 paper (just for comparison's sake).

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68, but I think this exam was harder than the other past paper so how much would that be
    B or A?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 26 but I answer every bit in the paper and showed my workings out on questions I knew I wasn't gonna get, like on the last questions I knew nothing but out 180= straight line and 360= circle and 180= triangle!

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68, but I think this exam was harder than the other past paper so how much would that be
    B or A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed Abdelgadir)
    B or A?
    depends what you get on the cal paper
    to get a you will need approx 70 marks to get your A

ReputationRep:
    what do you think was the hardest question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    what do you think was the hardest question
    Question 13. Worst case scenario I got 92/100. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. What to do for that question, I must have just had a massive brain fart. Still kicking myself over it.

ReputationRep:
    I've got 35 mateeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Question 13. Worst case scenario I got 92/100. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. What to do for that question, I must have just had a massive brain fart. Still kicking myself over it.
    Which question was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    Which question was that?
    The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man

ReputationRep:
    I had all the working out to gain marks, however it was all over the question page. Would that cost me marks?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man
    no worries that was only 3 marks ,
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lakshii;65190873]how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
    Triangle surds question??
    3 marks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=It's Me!;65246321]
    (Original post by Lakshii)
    how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
    Triangle surds question??
    3 marks
    yes marks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Debruyne;65246465]
    (Original post by It's Me!)

yes marks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aol1)
    Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?
    it will probally be around 167 for an a star so around 93 marks

ReputationRep:
    **** was the rotation anti clockwise?!?! I did clockwise!!!! Crap and the 100-25pi question, got it right then changed my bloody answer.,,

ReputationRep:
    Got 89/90 marks, slightly less than usual, but does anyone have an idea of how many marks I'll need on the calculator to average out an A* (calculator paper is my worse)

ReputationRep:
    I somehow forgot the formula for the area of a circle and did the whole circle in a square question using 2piR instead of piR^2 :banghead:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.