Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rixium)
    What is the Ox's long term position and if you were to compare him to one other footballer who would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    DMF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Predicted line up for today anyone ?
    Imagine this:-

Ramsey Chambo

Campbell Cazorla Sanchez

Giroud

Crazily attacking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    DMF
    people say this, but i've never seen him demonstrate an arteta level of intelligence, or the long range passing ability to play there. Arteta's contributions at DMF often go unpraised, but his game is built on intelligence of reading the passing lines not physicality.

Yeah Ox performed well when he played as DMF, but I think he would be wasted there when he can be more effective further up the field in a different role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    people say this, but i've never seen him demonstrate an arteta level of intelligence, or the long range passing ability to play there. Arteta's contributions at DMF often go unpraised, but his game is built on intelligence of reading the passing lines not physicality.

Yeah Ox performed well when he played as DMF, but I think he would be wasted there when he can be more effective further up the field in a different role.
    I have no idea, I'm going purely on Wenger's opinion of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I have no idea, I'm going purely on Wenger's opinion of him.
    Not just Wenger now that you mention it. His dad mentioned it too, and I'm sure Ox did himself quite a few times

ReputationRep:

A lot of that video is from the season before hand is it not? He's lost his legs and that is the reality imo. He was not up to par for us last season though had some ok perforamnces here and there. We need an upgrade

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal team v Benfica: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Sanogo

Will today be the day Sanogo shows that he isn't useless? I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting. Wish Ospina got a run but probably still on break after WC

Martinez
    Chambers Bellerin Monreal Gibbs
    Flamini RAmsey
    Campbell Rosicky Ox
    Sanogo

Very interesting line up. See 2 new faces and the ox is always entertaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Arsenal team v Benfica: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Sanogo

Will today be the day Sanogo shows that he isn't useless? I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's 21 I really don't know what all this hate is about him

ReputationRep:
    Wenger said, I think yesterday, Ospina is injured

And I thought Chambers was more likely CB than Bellerin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought Chambers was an RB and was a prospect to be converted into a CB for the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    A lot of that video is from the season before hand is it not? He's lost his legs and that is the reality imo. He was not up to par for us last season though had some ok perforamnces here and there. We need an upgrade
    yeah my point was just that im not sure Ox has the intelligence to play DMF and cut out the passing channels like good old 'tets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I thought Chambers was an RB and was a prospect to be converted into a CB for the future
    Rumoured to play CM as well, and on FIFA 13 he was a RM.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know Bellerin could play CB, whilst Chambers can if needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a stream link?

ReputationRep:
    only watching this to see Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    only watching this to see Sanchez

Sanchez aint playing lol scroll up for line up

edit : sorry he's on bench

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez is playing more of tomorrow's game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Sanchez aint playing lol scroll up for line up
    rumoured to come off the bench for his first appearance.

ReputationRep:
    how serious do we actually take the Emirates cup?

Is is the same as those pointless friendlies we play in Asia, or is it like an early league cup game?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.