Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I cringed at it reading it back and spotting all the mistakes! I wouldn't even give me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhant Shivram)
    Lol! I'm sure LSE doesn't care about the number of extra commas you've got in your application! :P They'd prefer an immaculate application, of that there's no doubt, but I'm sure they'd look more into the content of your application rather than grammatical errors :P and what matters the most is whether you've been able to convince the admissions officer that you are truly passionate about your course/not. So, cheer up (:

Sent from my iPhone
    Dude, if your grammar is not flawless you have no chance of getting an offer. LSE's admissions department consists of 9 people who read thousands of statements annually, trust me, they will spot every mistake right away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Dude, if your grammar is not flawless you have no chance of getting an offer. LSE's admissions department consists of 9 people who read thousands of statements annually, trust me, they will spot every mistake right away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least I understand where I went wrong. I didn't have a tutor checking mine every 2 seconds like all you sixth form chaps. I'm merely a mature student chasing a dream :')
    Ironically though, I have a Cambridge interview :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Portia1993)
    I cringed at it reading it back and spotting all the mistakes! I wouldn't even give me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where are you studying? I'm a mature student, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perks25)
    Where are you studying? I'm a mature student, too!
    NWHC in Nuneaton
    How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NWHC in Nuneaton
    How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    University of London, Birkbeck. I'm enrolled in their 'legal method' course as I am wanting to study Law. Congrats on Cambridge btw! Feel like a should have applied to Cam. as I just received my rejection form Oxford despite being predicted a 'distinction'. *sigh*.

ReputationRep:
    University of London, Birkbeck. I'm enrolled in their 'legal method' course as I am wanting to study Law. Congrats on Cambridge btw! Feel like a should have applied to Cam. as I just received my rejection form Oxford despite being predicted a 'distinction'. *sigh*.
    Oh wow, that's brill!
    So sorry you were rejected, especially as your predicted grade is so good!
    I only applied on a whim and decided against Oxford because I couldn't find my course on their 'entry requirements' page so I sort of guessed they weren't very mature student friendly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that's brill!
    So sorry you were rejected, especially as your predicted grade is so good!
    I only applied on a whim and decided against Oxford because I couldn't find my course on their 'entry requirements' page so I sort of guessed they weren't very mature student friendly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are you interested in studying? They do have a mature student only college, Harris Manchester, but they are slightly limited in what they are able to offer. Hope it all goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    What are you interested in studying? They do have a mature student only college, Harris Manchester, but they are slightly limited in what they are able to offer. Hope it all goes well for you!
    I really want to go into politics so the courses I have applied to are very varied
    From HSPS at Cambridge to Politics of the International Economy at King's - I just know I want to be a politician so hopefully I've put that view forward in my PS well enough :3
    You too! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go into politics so the courses I have applied to are very varied
    From HSPS at Cambridge to Politics of the International Economy at King's - I just know I want to be a politician so hopefully I've put that view forward in my PS well enough :3
    You too! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I have applied for Law at UCL, King's, LSE, Durham, and Oxford. But now after being rejected before interview at Oxford, I'm feeling slightly anxious that I may have aimed too high. I just don't want to find myself in 'clearing' after all the hard work I've put into this. Anyhow, good luck with it all!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! This is my first post. I've been stalking this thread for a while and I really like the supportive atmosphere here! I received an LSE offer last week and I'm really excited. I applied to Oxford, LSE, Durham, King's and Warwick. And LSE is the only uni that has got back to me!

I wish all of you the best of luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolzzzic)
    Hi everyone! This is my first post. I've been stalking this thread for a while and I really like the supportive atmosphere here! I received an LSE offer last week and I'm really excited. I applied to Oxford, LSE, Durham, King's and Warwick. And LSE is the only uni that has got back to me!

I wish all of you the best of luck!!!
    that's so awesome. congrats! what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    that's so awesome. congrats! what did you apply for?
    Thanks I applied for law. I probably will go to LSE since I have a strong feeling that I've bombed LNAT. and Oxford has started to give out interview invitations...

ReputationRep:
    At least I understand where I went wrong. I didn't have a tutor checking mine every 2 seconds like all you sixth form chaps. I'm merely a mature student chasing a dream :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Voila CEKTOP! 😝 Here's something you should read (: 😊😊

Sent from my iPhone

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, that means you don't really have any grammatical mistakes, good luck with the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolzzzic)
    Thanks I applied for law. I probably will go to LSE since I have a strong feeling that I've bombed LNAT. and Oxford has started to give out interview invitations...
    Oh congrats! I also applied for Law, and am currently on week 4 of my 5 week wait. I also felt like the LNAT was god awful, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do very well, but you never know! Do you mind me asking how long it took you before you received your offer? Congrats again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Well, that means you don't really have any grammatical mistakes, good luck with the interview!
    7 commas! They were all before the word and (I really don't know why and I cringed when I looked at it again)
    & Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh congrats! I also applied for Law, and am currently on week 4 of my 5 week wait. I also felt like the LNAT was god awful, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do very well, but you never know! Do you mind me asking how long it took you before you received your offer? Congrats again!

I first received a two weeks email and after a week I received the five weeks email. Today should be the end of the five weeks but I received an offer just last week. I nearly had an heart attack as I was anticipating a rejection!

But don't worry too much! I'm sure LSE will get back to you as soon as possible! (I do understand that the wait is excruciating)

ReputationRep:
    7 commas! They were all before the word and (I really don't know why and I cringed when I looked at it again)
    & Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Putting a comma before "and" looks to me like a matter of personal preference. You can find such commas in a wide range of writings.

ReputationRep:
    & Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Such commas look like a matter of personal preference to me, as I've seen them many times in sources written by esteemed scholars.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.