UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Nicolish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two people I know got some section scores in the 300s so people complaining about getting 500+.... shhh
OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Claire2008)
Is it true that the full test available on the website is much harder than the actual UKCAT - was gonna use that to round off my prep (got the exam tomorrow) and it is way much more harder than the books I've been using - it is seriously making me want to cry

It's not much harder. But it is harder. So use it to prepare.
petepatel5
Report 10 years ago
first of all, a 3.5 is pretty good in the states......i can't apply to schools in the states due to my immgration status....as for the fees i know im looking at around 25000-27000 pounds a year...i will be able to come up with that throught friends and family...

how do i find out if i have 2:1 or whatever.....i dont know what that means....and where can i find out if i have that or not....we dont have anything like that in the states...

the biomedical enginneering curriculum is similar to the pre-med curriculum in the sense we take a biology and chemistry classes....two each...2 physics classes...5 math classes(calc 1 2 and 3..matrix algebra and differential equations)...english 1 and 2....as well as 2 semsters of organic chemistry iwth labs....i have As in all except 1 physics(B+), C in organic 2, and b in english 2

so i do have enough chemistry and biology....and yeah i also took anatomy and physiology at a junior level in college(A
)...so i do have enough chemistry and biology.....

so basically how do i find out if i graduated 2:1 or not?

thanks for all the responses.....i have to pick 5 colleges and i can only pick 2...hully york and st andrews.....i dont know what to do about the other 3 since i cant risk going to kenya and then apply for visa to enter uk on just an interview basis...i have to make sure i get in thats the only way im willing to leave the states...
*AngelFish*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Catchetat)
I've got the test on Friday. Do you mind me asking how much revision you've done? Reason being I don't think I've done enough. All I've done is looked at some of those similar UKCAT style questions on other websites for like 3-4 hours?

What can I do at this moment? 2 days left!!
www.medicas.org.uk

From this you can sign up to its sister site medicmix.com which has loads of tips and practice qs.

This website is amazing, you have to sign up which takes a couple of mins but if you get on to the UKCAT practice papers on there then they give you loads of really useful tips, like things to look for on AR etc.

Hope this helps, Good Luck
Sprout_hair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Verbal - 570
Quantitative - 610
Abstract - 670
Decision Analysis - 650

Average: 625

Hmm.. not ecstatic but i guess im glad its over.
What would you say is the TSR average?
Hosain H
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So would you guys think it advisable to apply to barts with a score of 610?
mogerman
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys,

just wanted to know if UKCAT actually has a huge impact on the selection of applicants. pls only those who know and those who got into uni...sorry for being rude but some people write non sense in forums.
b9muslove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hosain H)
So would you guys think it advisable to apply to barts with a score of 610?
They did have a cut off score of around 600 last year if i'm correct, however it could increase. I personally wouldn't advise it.
Rock n Roll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Use your common sense ffs, why would they make you do it if it wasn't important? Plus do you know for definate if it was a flop, as in do you have results? If not, you may have done better than you think.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cucumber sandwich)
Tomorrow it is... I'm getting a bit nervous.... I sit around thinking I will underperform, get like 300 or something . But I hope I get 650 or more, then I will be deffo satisfied
my friend's also doing it tomorrow!
in cph rihgt??
cucumber sandwich
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yess
cchilstonev1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Rock n Roll' you get results on the day mate.
UKCAT is used differently by each university. Some use it a lot and don't consider people under a certain cut-off score and some hardly use it at all or don't use it, for example Liverpool, Birmingham and Bristol and some others for Medicine. You'd have to do research on individual unis mate.
annarchy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why is it always only one stupid subtest that lets me down!???

Verbal - 480 disastrous...
Quantitative - 730 miraculous...
Abstract - 600 bleh
Decision Analysis - 590 meh

exactly 600 average. I hope my Personal Statement kicks adequate ass... *sigh* good luck to us all.
mogerman
Report 10 years ago
got 500...and average scoring is 600!!
cloop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry - really stupid question... What is ukcat?
munkie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of the medical school admissions tests - if you don't know it isn't important to you!

OP - where are you applying, and are you undergad or graduate?
x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x
Report 10 years ago
from wt i no, london uni's use it most but im not sure bout out of london. Kings say that if u gt good gcse's and a levels den it plays less importance, wt r ure gcse's and AS levels?
mogerman
Report 10 years ago
my unis for medical school are outside london...iam reali depressed and i dont reali have the motivation to carry on with my A levels because of UKCAT result
mogerman
Report 10 years ago
iam undergrad. student

i dont reali like mentioning my GCSE or my A level results but i can tell u that my Prediction grades are AAAa
xylophonefairy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pretty much every Uni uses it nowadays, though Cardiff only uses it to distinguish between similar candidates.

Oxbridge, UCL, and Imperial use the BMAT.

Bristol, Birmingham and Liverpool don't use any sort of admissions test.

How the Uni's use the UKCAT varies. Leicester takes your lowest score in any of the sections and gives you a mark out of 5 for this. Some have a cutoff point, so they call all those who recieve ober a certain score to interview then handpick say, 100 others. It varies a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
38.26%
No - but I will (4)
3.48%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (62)
53.91%

Watched Threads