Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicken-)
    I'm genuinely contemplating suicide.. I drank bleach earlier but puked it up. I don't know what to do, I'm so scared I got an A instead of an A* on my math paper I want to kill myself.. What do I do?
    Please don't do that. I have had suicidal thoughts for many years myself, it does get better I promise xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any thoughts on the AQA German tests? I found the reading quite easy and the listening mediocre so I'm thinking the grade boundaries will be similar to other years, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, this ''waiting game'' is driving me crazy. From one side I kind of think that my results will be okay-ish, but then all of sudden I remind myself of all those stupid mistakes I did which make me think I did really badly and my results will be horrific.

I just don't want to disappoint my mum, she expects so much from me and I want to make her happy... :ashamed:

Anyone else having nightmares with bad results? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nudelauflauf)
    Anyone got any thoughts on the AQA German tests? I found the reading quite easy and the listening mediocre so I'm thinking the grade boundaries will be similar to other years, maybe?
    I thought both papers were quite nice tbf, I think they may go up by two/ three marks.

ReputationRep:
    I got full marks in my AQA French coursework and if I got a B in my listening and a B in my reading exams then what grade would I end up with ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartBrain)
    I got full marks in my AQA French coursework and if I got a B in my listening and a B in my reading exams then what grade would I end up with ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends on how much your exams are worth and how much was your coursework worth.
    Our every unit was worth 25% each so if yours is the same then you should probably end up with an A since your coursework will be A* but your exams B.

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely contemplating suicide.. I drank bleach earlier but puked it up. I don't know what to do, I'm so scared I got an A instead of an A* on my math paper I want to kill myself.. What do I do?
    Oh my, please don't! Have you got an adult you can tell? You're sixteen so you're able to go to the doctors and talk about this. I remember being in a position of contemplating once, please don't, it gets better and an A is an amazing grade anyway!

Even if you talk to someone on the forum, there's always someone there who can listen and really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluxy324)
    Aqa french? That listening test was horrific.... but that reading was so easy i still think i can get an a*
    that listening french paper was terrible! what on earth was that, it was almost funny because the questions were so stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Ok

Biology: A
    B1: 34
    B2: 45
    B3: 42
    B4 (ISA): school didn't tell us our ISA scores for any science because they are subject to change (even though they told us scores for other controlled assessments)

Chemistry: A* (I hope)
    C1: 38
    C2: 54
    C3: 50

Physics: B (if I'm lucky)
    P1: 36
    P2: 28
    P3: 25

wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physics was horrific! I literally think I got 25 in P3 but people were saying it was easy wtf?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Nice! same exact thing with the ISA's for us too, I just hope that they'll actually help me secure my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I think I aced Chemistry (A*) and I'm about 65% sure that Biology is an A* (I completely messed up the 6 marker on B2)

Physics is another story 😂 I genuinely think I've got like 15 marks in P2, probably a B in P3, an A/A* in P3 and my ISA (P4)

But ho humm! Physics isn't the end of the world. I hope you grt ehat you want, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSailorMoonQueen)
    Ugh, this ''waiting game'' is driving me crazy. From one side I kind of think that my results will be okay-ish, but then all of sudden I remind myself of all those stupid mistakes I did which make me think I did really badly and my results will be horrific.

I just don't want to disappoint my mum, she expects so much from me and I want to make her happy... :ashamed:

Anyone else having nightmares with bad results? :confused:
    I keep having dreams that I get results that make no sense like 5Ks, and 4Xs :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bonnie_x)
    because your results will be out of this world

😂 that was dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartBrain)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, so I've used the ums converter and grade boundaries to try and figure out what you would have got. Remember in French coursework is worth 60% and exams are worth 40%:
    If you got B literally on the dot in both listening and reading exams (so the lowest possible mark that you would get and still get a B) you would receive 42 UMS points for each exam.

Reading: 42 UMS
    Listening: 42 UMS

Now you say you received full marks in your coursework, so this means you'd get full UMS!

Writing 90 UMS
    Speaking: 90 UMS

Add all the UMS together: 42+42+90+90 = 264 UMS

Now we have to look at the overall UMS grade boundaries for the whole French course.
    A* = 270 UMS A = 240 UMS B = 210 UMS etc.

This means you would achieve an A grade overall. However, remember this is if you get B ON THE DOT in the exam, which probably won't happen so you may get a mid B which would be worth more UMS and boost you up to an A*!

Hope this helps! Follow these links for more info:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...BOUNDARIES.PDF
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter

ReputationRep:
    I don't though coz I only answered one question as I tried topping myself during the exam
    Are you serious you might kys if you get an A instead of an A* If I got An A I would be over the moon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie_x)
    You can actually get X grades though if you don't sit 50% of the units in the course or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Physics was horrific! I literally think I got 25 in P3 but people were saying it was easy wtf?????
    EASY?!:eek: They must be some next level physicists or something...

ReputationRep:
    I looked back at the paper just now and I honestly can't remember what I put it was a big mess! I'm probably gonna get a really low B in Physics. Also bricking it for Biology because I really want an A!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel like they did so much better in their mocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Anyone else feel like they did so much better in their mocks?
    Yes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a desire to wash anyone who claimed that the AQA Physics (and bio and chem too tbh) exams were 'easy' straight down the sink.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.