Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan202)
    Bristol or Nottingham for economics? Got offers from both but not sure what one to go for.
    Bristol > Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ah ok because I was going to say if you're 100% sure about getting AAA just insure Birmingham but you're not

Personally I think Nottingham>Bristol>Birmingham

However, there's no rush for you to pick your firm and insurance immediately, you do have until the end of March so maybe wait until after any mock results and see where you're at?
    I thought it was widely accepted that Bristol is better than Nottingham for economics

ReputationRep:
    Since on the topic of Bristol, which uni is better for econ Bath of Bristol? Opinions would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wojtek97)
    Congratulations, yeah I have heard of the A*A*A offer its incredibly high I think they are hinting for you to firm them anyhow how long did you wait for your offer?
    A little less than 2 months.
    I would rather go to bath than Exeter due to the location and placement year so their higher offer dissuaded me further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisjones)
    A little less than 2 months.
    I would rather go to bath than Exeter due to the location and placement year so their higher offer dissuaded me further
    Oh okey I see well you choose the best destinations for yourself, I've also applied for econ its been 5 weeks now and still no reply just a postcard few weeks ago :/ Im hoping im just being impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Since on the topic of Bristol, which uni is better for econ Bath of Bristol? Opinions would be helpful
    I hope I do get the Bristol offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Both are really good!
    Your stats?

GCSE's- 6A*'S, 2A'S, 3B'S
    AS LEVELS- 3A'S (Econ, History, Maths), 1B (Phyiscs)
    PREDICTIONS- A*AA

Bristol is econ and management and Nottingham is straight econ, not sure which one to go for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Bristol > Nottingham
    why?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was widely accepted that Bristol is better than Nottingham for economics
    Last year Notts definitely did better but I'm not sure as a whole, I don't think there's much difference between Notts Bristol or Bath though, depends on what you want location wise

On a side note Notts does have an alumni(us?) who won the nobel prize in economics :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Manchester!Sent my UCAS yesterday!first offer
    Congratulations!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh bath, Bristol and Nottingham are all pretty similar IMO. Employers will treat all 3 quite similarly.
    If you're trying to decide out of these unis, decide based on which one you like more rather than their graduate prospects etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope I do get the Bristol offer
    If you got the grades & a good PS+reference I'm sure you'll have a decent chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Tbh bath, Bristol and Nottingham are all pretty similar IMO. Employers will treat all 3 quite similarly.
    If you're trying to decide out of these unis, decide based on which one you like more rather than their graduate prospects etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point, however I looked at some international rankings and Bath is ranked fairly low compared to the likes of Bristol which is top 50, do you think this should have any influence on my decision?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got/still waiting on economics offer from exeter?
    Got an AAB offer last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imrhuss)
    Got an AAB offer last week
    how long did you wait for your offer?

ReputationRep:
    how long did you wait for your offer?
    Waited for about a week until i got any offers, then they all just sorta came at once lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    Just Wondering why you are going to accept 2 unis with the same grades? Seems a bit pointless to me if you miss the grades you don't go to uni. What is wrong with Leeds and Liverpool?
    Well honestly there's no other uni in England with a reputation or city I'd want to go to, Reading at ABB was somewhat a consideration but then I thought, I don't want to go to Reading...

As well as that personally I think I'll get AAA, meaning I'll get into Manchester, but if I do mess up Maths (because C3 and C4 are seeming pretty difficult so far) then Sheffield will take me at AAB without the A needed in Maths for Manchester

Also I just always wanted to go to Manchester and still do, nothing particularly wrong with Liverpool or Leeds but I can't really put them as my insurance when they have higher grades than my firm

I also have a friend who got into Manchester last year for Chemistry when he got BBB on an ABB offer so if I miss the grades slightly then I might just be lucky and they'll take me

Originally I was going to make Manchester my firm (AAB) and make the Leeds Access Scheme offer (ABB with completed summer school) or Newcastle Partners offer (ABB with completed summer school) my insurance until I found out access scheme offers can only be taken as firm choices

I was also considering applying for the Economics and Maths BSc at Newcastle to have as my insurance choice as I think they give offers of ABB on that course, then I thought...I do not have a strong enough interest in pure/core maths for that course

University isn't about getting a 'useful' qualification for me, it's about studying something that interests me in a place I like, so I'm not a fan of applying somewhere I wouldn't want to go on a course I wouldn't want to do just to go to uni

If I ended up not getting in then I could see myself just working for a year and reapplying the year after for the access schemes with my already achived grades

ReputationRep:
    If you got the grades & a good PS+reference I'm sure you'll have a decent chance
    Will A*AB be considered(AS level results ABBB)

ReputationRep:
    Will A*AB be considere?(AS level results ABBB)
    Yes it should be, if the A* is in maths then definately, however the typical offer is A*AA so the B may be a disadvantage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes it should be, if the A* is in maths then definately, however the typical offer is A*AA so the B may be a disadvantage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A* in Economics!Well my Physics teacher was reluctant to predict me an A.I really love their course!I hope things work out well!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.