Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    lmao better late than never
    When I saw the structure of the paper I was like why is this kid doing aqa? Then I scrolled to tittle of the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    Do all-nighters actually work for people?? Has it worked for you in the past??
    Anyone? lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? lol
    Nope
    Depends
    If your learning everything in one day coz you literally know nothing, it would be impossible for me
    I'm learning bits of the spec that I wasn't bothered to memorise at the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamk123)
    any one got quick method to remember those stupid colours
    i was in ur shoes earlier today this was the best i came across

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...ion-metals.pdf

last two page have all the colours youll need to know. unfortunately theres no shortcut, u just have to make up a pattern that works for you or just cram it raw.

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe2+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, all the best for tomorrow! hope u guys all get what u need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloSwagginz)
    When I saw the structure of the paper I was like why is this kid doing aqa? Then I scrolled to tittle of the thread
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Nope
    Depends
    If your learning everything in one day coz you literally know nothing, it would be impossible for me
    I'm learning bits of the spec that I wasn't bothered to memorise at the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was actually asking for biology tomorrow haha, i feel like I've spent too much time on chem and literally no time on bio It's my last exam though so I'm contemplating doing an all nighter for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)

last two page have all the colours youll need to know. unfortunately theres no shortcut, u just have to make up a pattern that works for you or just cram it raw.

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe3+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything
    Fe2+ is mostly green for everything, Fe3+ is yellow with water and forms a brown ppt with everything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Fe2+ is mostly green for everything, Fe3+ is yellow with water and forms a brown ppt with everything else
    yeah typo sorry doing exam questions and looking on here at the same time is prob not the best idea

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explainwhy you need a platinum electrode on the right?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  319.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    yeah typo sorry doing exam questions and looking on here at the same time is prob not the best idea
    Lol I get it, I just didn't want you going into the exam tomorrow mixing Fe3+ with Fe2+!

My brain is pretty frazzled atm trying to cram bio at the same time as finishing the past papers for chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Lol I get it, I just didn't want you going into the exam tomorrow mixing Fe3+ with Fe2+!

My brain is pretty frazzled atm trying to cram bio at the same time as finishing the past papers for chem
    lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)

yeah this is weird. it could be to do with allowing electricity to flow

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? lol
    me i had done no revision for chem4 and i had to pretty much pull an all nighter (got 3 hours sleep) to even do decent on the exam, if i didnt pull an all nighter it would have been sooo much worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill try and finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after
    True, some exams are so mentally exhausting that by the end my hand is so tired and my brain feels like mush so writing a 3 instead of a 2 is entirely possible 😂

I don't know what exam board you do for bio (I do OCR) but gene technology is in the middle of our syllabus so imagine having to do all the gene tech and then having to do ecology and plant and animal behaviour after it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe2+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything
    thanks ill give it few look throughs then try to write up table on my own hopefully it works but yeah i also noticed that too that a few metals have repeated colours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)

I think it's because both the reactant and product on that side are solid so the platinum electrode is just there to conduct between the two solids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after
    i didnt even get to finish by biology revision for f215, got like halfway through then gave up on the day cause it was too much, im probably gonna have to cram it all in tomorrow and then do past papers like theres no tomorrow

(Original post by flylikeafly)
    You know when they ask why this cell is not rechargeable or ammeter reading would fall to zero. I don't understand that.
    Not rechargeable: reactions cannot be reversed

Ammeter: reactants are being used up

(Original post by YoloSwagginz)
    You don't need every colour spec specifically states fe cu and co in ppt reactions and cu nh3 deep blue cucl4 and cocl4
    Maybe so, but every single colour change has come up before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    yeah this is weird. it could be to do with allowing electricity to flow
    Thanks, I just realised that the metal oxides can't conduct electricity

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.