Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by emma1701)
      Yeah... its just a real shame that I probably did fail my exams...

Ah well.. DEFO avoiding her on results day...
      If worse comes to worst and she says anything, you've still got good ol' George Bernard Shaw:

"He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches."

:yeah:

ReputationRep:
      ANY MATHS PEOPLE:
      If you had to put a probability on it, what do you think the chances of getting through the summer pool are with (1,2)?

I recon about 1/10!
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by anoushka1)
      Argghhhhhh guys I cannot help myself, I keep coming onto TSR even though I'm trying to forget about the dreaded results day

I'm 50/50 on whether I got in, this A* business is gonna be the death of me. I totally messed up C3 Maths, I spilled water on my paper when i was about 70% through it and totally panicked and just lost all hope during the exam as I was worried that my writing would smudge. OMG it was a bloody nightmare

What are you guys doing the last 10 days to keep yourself preoccupied?

Good Luck to everyone btw!!
      I know EXACTLY how you feel.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by VaVe)
      My modules were good in January to the point that the A* shouldn't be a problem but the exam was horrible.

Let me rephrase that since someone didn't like it...

After getting my offer I worked my ass of and didn't sleep properly for weeks, revised non-stop and had no social life. I ended up doing extremely well in the January modules as a result which put me in a strong position for an A*. I then found the exam in June horrible and doubt that I managed to get the A*. Since the June module is carries more UMS points than the January module I'm not confident at all.
      Same. :cry2:
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by anttooking)
      ANY MATHS PEOPLE:
      If you had to put a probability on it, what do you think the chances of getting through the summer pool are with (1,2)?

I recon about 1/10!
      Well aparently only 150 mathmos at cam get a 1,1 and they make about 400 offers with about 50 1,2 offers, so I would say year about a 1 in 10 chance

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
      I know EXACTLY how you feel.
      Urghhh its horrible isn't it?
      I'm sending you a virtual hug

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cpdavis)
      I hate people pressure, my head of sixth wants me to fail, he clearly said it, but it's the STEP I'm most worried about :cry2:
      Same here! I'm convinced I've only got a 2 in STEP II :cry2:
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dbou)
      Same here! I'm convinced I've only got a 2 in STEP II :cry2:
      What bands did you get in the end?

ReputationRep:
      Does anyone know exactly how this whole summer pool thing actually works? I mean whats the difference between outright rejection and being put in the summer pool?

This is possibly going to be the longest 10 days of my life....

Does anyone know exactly how this whole summer pool thing actually works? I mean whats the difference between outright rejection and being put in the summer pool?

This is possibly going to be the longest 10 days of my life....
        Try not to be too pessimistic! :p:

This is from the Admissions Office:

(Original post by Cambridge Admissions Office)
        2.7.4 Arrangements for the Summer Pool

The vagaries of any admissions system which is based on conditional offers can result in a few unfortunate anomalies when the A Level results become known in August. Some Colleges find that they are overfull, and cannot lower any offers, even to applicants who have a genuine reason for under-achieving. Other Colleges find themselves unexpectedly with a few places to spare.

• Colleges should bring to the attention of the Director of Admissions or Helen Reed (CAO) the name of any applicant who has failed to achieve the required conditions but who ought, in all fairness, to receive an offer if a place can be found in another College. If a place cannot be found for the immediate year, the preference College should consider whether the offer of a deferred place in these circumstances is appropriate.
        • Each College should co-operate with the Chair of their Medicine Group and the Subject Convenor in Veterinary Medicine to ensure that the quotas in these subjects are met. In practice, this means that no offers in Medicine or Veterinary Medicine should be relaxed until it is clear that there is room for manoeuvre.
        • Each College should co-operate with the Director of Admissions and the relevant Subject Convenor to try to ensure that the agreed upper limits on the numbers of admissions in managed-number subjects are not exceeded. In practice, this means that no offers in these subjects should be relaxed until it is clear that there is room for manoeuvre to do so.
        • CAO will monitor the number of confirmed offers and indicate to Colleges the extent to which the pooling of near-miss applicants will be helpful. Colleges should co-operate with the advice given by CAO to ensure the Target Undergraduate Numbers are met and available places are filled.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by anttooking)
        ANY MATHS PEOPLE:

I recon about 1/10!
        I should think a bit higher than 1/10... maybe 1/4-5?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Got the tshirt)
        My sister got all the stuff from Downing in the post on the day the results came out last year.

I'm so terrified about the18th I haven't been on student room for ages.
        I'm trying to imagine going to Durham but I can't get Cambridge out of my mind.

aHHH! I know exactly what you mean, I put Durham as my insurance, keep trying to picture myself going there, but anytime anyone makes a reference to Oct, I just see myself flying to Stansted, getting the train to Cambridge, and having a nice wee drink in Queens' bar ...

denials the worst...

ReputationRep:
        Just before the end of school, my teacher told us that we would know if we met our offer and got into our univ choice before 18th august (a day earlier or something) due to Track being updated or some kind of email we get or somehow. A couple of people in the past from my school knew it like that.

Can anyone put some light into this?

Any past experiences or anything?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jsadapa1)
        Just before the end of school, my teacher told us that we would know if we met our offer and got into our univ choice before 18th august (a day earlier or something) due to Track being updated or some kind of email we get or somehow. A couple of people in the past from my school knew it like that.

Well I'm not sure sure about in the past, but this year, UCAS have said that they will only update track on the morning of the 18th regardless of whether the universities know or not. (Actually, I'm very curious to know as to when the universities will get our results... hmm. does any one know about this?)

UCAS Track Schedule.

They'll stop updating track from the 10th onwards!

So you will only officially know after the 18th.
        (Pooh.)

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jsadapa1)

Not going to happen Track updates for everybody on the 18th, and won't be starting to update until around 8am. Certainly from Cambridge, you won't hear anything until after your track has updated - you will most likely receive a freshers pack from your college if you've met your offer, but it will be a couple of days after your results and certainly not before.

ReputationRep:
        I HATE this time of year. It goes:

1) Forget all about impending results for a few blissful hours
        2) Suddenly remember about results and feel horribly sick
        3) Start frantically going over every exam/piece of coursework; become terrified of not getting the grades
        4) Rationalise and convince self that everything will be absolutely fine
        5) Forget about results again

Ugh. My birthday is on the 12th and it's very, very hard to focus on that instead!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cpdavis)
        What bands did you get in the end?
        I got my 3 band 1's I also got my percentages and I got 99% in both maths and 97% in the physics exam, so i'm hoping I can use these as leverage!

Did you get yours?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by darkestskies)
        I HATE this time of year. It goes:

1) Forget all about impending results for a few blissful hours
        2) Suddenly remember about results and feel horribly sick
        3) Start frantically going over every exam/piece of coursework; become terrified of not getting the grades
        4) Rationalise and convince self that everything will be absolutely fine
        5) Forget about results again

Ugh. My birthday is on the 12th and it's very, very hard to focus on that instead!
        Tell me about it!

And its frustrating how when i try to tell someone about the feeling may it be to some friend, or on the forum, they tell me off to shut up and do something else :/ lol

GAHHH 10 days :/

ReputationRep:
        aHHH! I know exactly what you mean, I put Durham as my insurance, keep trying to picture myself going there, but anytime anyone makes a reference to Oct, I just see myself flying to Stansted, getting the train to Cambridge, and having a nice wee drink in Queens' bar ...

denials the worst...
        Haha same for me-durham is my insurance and stanstead is airport. What part of republic of ireland r u from?

ReputationRep:
        To those (like me) who are still wondering about Track.. researched a bit and found out that

1. Univs get our results this sunday. (WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS FOR THE SUSPENSE)

2. Track gets updated on Thursday morning around 6:30-8 am.

ARGHH cant wait :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.