Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieBlogger)
    Set a daily routine. Wake up at a set time and go to bed at a set time.

In the day you can do things for free like go to a library and pick out some books, read the daily papers - discover new things. Most libraries have free music/DVDs to rent too - browse, choose things you don't usually go for. Have a set lunch hour. Walk in a park, take some photos, share them with strangers on instagram and find people who have similar interest.

Set a cleaning rota for yourself - keep yourself and your surroundings clean and tidy. Start cooking meals from scratch - have fun with it and experiment.

Keep busy, have a routine and be productive.

Believe me it can work wonders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See I'm aware of all the things I could do but it's just like, I try and do them and I have no interest- I'm literally boring myself rn. I think a routine would do me good but I hate the idea of being restricted to a certain timetable of doing things, it's always made me a bit apprehensive

Though I can certainly improve my sleep/wake hours and cleaning lmao.

Thanks very much for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Feel empty half the time, and like crying the rest of the time. It seems like forever since I've been genuinely happy

ReputationRep:
    First meeting with my CPN in 3 weeks tomorrow. :eek: I am sort of worried, because I have been feeling so **** recently. Hence why I don't post much because I don't want to bore you all with my usual whinging and complaining. I think I may ask could medication be put back on the cards because I honestly feel like this, me, is going no where.

On the bright side, I am getting the keys to my new flat on Monday and we officially move in on the 9th August! :woo: I am rather excited. I suppose I am being selfish because I know it means my SO will be back in Dundee with me, but I am just so incredibly lonely, and it will be wonderful for us to have our own routine in our own flat. :love:

ReputationRep:
    So pleased that things are going well for you Airmed! Hugs to Inexorably and Ezme39 and all those that need them :hugs:

--

Other news. I have work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it as my knees have been bad recently and work makes them worse (my knee caps apparently slightly out of place?) and also work is making me feel a bit meh after I finish recently. Not sure if it's just because I'm generally meh at the moment or if it's something else.

(Meh = a bit iffy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    First meeting with my CPN in 3 weeks tomorrow. :eek: I am sort of worried, because I have been feeling so **** recently. Hence why I don't post much because I don't want to bore you all with my usual whinging and complaining. I think I may ask could medication be put back on the cards because I honestly feel like this, me, is going no where.

On the bright side, I am getting the keys to my new flat on Monday and we officially move in on the 9th August! :woo: I am rather excited. I suppose I am being selfish because I know it means my SO will be back in Dundee with me, but I am just so incredibly lonely, and it will be wonderful for us to have our own routine in our own flat. :love:
    Which medication did you already try?

New flat sounds awesome! It's really great when you move in with your SO, just the two of you with everything how you want it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Which medication did you already try?

New flat sounds awesome! It's really great when you move in with your SO, just the two of you with everything how you want it.
    Sertraline, fluoxetine, quetiapine, aripiprazole and mitrazapine. It's been seven months since my last attempt.

I am very excited.

ReputationRep:
    Really not doing well tonight, keep getting deeper and deeper and im genuinely about to just turn off the laptop and listen to some songs and cry cause i'm just broken .again.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like complete and utter crap. All I want to do is cry. And push my friends away - cut them out. Something, anything, to numb the pain seems really damn good right now.

ReputationRep:
    Sertraline, fluoxetine, quetiapine, aripiprazole and mitrazapine. It's been seven months since my last attempt.

I am very excited.
    Might it be worth trying a typical antipsychotic?

ReputationRep:
    Might it be worth trying a typical antipsychotic?
    Any suggestions? I had such adverse reactions to those two, I couldn't even last a full week on either of them. My antipyschotic knowledge is horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    So pleased that things are going well for you Airmed! Hugs to Inexorably and Ezme39 and all those that need them :hugs:

--

Other news. I have work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it as my knees have been bad recently and work makes them worse (my knee caps apparently slightly out of place?) and also work is making me feel a bit meh after I finish recently. Not sure if it's just because I'm generally meh at the moment or if it's something else.

(Meh = a bit iffy)

Can your work give you any tasks which are less strenuous for your knees? I'm sure they wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable, if it can be avoided :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Really not doing well tonight, keep getting deeper and deeper and im genuinely about to just turn off the laptop and listen to some songs and cry cause i'm just broken .again.
    (Original post by TinyMockingbird)
    Feeling like complete and utter crap. All I want to do is cry. And push my friends away - cut them out. Something, anything, to numb the pain seems really damn good right now.
    Hugs both of you, wish I could help you feel better

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions? I had such adverse reactions to those two, I couldn't even last a full week on either of them. My antipyschotic knowledge is horrific.
    Quetiapine and aripiprazole tend to have different side effects (Q being one of the most sedating and abilify being least) so it's weird you had the same experience with both of them.

You could try asking for a low potency typical such as chlorpromazine perhaps? That way you'd have more control over the dose. If you did get side effects you can't cope with it might be worth trying benztropine to minimize them and allow you to give it a longer time to see if the chlorpromazine works. But then it's more pills so some people are uncomfortable with that.

ReputationRep:
    Quetiapine and aripiprazole tend to have different side effects (Q being one of the most sedating and abilify being least) so it's weird you had the same experience with both of them.

You could try asking for a low potency typical such as chlorpromazine perhaps? That way you'd have more control over the dose. If you did get side effects you can't cope with it might be worth trying benztropine to minimize them and allow you to give it a longer time to see if the chlorpromazine works. But then it's more pills so some people are uncomfortable with that.
    I just feel like I should try something because it seems at this rate I will never be put on a waiting list for therapy. I understand that my CPN thinks nothing chemically is wrong with me, and perhaps he is right, but I feel as if I need to take some control over my mental health.

Thank you. :hugs: I will try my best to mention this to my CPN tomorrow. After we stop fangirling over Harry Potter, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    X
    I think you'd be surprised about how many people do care about you. I know people may not physically show it outwardly but there'll be people on the sidelines cheering you on and wondering how you're doing if you haven't posted for a few days.

I don't think it's what you deserve either or it's people thinking you're not struggling - as you've seen tonight, there's alot of people struggling and so as I said, I think it's more people not being in the right place mentally to reply to you so they can offer some advice/post something useful? Waiting lists for any kind of Mental Health help are sucky - trust me I've been there (I had to wait about 9 months to even start CBT) and recovery is never straightforward but you've gotta at least get on that path? Sounds really logical but things can't and won't get better if you're not trying to get better?

I also don't think you're invisible - though if you're perceiving people to ignore you on a persistant basis, I can understand how you'll have come to this thought, nor do I think your friend hates you. Our minds twist things in so many different ways and in so many different negative ways that it's much easier to accept the negative thought about an outcome than the thought that is actually more than likely true. It's very easy to get lost on this thread and it can definitely feel a 'free for all' sometimes but I assure you that just because something you post, mightn't get replied to, it doesn't mean people don't care :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Also :hugs: to everyone. There's alot of people struggling which is never nice to see :/

ReputationRep:
    I just feel like I should try something because it seems at this rate I will never be put on a waiting list for therapy. I understand that my CPN thinks nothing chemically is wrong with me, and perhaps he is right, but I feel as if I need to take some control over my mental health.

Thank you. :hugs: I will try my best to mention this to my CPN tomorrow. After we stop fangirling over Harry Potter, of course.
    Hi Airmed, i can recommend a good alternative ' ' medication, for you, if you feel brave enough to try it? It is chinese, i can also send you a youtube video or two confirming it's goodness. Let me know? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Hi Airmed, i can recommend a good alternative ' ' medication, for you, if you feel brave enough to try it? It is chinese, i can also send you a youtube video or two confirming it's goodness. Let me know? x
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    No
    Why so negative? This drug really helps me??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Hi, unfortunately I think I'm a bit too messed up and complicated. Thanks for the offer though :hugs: I don't think alternative medication is for me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.