Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    I think the grades are likely to be slightly higher but I think you are in the right ballpark (depends on Paper 2).

".........got hard quite quickly...." - Basic fractions for 6 marks at Question 18???

But I agree there were some tough questions.
    Lol - yeah, apart from the basic fraction questions, the second half was harder.

I don't think the grade boundaries will be higher than the June 2014 paper - or, if it is higher, then it won't be much higher. IMO, I think the June 2014 paper was about the same standard, if not a little easier.

This is a link to the June 2014 paper (just for comparison's sake).

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68, but I think this exam was harder than the other past paper so how much would that be
    B or A?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 26 but I answer every bit in the paper and showed my workings out on questions I knew I wasn't gonna get, like on the last questions I knew nothing but out 180= straight line and 360= circle and 180= triangle!

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 68, but I think this exam was harder than the other past paper so how much would that be
    B or A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed Abdelgadir)
    B or A?
    depends what you get on the cal paper
    to get a you will need approx 70 marks to get your A

ReputationRep:
    what do you think was the hardest question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    what do you think was the hardest question
    Question 13. Worst case scenario I got 92/100. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. What to do for that question, I must have just had a massive brain fart. Still kicking myself over it.

ReputationRep:
    I've got 35 mateeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Question 13. Worst case scenario I got 92/100. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. What to do for that question, I must have just had a massive brain fart. Still kicking myself over it.
    Which question was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    Which question was that?
    The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man

ReputationRep:
    I had all the working out to gain marks, however it was all over the question page. Would that cost me marks?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man
    no worries that was only 3 marks ,
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lakshii;65190873]how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
    Triangle surds question??
    3 marks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=It's Me!;65246321]
    (Original post by Lakshii)
    how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
    Triangle surds question??
    3 marks
    yes marks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Debruyne;65246465]
    (Original post by It's Me!)

yes marks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aol1)
    Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?
    it will probally be around 167 for an a star so around 93 marks

ReputationRep:
    **** was the rotation anti clockwise?!?! I did clockwise!!!! Crap and the 100-25pi question, got it right then changed my bloody answer.,,

ReputationRep:
    Got 89/90 marks, slightly less than usual, but does anyone have an idea of how many marks I'll need on the calculator to average out an A* (calculator paper is my worse)

ReputationRep:
    I somehow forgot the formula for the area of a circle and did the whole circle in a square question using 2piR instead of piR^2 :banghead:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.