Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    thankyou I read somewhere that around half of Medical students will have the bronze award ... so I must upgrade to silver! :lol:
    Oeer:eek:
    Go for gold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    I am pretty sure 80% of TSR wants to do medicine...
    I thought that I'd put out there that I am in the 20% that doesn't want to do medicine! I'm an aspiring MFL teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that is true and I am one of those 80% majority of TSR but Minority in the real world :woo:

(Original post by elixirs)
    Oeer:eek:
    Go for gold!
    I probably will but I can't get it in time before university (unless I did a gap year, but I don't want to do a gap year - takes long enough to do medicine anyway!) ... I have until I'm 24 so I will probably do it in my 3rd year at university

ReputationRep:
    Haha! So true, and I love being in that 80%

ReputationRep:
    that is true and I am one of those 80% majority of TSR but Minority in the real world :woo:

I probably will but I can't get it in time before university (unless I did a gap year, but I don't want to do a gap year - takes long enough to do medicine anyway!) ... I have until I'm 24 so I will probably do it in my 3rd year at university
    Ah I see you have it all figured out Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    :hat2:Hi everyone!!!

I was in this position last year and I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone :grin:, it will turn out better than you expect, honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Ah I see you have it all figured out Good luck!
    haha I had a lot of spare time last summer :lol:

saying that I have a lot of spare time this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    :hat2:Hi everyone!!!

I was in this position last year and I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone :grin:, it will turn out better than you expect, honest
    thankyou and what about yourself ? are you prepared yours is only one week

ReputationRep:
    I feel special as i'm not in the 80% i'm one of the other 20% that want to do engineering or education etc

ReputationRep:
    My dad has been camping before so I used his stuff My school provided the cooking things (trangeas) and fuel though, and tents if we wanted ( I took theres as it was lighter and still fit for me and my friend )
    If you don't mind me asking did you go to a grammar school? I'm going to a local sixth form and I do hope they provide the necessary stuff and support that you had. don't want to spend that much if it's just an extra curricular activity.

Where did you go for your expedition? I haven't tried doing the bronze since my sixth form only offers the silver award.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hs1var19)
    If you don't mind me asking did you go to a grammar school? I'm going to a local sixth form and I do hope they provide the necessary stuff and support that you had. don't want to spend that much if it's just an extra curricular activity.

Where did you go for your expedition? I haven't tried doing the bronze since my sixth form only offers the silver award.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no I go to a public school and i'm going to the same school for 6th form

yeah I know what you mean it can expensive on the DOfE website they have a kit list that is like 2 3 pages long and trust me you don't even need half of it! ... and its their recommended stuff and it seems very expensive :/

we went to just a local campsite for bronze, but we had to walk like a long way around to the site to make it at least 6 hours long For silver we are going into the peak district

ReputationRep:
    thankyou and what about yourself ? are you prepared yours is only one week
    Haha :crossedf:, I did do quite a bit of revision, so I hope it pays off but I'm so bad at judging this sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    Haha :crossedf:, I did do quite a bit of revision, so I hope it pays off but I'm so bad at judging this sort of thing
    haha well best of luck what results you waiting for ??

I've started learning and revising AS maths already

ReputationRep:
    My motivation for pre-studying for a levels is dependant on my results.

ReputationRep:
    haha well best of luck what results you waiting for ??

I've started learning and revising AS maths already
    Thanks history, Geog, eng lit and french I still found igcse chemistry harder than all of these though, so it's all relative
    Haha that's super keen, I've been doing quite a lot of extra reading (will be applying for history ). Is there a subject you're worried about- there's always one

ReputationRep:
    Thanks history, Geog, eng lit and french I still found igcse chemistry harder than all of these though, so it's all relative
    Haha that's super keen, I've been doing quite a lot of extra reading (will be applying for history ). Is there a subject you're worried about- there's always one
    Oooo a historian and yes how did you know it is the old English lit and the Mardy examiner story :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if the rest of you have already mentioned this - if so, sorry! I can either get the results online in the morning, or go into school and get them in paper then, or do both...? I don't know what to do! Feel like I should probably do it the 'traditional way' but if it all goes wrong I don't want to look like a complete idiot going into school with everyone comparing results...! Argh! I don't know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    How are c.as actually marked does anyone know? I know the teacher marks it but then what? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oooo a historian and yes how did you know it is the old English lit and the Mardy examiner story :lol:
    I'm sure it will turn out fine I was sure I had got a B in chemistry but came out with a high A in the end (it was my worst subject ) so I wouldn't worry about what you think you've done badly in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths0)
    How are c.as actually marked does anyone know? I know the teacher marks it but then what? :confused:
    the exam board will ask for like a sample of 10 to check the teachers marking .. if its too extreme they ask for all the CAs and mark them themselves if its okay they accept the teachers marks and will then take them marks and convert them to UMS for your results slip

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.