Pharmacy Applicants 2015 Watch

bryonyrachel97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bless21)
anybody else struggle for time in nottinghams chemistry&maths test, at the interview
found it absolutely horrible! have you heard back yet?
bryonyrachel97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 138688)
All I know is that there are seven stations and that's it!! I hope the questions are not hard because I can be really dopey sometimes. ������
have you heard back from nottingham?
Bless21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bryonyrachel97)
found it absolutely horrible! have you heard back yet?
Nope haha, I probably won't I got hardly any marks for the tests -.- Was your interview this week?
bryonyrachel97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bless21)
Nope haha, I probably won't I got hardly any marks for the tests -.- Was your interview this week?
yeah, Monday -.- the tests were so horrible! feel like i have absolutely no hope of getting an offer now
Erinnnidhuibh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone for ljmu on 11th feb?
lydiafoof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
Hey, how's it going?

First year was amazing. As you may already know, Brighton has implemented a new course structure where you learn about diseases and medicines as a part of a case as opposed to modules. For example, the first case in Year 1 is Conjunctivitis, so you learn all of the relevant anatomy of the eye, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, pharmacy practice, chemistry, formulation science etc. relevant to the disease. This makes the learning experience a lot more integrated and clinically-focussed compared to studying each subject area as a module. The rest of the cases are: Lung Cancer, Pain, Sexual Health/Anaemias, Indigestion, Skin, Holiday Health, Coughs/Colds, and Pet Meds. Year 1 is mainly composed of conditions that you would normally find in a community pharmacy, whereas Year 2 introduces cases which you'd normally come across in hospital pharmacy, e.g. C. diff Infection.

At Brighton they also help us to learn about drugs that are relevant to the case (e.g. by giving us a list of the 100 most prescribed drugs and telling us to fill in information such as pharmacokinetics, mechanisms of action, clinical information etc. (which from Year 2 onwards is examinable as part of the OSCEs) over the 4 years. In Year 1 we had 33 drugs, and have 45 drugs this year; I've attached an example that I filled out in Year 1.

I would also advise looking at the attached student handbook for the MPharm course from last year, which describes the structure of the course from Year 1 to Year 4.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!
Would you be able to say what your interview was like, and the sort of questions they ask, or any tests you had to do, thanks
Wing:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am an international student doing A level in the UK. I am now holding an offer from QUB for 2015 entry. Anyone knows if it is possible for me to defer a year with the same offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Afghan Warrior
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't access the below page on Nottingham's interview program. Can anyone who can access it please tell me what it says?

pikachuuu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
anyone gone to Kingston london interview???

Posted from TSR Mobile
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pikachuuu)
anyone gone to Kingston london interview???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Yeh I attended their interview about a week ago now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
pikachuuu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how was it? is the uni good?

they told me I have interview at 10th dec but I had to change it cause I had Huddersfield interview that day.
they havent replied yet... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lydiafoof)
Thank you so much!
Would you be able to say what your interview was like, and the sort of questions they ask, or any tests you had to do, thanks
The interview went well. It was in a group format with a lecturer and 5 applicants (including myself). No traditional questions like 'why pharmacy' / 'why Brighton'. We were given a task to complete as a group (ours was to work out items invented in the previous 100 years that could fit inside a standard-sized shoebox; we came up with things like microchips and hard-disks). We were each then asked to give a short (2 minute) presentation on one of these items to the rest of the group. So essentially, the interview was just to determine everyone's communication skills, and was nothing in terms of pharmacy itself.

No tests had to be completed at the interview, but there was a short on-line test to be completed once you'd launched your UCAS application. A few drug calculation questions (no prior knowledge required, just basic arithmetic questions) and an ethical essay (mine was based on whether smokers should pay for their own NHS treatments). Fairly simple overall.

Bear in mind, though, that I did this 2 years ago, so the process may have changed!

Hope this helps!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pikachuuu)
how was it? is the uni good?

they told me I have interview at 10th dec but I had to change it cause I had Huddersfield interview that day.
they havent replied yet... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh it was good, it was a very informal interview, they basically put you into groups and give you an ethical question and recent article related to pharmacy( so my group got antibiotics article and the *ethical question I think was the same for everyone) * what would you do as a pharmacist if a 15 years old came to your pharmacy and asked for morning after pills?
They asked us to discuss these in groups for 15 minutes and then they took us to another room where we were asked to have a discussion with the group and interviewer. That's pretty much it!
My tip would be to just make sure you are speaking when having a discussion, if you are confident with speaking then you should be fine!
Make sure ur not leading the group though! Let everyone speak but make sure ur voice is also heard.

That's really it I guess!
Good luck👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilovethebio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been invited to attend a "Pharmacy applicants day" at UEA which consists of a maths test and some other stuff along with a group activity but there is no interview of any sort stated at all on the form? Does that mean I'll basically be offered a place or is this standard? And does anyone know exactly what sort of thing the group activity involves at UEA? Thanks
Gg7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StarkRa)
could i ask what you were predicted ?? thank you !
AAB
ThePhoenixLament
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilovethebio)
I've been invited to attend a "Pharmacy applicants day" at UEA which consists of a maths test and some other stuff along with a group activity but there is no interview of any sort stated at all on the form? Does that mean I'll basically be offered a place or is this standard? And does anyone know exactly what sort of thing the group activity involves at UEA? Thanks
There is no interview- they decide on whether to give you an offer or not based on the applicants day. The group activity is nothing to worry about- it's like building the tallest tower but nothing you can prepare for really. They like to see how you think on the spot and work with others in your team. That's the easy bit provided you aren't a sociopath or just generally a horribly selfish person! It's the most laid back thing of the whole day and everyone has a laugh about it. Good luck with your day (although as I said there's nothing to worry about)!
lydiafoof
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Afghan Warrior)
I can't access the below page on Nottingham's interview program. Can anyone who can access it please tell me what it says?

It has 5 options that you can click on. They are:
Interview guidance January/March

Afghan Warrior
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I know about these links however in my post I said that I can't access these links for some strange reason. I was hoping someone would access the UCAS 2014/15 Visit Day Programme B – 14.00pm link and let me know what the page says. I'm not sure whether the links are broken or whether it is my laptop or internet provider blocking the links.
Sheraz Imran
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone who received an OFFER from Aston University on or after Tuesday 16th December 2014 received an Interview Date yet? I received the OFFER Pack via the Post a few days ago saying they'd send an email with reference to further information with regards to the Interview including available dates in due course but I haven't received anything of yet. Anyone else in a similar position? Or if you have received an Interview date, how long after receiving your offer were you informed of any Interview Dates/Timings and Additional Details?
hurricaneee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many people are often scared to contact admissions to ask these questions, I would just call them up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads