what were your grades if you don't mind me asking for GCSE and A level
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I got an offer for straight philosophy on 4th December

(Original post by gofios)
    what were your grades if you don't mind me asking for GCSE and A level
    GCSE I was sick so missed a year and only did 8 GCSEs but they were all A*
    For AS I got AAAA

ReputationRep:
    that's really good not surprised you got an offer then!
    GCSE I was sick so missed a year and only did 8 GCSEs but they were all A*
    For AS I got AAAA

that's really good not surprised you got an offer then!
    Aww thank you, I'm sure you'll get one too. What were your GCSEs and AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you, I'm sure you'll get one too. What were your GCSEs and AS levels?
    Haha I have already got rejected 😒GCSE's 2A*s 7As 2Bs AABB at A Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I have already got rejected 😒GCSE's 2A*s 7As 2Bs AABB at A Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm sorry hope you get into your other unis and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukmanmiah;[url="tel:63228923")
    63228923[/url]]Well done! Are you going to a post offer day? I'm wondering if I should go Durham(which is about 6-7 hours on the train from where I live) for a post offer day or I just rule it out now as I'm about 67% sure I don't want to go there.
    I think I will just to see what the department and everything is like. Haha 67% is quite precise, what are your other options? If you're not entirely sure it might be worth visiting cuz you may end up loving/hating it which'd help with the decision!

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an offer to do MMath ? Been waiting since early october haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    What was your choice when you applied?
    i got allocated st aidans too an I'm so upset !!! what application days are you going to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak33m98)
    I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)
    i got st aidans too and I'm so annoyed/upset, desperate too change! are you going on the application days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyismyname)
    I think I will just to see what the department and everything is like. Haha 67% is quite precise, what are your other options? If you're not entirely sure it might be worth visiting cuz you may end up loving/hating it which'd help with the decision!
    Yeah I think the exactness of that number actually really shows how I'm undecided I am. At the moment it's between Durham/UCL and UCL is winning as they want aaa whilst Durham want a*aa. Also, UCL is only an hour away. Sheffield will definitely be my insurance but I'm just so undecided about my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JahJah)
    anyone got an offer to do MMath ? Been waiting since early october haha
    Yeah I got my offer in January, I still know some people who are waiting though so you aren't alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukmanmiah;[url="tel:63231835")
    63231835[/url]]Yeah I think the exactness of that number actually really shows how I'm undecided I am. At the moment it's between Durham/UCL and UCL is winning as they want aaa whilst Durham want a*aa. Also, UCL is only an hour away. Sheffield will definitely be my insurance but I'm just so undecided about my firm.
    Fair enough, I guess it depends how confident you are. But I'd say just go with your gut, because if you really love a place you won't mind being far from home!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I guess it depends how confident you are. But I'd say just go with your gut, because if you really love a place you won't mind being far from home!
    Yeah true, I'm really looking forward to visiting the universities now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukmanmiah;[url="tel:63234297")
    63234297[/url]]Yeah true, I'm really looking forward to visiting the universities now
    Yeah it's so good to visit and can totally alter your perception.. Like I thought I'd like KCL but really didn't at the open day! So I think visiting is defo worth it to see what its really like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    I couldn't find a thread for people wanting to apply to Durham University for 2016 entry so I created this one:-)
    Hopefully we can all help each other and share things we are doing and any revision tips.
    Enter your subject of entry and gcse grades if you want, and a-level subjects you're taking as it can help others decide
    My subject of entry: English and Philosophy (possibly English and History not sure)
    GCSE grades: A*AAAABBBB
    A-levels:
    -English Literature
    -English Language
    -History
    -Philosophy and Ethics

Yeah my GCSE grades aren't your typical perfect scores but hopefully Durham are not too concerned with having all A/A*'s
    Stay away from Durham. Full of Arrogant, Mediocre, Boarding School Kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinduCoffin)
    Stay away from Durham. Full of Arrogant, Mediocre, Boarding School Kids.
    What's this based on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukmanmiah)
    What's this based on?
    My experience as an Uzbek unfortunately. You have these kids who go on about their private jets, and homes in Surrey (not the **** part).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's so good to visit and can totally alter your perception.. Like I thought I'd like KCL but really didn't at the open day! So I think visiting is defo worth it to see what its really like
    Yeah with Durham you almost get the full experience too because you can stay at the college you chose. Dreading the journey there though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinduCoffin)
    My experience as an Uzbek unfortunately. You have these kids who go on about their private jets, and homes in Surrey (not the **** part).
    What's an Uzbek? I heard about the students being really pompous before I applied but I just assumed it was the minority.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.