Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know if the financial help the uni provides is available to people that come through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Probably. Have a look at the Students' Union website for info on all the events going on during Welcome Week: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/
    Thank you I think I found the full list of events here http://events.manchester.ac.uk/calen...86600D224CDD2E
    Doesn't seem to be any fancy dress events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)
    Hey, does anyone know if the financial help the uni provides is available to people that come through clearing?
    I'm pretty sure it is, I don't think it makes any difference if you came through clearing or not. You could always contact them just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it is, I don't think it makes any difference if you came through clearing or not. You could always contact them just to make sure.
    Thanks, wasn't sure and thought I'd phone them tomorrow anyway. Was wondering in the meantime if anyone knew.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, wasn't sure and thought I'd phone them tomorrow anyway. Was wondering in the meantime if anyone knew.
    I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't available to people coming through clearing, would hardly be fair would it? But yeah, probably a good idea to phone them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't available to people coming through clearing, would hardly be fair would it? But yeah, probably a good idea to phone them anyway.
    I know, but one uni I applied to (Can't remember which) said it was only available to people that firmed them.

ReputationRep:
    I know, but one uni I applied to (Can't remember which) said it was only available to people that firmed them.
    Oh right, that's not the case with Manchester at least. The only requirement is that you're on an eligible undergraduate course (which is pretty much everything other than NHS-funded stuff) and have had a full financial assessment carried out by Student Finance.

ReputationRep:
    Woot woot, got my accommodation offer, going to be at Woolton Hall. Any other Wools here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)
    I'm on the City campus, Wright Robinson. Being able to roll out of bed into the lecture theatre is gonna be pretty nice.
    How did you get accommodation so early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    How did you get accommodation so early?
    I got an unconditional in July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny_Icefall)
    Me! Found another person, that makes 4 people on here so far that I've found who are staying in Burkhardt. Hi!
    Haha yes about time!
    What room you staying in btw :P
    Sweat this house is so unpopular :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeb123)
    Haha yes about time!
    What room you staying in btw :P
    Sweat this house is so unpopular :L
    I'm on the second floor but I'm not really sure how the code works as my room code is only 4 digits long so I don't know how many flats the building is separated into :confused: I know right! On the website it says it's a high demand building but not that many people seem to have chosen it. I hope that's not a bad sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny_Icefall)
    I'm on the second floor but I'm not really sure how the code works as my room code is only 4 digits long so I don't know how many flats the building is separated into :confused: I know right! On the website it says it's a high demand building but not that many people seem to have chosen it. I hope that's not a bad sign
    People may have been put off by the high demand thing and not applied. Also, the other people there may just not be on tsr.

ReputationRep:
    People may have been put off by the high demand thing and not applied. Also, the other people there may just not be on tsr.
    Very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    I do have a question for everyone. I missed by one grade my Biochem offer at Manchester( AAB and I got ABC, Bio was very close to an A so wasn't the issue at all but Chem I got the C which was the issue) but I have been offered and accepted the opportunity to do a Life Sciences foundation degree for a year before I can actually start my course. Being the case, will people who go to do the Foundation courses be welcome to go to Freshers Week, its been on my mind for the last few days just how exactly it works. Hopefully next year I can start my course proper, really excited and not at all bothered I have to spend an extra year at Uni
    Foundation students live the student life just like everyone else, including living in halls and going to freshers week :yep:

(Original post by ammara_12)
    GUYS I can't decide whether I should live in halls or not!! I currently live about 15 minutes away from the uni so I don't see the point but I reallllllyy don't want to miss out on the social aspect of uni Does anyone know whether I will actually miss out on a lot?? I need to make my decision quick
    I'd suggest moving out this year and seeing how you like it - halls are a lot of fun and they do make it much easier to make friends IME. You can always change your mind in subsequent years - it's really a relatively short term decision you're making here.

Yep, so long as you meet the financial eligibility criteria, you'll receive it regardless of whether you've come throughClearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep, so long as you meet the financial eligibility criteria, you'll receive it regardless of whether you've come throughClearing

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Do you have to apply for the bursary or does that uni contact you about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardik95)
    Do you have to apply for the bursary or does that uni contact you about it?
    If you've been financially assessed by Student Finance, the university will automatically give you the bursary. No need to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Woot woot, got my accommodation offer, going to be at Woolton Hall. Any other Wools here
    Yep! Which one are you in? I'm in Spencer

ReputationRep:
    Got my accommodation sorted! Going to be staying in Victoria Hall

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here living in Denmark Road? Just got my offer and a little disappointed as I wanted to be in Fallowfield. Would be nice to know someone in Denmark Road before I go to put my mind at ease as I'm a little worried about living in the city campus as I'm not sure what to expect. Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.