Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmo)
I would much rather 3 90 minutes episodes that all have high production value and amazing word perfect scripts comparable to the best films than 13 45minute hit-and-miss episodes.

(Not slating Doctor Who just think of episodes such as Love and Monsters, The Lodger, last's weeks pirate one I can't think of, etc.)
Eugh. Love and Monsters. Don't get me started. Horrific episode. I mean, really. There's always an episode where either the Doctor or his companion is mostly out of the picture and we see a different viewpoint.

Series 2-Love and Monsters (Not much Doctor and Rose)
Series 3-Blink:eek: (Not much Doctor and Martha, although Blink was amazing)
Series 4-Turn Left:facepalm: (No Doctor, as far as I can recall)
Series 5-The Lodger (Not much Amy)

Don't think series 1 had one, did it? The pirate one was only saved by a) the pirate hat and b) Rory shirtless. :lol: And even that didn't do too well, so yeah, bad, bad episode.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmo)
Defiantly thought it was the worst episode last season, which to be fair doesn't really slate the episode due to the quality of the season and James Cordon was rather funny in it.

I'm re-watching the episodes of LoveFilm so I'll see what my opinion is this time around.
In a series with Victory of the Daleks, Vampires of Venice and the Silurian two parter, you thought The Lodger was the worst episode?
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I liked the Lodger and the Doctor's attempt at living like a human. :awesome:
"I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!" :lol:
"No, no annihilating, not now, not ever, not while I'm around. I'm the Doctor, the Oncoming Storm, and...you basically just meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?"
"I can tell by your sofa." "What?" "You're starting to look like it." Well done Doctor Funny episode, I liked it.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
Eugh. Love and Monsters. Don't get me started. Horrific episode. I mean, really. There's always an episode where either the Doctor or his companion is mostly out of the picture and we see a different viewpoint.

Series 2-Love and Monsters (Not much Doctor and Rose)
Series 3-Blink:eek: (Not much Doctor and Martha, although Blink was amazing)
Series 4-Turn Left:facepalm: (No Doctor, as far as I can recall)
Series 5-The Lodger (Not much Amy)

Don't think series 1 had one, did it? The pirate one was only saved by a) the pirate hat and b) Rory shirtless. :lol: And even that didn't do too well, so yeah, bad, bad episode.
You forgot Midnight, which was largely Donna-less.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
In a series with Victory of the Daleks, Vampires of Venice and the Silurian two parter, you thought The Lodger was the worst episode?
Ohhh. The Silurian 2 parter episode...dire to say the least. :lol: And Victory of the Daleks, the most pointless episode ever? Daleks The jammy dodger was awesome though. And I only like Vampires of Venice out of loyalty to Toby Whithouse and Being Human, but it was average. A couple of good one-liners though. "I'm a Time Lord, you're a giant fish. Think of the children!" Vincent and the Doctor was a great episode last series. Loved that one.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vampires of Venice was ****ing awesome.
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So I got wibblywobblytimeywimeystuff.com - cannot believe it wasn't taken (it needs 72 hours for the DNS to change but it's loading early for me) and bought a theme too. After 72 hours or earlier, we can get started on compiling a list of theories and questions and stuff. :awesome:

Tempted to make this into a Doctor Who news blog too along with some cool gifs. Apparently anyone can submit posts to the blog. If anyone is interested in co-running this that is. :holmes:

I'm off to do revision. Exam on Thursday. :sad:

The website looks brilliant! I think with all my revision it might be easier to keep track of theories on there instead of this thread which takes a long time to read...
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lite episodes? You missed Midnight. Brilliant episode.
How could I forget Midnight?! Stupid me. Great episode, but I would've liked it more had it not come straight after Forest of the Dead, which was fantastic. Shame really, they should've put it near to one of the bad episodes to let it shine more.
jjmo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are yes, forgot about Evolution of the Daleks, I knew I would forget a worse episode when writing I thought it was the worst episode. As for the Silurian 2-party I thought they were when Series 5 said 'I'm here now' okay I could do without the conference between them but I though with the events that happened it was very, very good. I'm indifferent to Vampires of Venice.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lite episodes? You missed Midnight. Brilliant episode.
Loved midnight, such a great episode. Would be interesting to see matt smith in an episode similar to that
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Want to question the 2 people who have voted for series 2 yet don't want to appear rude :holmes:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Matt Smith needs to mature or at least be written in a more mature way. Only so much goofiness I can take.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Victory of The Daleks was just so pointless :facepalm2:

Mind, I quite liked the main villain of Vampires of Venice, and the story of the Silurian one so meh. Must admit, I really didn't like The Lodger when I first watched it. But now it's sort of grown on me over time...

... like a tumour ...

... or like the weird mould in the ceiling ...

... or like post-hypnotic suggestion :ninja:
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In the words of the Master...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7bB3oo3-6Y&t=16

:rofl:

Thanks. :cute:

The theory section is going to take a lot of work so I/we may not get around to it anytime soon.
Aha. You noticed.
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks. :cute:

The theory section is going to take a lot of work so I/we may not get around to it anytime soon.
Oh well, the summaries/teasers of everything are enough for me to get my head round. I realise everyone else has exams too! Wish my exams finished before episode 7, but I've got one on the 9th June .
Obadetona
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jjmo)
Are yes, forgot about Evolution of the Daleks, I knew I would forget a worse episode when writing I thought it was the worst episode. As for the Silurian 2-party I thought they were when Series 5 said 'I'm here now' okay I could do without the conference between them but I though with the events that happened it was very, very good. I'm indifferent to Vampires of Venice.
I actually thought the lodger was the best episode! The character's seemed a bit more genuine than usual and nothing ridiculous (the bad type) happened

My worst episode is the finale of the last series. Hear me out here...

1) The dilemma: The Doctor, trapped in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: He saves himself, surely this just destroys the whole point of doctor who as he could have rescued himself countless times before, so silly!

1) The dilemma: Amy Pond is stuck in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: Amelia Pond saves her BY TOUCHING THE BOX.

1) The dilemma: The doctor needs to get up to the TARDIS in the sky somehow
2) The solution: Turn a solid box into a rocket using nothing but a sonic screwdriver, A ROCKET!

And lastly, am I the only one who finds it weird that Amy made out with a robot, like full on.
jjmo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Obadetona)
I actually thought the lodger was the best episode! The character's seemed a bit more genuine than usual and nothing ridiculous (the bad type) happened

2) The solution: He saves himself, surely this just destroys the whole point of doctor who as he could have rescued himself countless times before, so silly!

2) The solution: Turn a solid box into a rocket using nothing but a sonic screwdriver, A ROCKET!

And lastly, am I the only one who finds it weird that Amy made out with a robot, like full on.
Shh! Don't question it - you'll break the logic!
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with that. Would you rather he really was stuck in a box for all eternity. He saves himself by giving rory the sonic screwdriver to let him out after Rorys already let him out by using the sonic screwdriver given to him after he lets him out. Timey Wimey.

I actually don't see a problem with this one at any level. The only way amy could be let out was by getting herself to touch the outside of the box she was trapped in. Which is again impossible except for, Timey Wimey.

It did look bloody good though.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The finale was ok imo, it had enough tension and suspense to be interesting but wasn't too slowly paced or anything but I can see why you people may have thought 'Meh' with sort of Deus ex machina solutions like that
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
shows sides we've never seen before. :holmes:
nekid sides? :sexface:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed