Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_0)
    hey, booked a room on the ground floor at Simpsons. anyone else going there?
    Im hoping to study Fashion Communication and Promotion, will it be a bit of a trek to get there?
    can't believe how quickly the accommodation went!
    I'm doing FCP- I havent really managed to find anyone else doing it so heyyy ! I'm at Hampden's though.... But I swear all the city accommodation is quite central so shouldn't be too much of a trek. And yer accom went sooo quick :/ x

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ive just signed up to this site and have no idea how it works! haha. Im starting Print Journalism in October and Im in Gill Street Block C, C353. Anyone close by??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.C.Rowe)
    Hey Ive just signed up to this site and have no idea how it works! haha. Im starting Print Journalism in October and Im in Gill Street Block C, C353. Anyone close by??
    what time did you go on the website to book? im soo gutted i didnt get Gill st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_0)
    hey, booked a room on the ground floor at Simpsons. anyone else going there?
    Im hoping to study Fashion Communication and Promotion, will it be a bit of a trek to get there?
    can't believe how quickly the accommodation went!
    Also booked in Simpsons, a friend lived there last year and she did something to do with fashion, told me it was a 15mins walk, I can't believe how this accomodation thing works, basically a free for all. Anyone know when it actually went live this morning? I totally missed the boat on this one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olicox)
    Also booked in Simpsons, a friend lived there last year and she did something to do with fashion, told me it was a 15mins walk, I can't believe how this accomodation thing works, basically a free for all. Anyone know when it actually went live this morning? I totally missed the boat on this one!
    apparently 7.38

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone staying at sandby halls? the ideas of sharing a kitchen with 13 people sounds horrid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi123)
    Public transport :/ there's a bus stop across the road from simpsons, there's trams as well to get to other places in nottingham. The trek to the city centre is all uphill as well haha I'm not painting a very good picture but I don't want to sugar coat anything! Other than that though it's nice! I think after doing it a few times you'll probably get used to walking it and it won't seem so bad. That's what I'm telling myself anyways haha. What course are you doing?

haha, cool, i dont mind the walk, however was looking to be more centrally located. Im doing business economics, yourself?

Ive started to have a look around private accommodation, IQ for instance, slightly more central, however i have a worry that I will not get the same uni experience through private halls.

ReputationRep:
    im at sandby dude!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone looked around/stayed in the IQ accommodation, although I have booked uni accommodation i am tempted to go private as it is closer to the centre of things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    im at sandby dude!
    cool, which room are you in? which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    im at sandby dude!
    Hey im at Sandby too room 306

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COPZ)
    apparently 7.38
    cheers man, i worked all weekend and was shattered, stayed up to about 2am in the hope it may have gone live from some point at midnight, needless to say I woke up and checked at 9am to find it live and naff all left!

Although im happy with Simpsons, a short walk to campus (compared to what I do now for college) and saving myself abit of dollar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taliayoung)
    Hey im at Sandby too room 306
    what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COPZ)
    what are you studying?
    Psychology with Sociology, what about u? what room u in?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...id=44216479086

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COPZ)
    Is anyone staying at sandby halls? the ideas of sharing a kitchen with 13 people sounds horrid!
    Im in Sandby too

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...id=44216479086 <---- Gill Street Fresher 2011/12 page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COPZ)
    what time did you go on the website to book? im soo gutted i didnt get Gill st
    I booked it quite a while ago. I got early booking becasue I have an unconditional offer. Where are you at??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taliayoung)
    Psychology with Sociology, what about u? what room u in?
    im in room 148, im studying Fashion knit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COPZ)
    or hilarious..!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.