Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    How was your interview? - Was your experience similar to those shared on this thread?
    Yes, it was an informal chat and both my interviewers were really friendly!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure RPC read apps and send the test to people they like. That's what they did last year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Rejection from Slaughters (very much expected) but been invited on an open day - not sure yet whether to go
    Sorry to hear that. Do you mind if I ask you when you had your interview?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie?

and any experience with a Simmons' AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Rejection from Slaughters (very much expected) but been invited on an open day - not sure yet whether to go
    Same - first rejection Slightly gutted but I definitely saw this coming :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokut)
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Two weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horse273)
    Same - first rejection Slightly gutted but I definitely saw this coming :rolleyes:
    Thanks a lot in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone have any advice on the Burges Salmon assessment centre, group exercise at all?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Has anyone else been invited to WFW assessment centre? Have any clue what I should expect? :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm filling out an application and under the 'Resits' section it says "Please give details of any academic awards, prizes or scholarships gained at School, University or Law School".

However, under the questions section it says "
    Please give details of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements that will support your application"

I notice that it asks for noteworthy achievements and positions of responsibility, but do I need to repeat the awards I have there? I don't want to repeat anything as I know that is probably frustrating for the reader.

I could probably fill the space with my positions of responsibility and other achievements, but not sure where to put my awards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokut)
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    It's fine It was in the third week of January.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here any experience of the Herbert Smith assessment centre?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawGirl2015)
    Hi guys!

Has anyone else been invited to WFW assessment centre? Have any clue what I should expect? :-)
    I have mine on the 11th. I went to the open day and they said that there would be 5 exercises (no interview) but grad rec were reluctant to give any more detail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Anyone know who Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co's verbal reasoning test provider is?

Thanks
    It's SHL - I did the verbal test a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejc27)
    Does anyone know what the application process if for Dentons? I have a 'first interview' next week and applied for the vac scheme and training contract. Would there be another interview for the vac scheme after the first one or would that be at the end of the vac scheme for the training contract?
    Congrats! How did you find your first interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millie1993)
    Hey, does anyone have any advice on the Burges Salmon assessment centre, group exercise at all?!
    Hey, I had an ac at burges salmon on Monday, the group exercise is a presentation advising clients on whether to invest in a company or not

You're given 45 mins to plan, and 30 mins for the presentation

You are put into your group at the start of the day so have plenty of time to meet them and get to know them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I'm filling out an application and under the 'Resits' section it says "Please give details of any academic awards, prizes or scholarships gained at School, University or Law School".

However, under the questions section it says "
    Please give details of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements that will support your application"

I notice that it asks for noteworthy achievements and positions of responsibility, but do I need to repeat the awards I have there? I don't want to repeat anything as I know that is probably frustrating for the reader.

I could probably fill the space with my positions of responsibility and other achievements, but not sure where to put my awards.

I personally wouldn't repeat it. Academic awards gained during education I would put under the first, and anything else under the second. In the second one I may write something like 'As well as the academic awards previously mentioned, I have also gained ........'

But I'm not a careers adviser.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a message from Bird & Bird saying I've been invited to do the Watson Glazer test. Does anyone known whether this is similar to the verbal reasoning test SHL put out or is it completely different? I'm only familiar with the latter since this is my first foray into vac schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    I personally wouldn't repeat it. Academic awards gained during education I would put under the first, and anything else under the second. In the second one I may write something like 'As well as the academic awards previously mentioned, I have also gained ........'

But I'm not a careers adviser.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somuchlaw)
    Just got rejection from S&M, bit disappointed actually.
    When was your interview if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.