Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    That's exactly what I said.

Great bench material and is definitely blasting 36 Chambers in the dressing room.

Water carrier, not water boy.

He is very disciplined and will stick to his one thing, which is defending and keeping back. So, on that basis, he is better than anything we have in dm at the moment. Better than Flam who does not even bother to look behind him to see Aguero making a decisive run for example.

If you are playing two deep midfielders he'd be in there. 4-2-3-1. Put him with a good distributor and defensive minded midfielder and that would work.
    4-1-4-1 would also work but not with physical lightweights like Cazorla in front of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Water carrier, not water boy.

He is very disciplined and will stick to his one thing, which is defending and keeping back. So, on that basis, he is better than anything we have in dm at the moment. Better than Flam who does not even bother to look behind him to see Aguero making a decisive run for example.

If you are playing two deep midfielders he'd be in there. 4-2-3-1. Put him with a good distributor and defensive minded midfielder and that would work.
    4-1-4-1 would also work but not with physical lightweights like Cazorla in front of him.
    You're not serious.

Coquelin as our #1 CDM?

Surely you jest, good Sir?

ReputationRep:
    You're not serious.

Coquelin as our #1 CDM?

Surely you jest, good Sir?
    Who do we have that is better in CDM?

Unless Flammy decides to go black, grow a few inches, develop great footballing ability and rename himself "Vieira" we just do not have anyone available.

ReputationRep:

Unless Flammy decides to go black, grow a few inches, develop great footballing ability and rename himself "Vieira" we just do not have anyone available.
    Rename himself Gilberto*

We don't have anyone better. But it's about time we actually replaced the great Silva and brought in a good CDM.

ReputationRep:
    Rename himself Gilberto*

We don't have anyone better. But it's about time we actually replaced the great Silva and brought in a good CDM.

I think that type of midfielder is a bit obsolete these days. Paddy coincidentally, could do it all, much like the best CDM's these days such as Busquets, Martinez, Matic, Lahm.

ReputationRep:

How do we expect to contest for the champions league or the premier league with coquelin as our main CDM? We need a Vieira in CDM I wouldn't mind getting William carvalho or pogba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhassan66)
    How do we expect to contest for the champions league or the premier league with coquelin as our main CDM? We need a Vieira in CDM I wouldn't mind getting William carvalho or pogba
    Vieira wasn't an out and out DM though, Silva was the screen and Vieira played B2B much like Yaya.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would break the bank for Pogba, even if just get him and then pay for a few Bielik-age kids in other areas. We are never going to have problems scoring goals so that is not a pressing issue atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Vieira wasn't an out and out DM though, Silva was the screen and Vieira played B2B much like Yaya.
    Yh true but our midfield is not solid we don't have a proper defensive minded midfielder

ReputationRep:
    Plus , I would pay the premium and get him just to piss United off.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would break the bank for Pogba, even if just get him and then pay for a few Bielik-age kids in other areas. We are never going to have problems scoring goals so that is not a pressing issue atm.
    Yeah it's about time arsene wenger starts buying actual world class players, were only a few players away from being a sick team Id say we need a CDM a CB and a ST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Paddy could do everything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's about time arsene wenger starts buying actual world class players, were only a few players away from being a sick team Id say we need a CDM a CB and a ST

Essentially we are back to where we were a few years back in the Cesc and Nasri days.

ReputationRep:
    I think that type of midfielder is a bit obsolete these days. Paddy coincidentally, could do it all, much like the best CDM's these days such as Busquets, Martinez, Matic, Lahm.
    Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......

ReputationRep:
    Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have our Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......
    We still need a striker

ReputationRep:
    We still need a striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelalex)
    Bamzooki, LOOOOOOOOOOOOL, you won comment of the thread bruh, Bamzooki was the **** back in day though, can't even lie.
    Cheers mayn. Bamzooki was indeed the shiznits...never had a ****ing clue how to make one but to my young self dem zooks were basically the closest thing we were gonna get to aliens. Manz in awe.

Swear down ozil is part zook

ReputationRep:
    i love giroud but let's be honest is he world class? Man City have Agüero Chelsea have Costa Utd. Have v.persie Falcao we have Welbeck and giroud :/

ReputationRep:
    i love giroud but let's be honest is he world class? Man City have Agüero Chelsea have Costa Utd. Have v.persie Falcao we have Welbeck and giroud :/
    He's sexier than all of them combined - no question.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need a striker. We'll get enough goals from Giroud, Alexis, Theo & Welbz.

We've scored the second/third highest number of goals this season (Chelsea & city are joint 1st) and that's with Theo and Giroud being inured for pretty much half of it, and with Ramsey not even scoring like he was last season.

What we need is a CDM because coq won't cut it for us. I'd much rather Wenger fork out £30-50m on a world class CDM then on a striker.

I really like our strike force, we've got so many different types of players that we can completely change our style of play with.

An ideal (and realistic summer) would be to get an established CDM, a left back & a few Bielk type players to grow.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.