Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JunkoR.)
    Thank you so much for taking the time and replying. I dont know but our teachers have given us this model essays and i just tried to write it in my own words. They have emphasized a lot on aggression for status in men therefore i happen to waffle alot at the start. However now that you pointed that out, i realised what needs to be done and thanks for that
    You can use status thats fine but some of it wasnt clear and was worded a bit too much making it difficult to understand some of the points, examiners want clear concise points so its best not to waffle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    I've just seen a question that says 'Discuss explanations for insomnia and/or narcolepsy'. Would I be penalised for talking about narcolepsy only, as it does say 'and/or'? I read through the mark scheme but its still quite unclear
    I prepared for this question and only wrote about insomnia and it didnt affect my mark. You can talk soley about narcolepsy as long as you manage to find enough information!

ReputationRep:
    i've just written a cultural influences on gender roles essay but i've hardly got any A01's or IDA's? does anyone have an essay on this or just some general ida and ao1 points?

ReputationRep:
    How's is everyone revising for research methods????
    Really struggling with the tests and what I actually need to know (spearmans, wilcoxon, chi squared and Mann-Whitney)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  577.4 KB
    (Original post by miajohnsonhall)
    Ohh could I see it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    thanks, but aren't the questions different lengths? So how long for the four marker, then isn't there a 4+16 and 8+16 or something? just dont want to run out of time
    You want to spend half an hour on each individual topic so if it's just one 8+16 essay you should spend half an hour on it. But if it's like 4 marks then 4+16, I think spend 24 minutes or so on the 4+16 and about 6 minutes on the 4 marker. Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Really struggling with the tests and what I actually need to know (spearmans, wilcoxon, chi squared and Mann-Whitney)
    Lol i havent even started psay4 yet im more worried about unit 3

ReputationRep:
    i advise just practicing past papers! Loopa's got a free book on his website with tons of past paper research method questions and answers so i'm working through them!

To remember the spearmans and that, create a table... so down the left side you want the headings ' Type of data: Nominal, or At least ordinal', and then along the top you're gunna want the headings 'independent groups' or 'repeated measures', and then fill in the table if that makes sense?

Spearmans rank is an easy one because the only time you use it is when the data is correlational and at least ordinal! (correct me if i'm wrong)

hope that helps! If you want me to draw out the table and post it on here i can but i can't guarantee it'll be legible:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown_eyes)
    You want to spend half an hour on each individual topic so if it's just one 8+16 essay you should spend half an hour on it. But if it's like 4 marks then 4+16, I think spend 24 minutes or so on the 4+16 and about 6 minutes on the 4 marker. Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes that's perfect, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    Depression predictions now available here on Loopa if anyone is interested: http://www.loopa.co.uk/depression-pr...qa-psychology/

Always learn everything to be safe of course.
    Umm.. Isn't your table wrong? It was therapies for the biological question in the replacement paper. You've got it down as explanations. That would surely change your predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    HAHAH this is so true 😂😂😂😂 I never check my answers again there's zero time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One tip which i think will be quite effective is, not writing a conclusion for any essay, then when there's 5 mins left I'm going to to add any IDA's that could get me a few mark then a concluding sentence to get extra marks! Instead of writing your conclusions and not being able to add anything after.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference between evaluation and IDAS? they seem the same to me can somebody please explain when and where to use them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimsnaywux)
    Whats the difference between evaluation and IDAS? they seem the same to me can somebody please explain when and where to use them?
    so evaluation is whether the study has external validity, is generalisable, stuff like that?
    IDA's are easy if you remember the GRENADE acronym:
    G - Gender bias
    R - Reductionism (or limited if it's not the biological approach)
    E - ethical issues
    N - Nature vs Nurture
    A - animals studies
    D - Determinism
    E - ethnocentrism.

hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimsnaywux)
    I always think of IDAs as AS like evaluation tbh... The Loopa site has a good acronym for them tho (GRENADE)

ReputationRep:
    For eating behaviour, could we be asked about the success and failure of dieting separately, or does the question always specifically ask for both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    i advise just practicing past papers! Loopa's got a free book on his website with tons of past paper research method questions and answers so i'm working through them!

To remember the spearmans and that, create a table... so down the left side you want the headings ' Type of data: Nominal, or At least ordinal', and then along the top you're gunna want the headings 'independent groups' or 'repeated measures', and then fill in the table if that makes sense?

Spearmans rank is an easy one because the only time you use it is when the data is correlational and at least ordinal! (correct me if i'm wrong)

hope that helps! If you want me to draw out the table and post it on here i can but i can't guarantee it'll be legible:P

I'm trying to go through the past paper questions for research methods but it's like I'm lacking the fundamental knowledge of how to answer them but only when it comes to the different tests and why would use this as a test and how to interpret the data from the table of values if you know I mean so a table would be very helpful thank you!!

Also any tips on actually designing a study? Like is there an acronym I could learn Sometimes comes up as the last question on the paper x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Lol i havent even started psay4 yet im more worried about unit 3
    As long as nothing cultural comes up on unit 3 I might be able to struggle through
    I've given up trying to cram looool
    I started panicking because I thought unit 4 is fast approaching as so is unit 3 😭😪

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to go through the past paper questions for research methods but it's like I'm lacking the fundamental knowledge of how to answer them but only when it comes to the different tests and why would use this as a test and how to interpret the data from the table of values if you know I mean so a table would be very helpful thank you!!

Also any tips on actually designing a study? Like is there an acronym I could learn Sometimes comes up as the last question on the paper x
    okay here's the table that i meant and the rest of the info on there's pretty helpful?

but yeah if anyone has an acronym or how to write an experiment that'd be great
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else leaving their psya4 revision until after psya3?

ReputationRep:
    NMH evekay Thank you both!!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.