Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Mithra = :sad:
    I can only hope he'll forgive me. :puppyeyes:

Has he decided on his Firm yet? If all goes well I should hopefully be at Imperial in his fourth year. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Name:ui9
    Course:Computing
    Decision: Firm
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I can only hope he'll forgive me. :puppyeyes:

Has he decided on his Firm yet? If all goes well I should hopefully be at Imperial in his fourth year. :awesome:
    I can't deciiiide :sad:.

I think its probably going to be Imperial though.

...but it could still change :bawling:.

Completely understand your choice though, its Oxford after all :p:. Do you not do your clinical years in Oxford though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Completely understand your choice though, its Oxford after all :p:. Do you not do your clinical years in Oxford though?
    My decision was bloody hard, but at the end of the day I decided that it was really a personal thing to be at Oxford (what with only 5 other freshers for Medicine at my college), whereas it's easy in a bigger group to get lost, if that makes sense. :s: What college do you have an offer from for Durham?

And I only have a ticket for my pre-clinical years at Oxford. After that I have to re-apply (Yay!) via the commons system for a clinical place at either Oxford, Cambridge or London. Everyone gets a place somewhere though, and right now I'm thinking either UCL, Barts or Imperial for me. It will probably change numerous times over the next few years though. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    My decision was bloody hard, but at the end of the day I decided that it was really a personal thing to be at Oxford (what with only 5 other freshers for Medicine at my college), whereas it's easy in a bigger group to get lost, if that makes sense. :s: What college do you have an offer from for Durham?

And I only have a ticket for my pre-clinical years at Oxford. After that I have to re-apply (Yay!) via the commons system for a clinical place at either Oxford, Cambridge or London. Everyone gets a place somewhere though, and right now I'm thinking either UCL, Barts or Imperial for me. It will probably change numerous times over the next few years though. :p:
    Hild Bede at Durham. I get what you mean about the more personal thing, its one of the major reasons I'm considering Durham :yep:.

Never knew that about med school applications, so you get all the fun of applications all over again? (Although at least with no chance of overall rejection this time though :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Hild Bede at Durham. I get what you mean about the more personal thing, its one of the major reasons I'm considering Durham :yep:.

Never knew that about med school applications, so you get all the fun of applications all over again? (Although at least with no chance of overall rejection this time though :p:)
    *Scurries off to google college*

:coma: Me like. Although does it have it's own section of the river and is the science area just a walk through the park away? :teeth: (I have no idea how I got an offer from this college, I wasn't even interviewed there :s:)

You only have get to apply again if you're at Oxford or Cambridge. Everyone else is boring and just stays at one (Oxbridge is only really where it's feasible though, due to their rather unique course structure. Actually, St. Andrews do the same, but then you just get moved down to Manchester rather than re-applying). One of the best things in my eyes, in that I get to combine amazingly in-depth pre-clinical stuff from world leaders in Oxford, and then move down to busy old London to get into the heart of Clinicals - really sounds the best of both worlds. Plus I'd get to have two degree from two different places (potentially even the kudos of having a degree from both Oxford and Cambridge :teeth:).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I cheated :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I decided to firm St Andrews. Was a bit sad having to decline Imperial though

Mithra what did you decide?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I.. didn't really :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: Your sig says otherwise ...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    :hmmm: Your sig says otherwise ...
    I did indeed put Imperial as firm yes :p:. (However I can change that for up to 14 days :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    I did indeed put Imperial as firm yes :p:. (However I can change that for up to 14 days :ninja:)
    * knocks Mithra out for two weeks *

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry about it too much... you're gonna have an awesome time wherever you go!
    Imperial will be amazing. I'm gutted I can't go to both! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    [Insert come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies joke here]. Seriously though, well done for making the right choice

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant

Now let's hope you don't change your mind :p:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sishii
    Course (deferred?): Petroleum Geoscience (no)
    South African NSC subjects + grades: Maths - 98; Physical Science - 93, Design -92; English - 93; Dramatic Arts - 96
    Decision: Conditional Firm

ReputationRep:
    Name: chemigal [Beth]
    Course (deferred?): Chemistry
    GCSEs/equivalent: 4A* 6A Equivalent of 2B in ICT
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: ICT A, Chemistry A, Physics A, Maths A
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: Chemistry A, Physics A, Maths A, BTEC Sport Distinction
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): None
    Decision: Firm Offer, AAA in Chem, Phys, Maths, with AAB in A2 Chem modules... if they could just be a tad more specific and decide what exact marks I had to get that would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I got this a couple of months ago now but better late than never

Name: Andrew
    Course: Mechanical Engineering
    GCSEs/equivalent: not that good don't entirely remember a few a's no a*'s
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Physics A, Chemistry A, Physics A, Maths A
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: Physics A,Chemistry A, Physics A, Maths A,
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): None
    Decision: Firm Offer, AAA in Phys, Maths, +1 more a level with a's in all maths modules...

ReputationRep:
    Well i got mine back in Febuary/March

Name: Idris
    Course: Bio-engineering

GCSEs/equivalent: 4 A*'s, 3 A's, 2B's and 2C's

AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Physics C, Chemistry C, Biology A, Maths B

Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: Physics A, Chemistry B, Biology A, Maths ?(let's just say that one maths teacher predicted an A the other who i have a mutual hate argeement with predicted an E)

Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): 19 on BMAT (but got refused)

Decision: Firm Offer, A Maths, A Biology, B Physics, B chemistry

Hopefully i'll hit it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.